Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think these comments are hilarious.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just one more. LOL.

Quote:
He needs to be benched to send a message to the whole team.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niner fans are mostly pathetic. I'll never get a jersey or 49er gear b/c I just can't be associated with that mess of a fanbase.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what happened today. I can't really point to one player on the offense that was terrible but it seemed like they couldn't move the ball whenever they needed to.

I am worried about the defense. That was the worst performance I have seen by them in some time.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was disappointed at the lack of down field passing. Especially when they were stacking the box most of the game.

What was the point of signing Randy Moss?
Old 09-23-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Niner fans are mostly pathetic. I'll never get a jersey or 49er gear b/c I just can't be associated with that mess of a fanbase.
Huh? Maybe on-line, but most of the Niner fans I've come across in my area(and VA has HUGE Niner fanbase )and in other parts of the country have been knowledgeable and respectful. Every fanbase has its delusional clowns but that would never stop me from buying gear and representing my team with pride. I could less how our fanbase is perceived by others, it shouldn't affect how you choose to express your fandom. I've never met a fan of ANY team, in ANY sport that didn't own something representing the team they root for. That just seems odd to me.

As for that crap of a game today. I'm kinda worried that Fangio has started out so bland defensively. I know it worked last year and its part of what we do but I thought with us having all the guys back and this being our 2nd year in the scheme, we would be looking....well, and I HATE saying this....but more like the Cards. More exotic looks, fronts, just more stuff to throw at teams. Scheming pressure in some instances, laying back and playing some more 3-3-5 and incorporating more zone-blitzes instead of striaght-up overload blitzes. You can't just sit on what we did last year defensively. Its a new year and the league always adjusts. I thought we were going to throw alot funky looking stuff at Ponder to confuse him. Instead we did pretty much what we did the first two weeks and dared him to beat us and he did, time and time again. You have to evolve to stay relevant in this league. I've seen some of the evolution offensively. Have yet to see it defensively.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-23-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I was disappointed at the lack of down field passing. Especially when they were stacking the box most of the game.

What was the point of signing Randy Moss?
The offensive line wasn't holding up well enough to go deep today.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
The offensive line wasn't holding up well enough to go deep today.
This is also another problem. STILL having issues with pass-protection against the blitz. This has been going on for over a year now. Last year, it was the right side. This year, its been on the left with Staley and Iupati. Gotta get that fixed pronto. Rex is going to let the dogs loose next week. We have to be better.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
This is also another problem. STILL having issues with pass-protection against the blitz. This has been going on for over a year now. Last year, it was the right side. This year, its been on the left with Staley and Iupati. Gotta get that fixed pronto. Rex is going to let the dogs loose next week. We have to be better.
It doesn't even seem to be play as much as it is communication. I hate seeing someone get beat or someone come in untouched when there is someone else looking for a defender to block.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few notes after watching that cluster**** of a game -

1) Harbaugh needs to stop with the power running every damn down. Its not working and isnt going to work. You acquired Moss, Manningham and drafted Jenkins, use these guys already.

2) Cant even blame Smith. Harbaugh doesnt let him air it out or anything. Harbaugh isnt playing aggressive enough. We'll never know if Smith can ever have 300 yard 3 TD games if all we do is run the ball 90% of the time.

3) Defense is overrated. They sucked today period. The entire team, coaching and play calling all sucked today period.

4) Randy Moss. If he has anything left, USE HIM. If he doesnt, let him go because I just dont see the point in keeping him just as a decoy. Eventually, teams arent going to fall for the decoy anymore.

5) Gore. I dont know about anyone else but im tired of Gore. Every time he looks like he's going to break off a huge run, he gets tackled. Personally, I rather see a Hunter/James combination next year. Speaking of James, is Harbaugh ever going to use him or Jenkins? Our first and second rounders are a waste period.

Finally, if we lose to the Jets, the seasons is done in my opinion. Losing to two crappy average teams after beating the Packers in GB and the Lions is a no no. Yeah, its only one game but losing to a team that we should have crushed is a huge setback in my opinion. And now with these crappy Cardinals 3-0 out of nowhere and the Seahawks a pain in the ass, I wouldnt be surprised if we go 8-8 or worse at this point. UGH.

What a crappy day.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I think you need to calm down, dan. I would actually disagree with most of that. Harbaugh's problem wasn't sticking with the power running today, it was not doing so. It felt to me like he was trying to force the pass even though the running game was popping off 4-5 yards almost every play.

I will agree about the defense today, though. This defense seems meh when Justin Smith isn't dominating completely. It reminds me a lot of the Big Nickel. Bring four and drop everyone else back. It works when the four get pressure but that really hasn't been the case this season. I think we have like five sacks this year?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind this loss. Yes it was a surprise and a bit of a downer, but hopefully it will be seen as a reminder that you have to show up every week in the NFL... no matter the opponent. I like to think that maybe the team was riding a bit high after defeating the Packers and Lions, they might have overlooked that Vikings this week. I think we should have ran the ball more early on. I don't think this defense is overrated. I think this team will be fine. They'll be talking about us being one of the best teams in the league again after we get a W next week. Still confident here.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
A few notes after watching that cluster**** of a game -

1) Harbaugh needs to stop with the power running every damn down. Its not working and isnt going to work. You acquired Moss, Manningham and drafted Jenkins, use these guys already.

2) Cant even blame Smith. Harbaugh doesnt let him air it out or anything. Harbaugh isnt playing aggressive enough. We'll never know if Smith can ever have 300 yard 3 TD games if all we do is run the ball 90% of the time.

3) Defense is overrated. They sucked today period. The entire team, coaching and play calling all sucked today period.

4) Randy Moss. If he has anything left, USE HIM. If he doesnt, let him go because I just dont see the point in keeping him just as a decoy. Eventually, teams arent going to fall for the decoy anymore.

5) Gore. I dont know about anyone else but im tired of Gore. Every time he looks like he's going to break off a huge run, he gets tackled. Personally, I rather see a Hunter/James combination next year. Speaking of James, is Harbaugh ever going to use him or Jenkins? Our first and second rounders are a waste period.

Finally, if we lose to the Jets, the seasons is done in my opinion. Losing to two crappy average teams after beating the Packers in GB and the Lions is a no no. Yeah, its only one game but losing to a team that we should have crushed is a huge setback in my opinion. And now with these crappy Cardinals 3-0 out of nowhere and the Seahawks a pain in the ass, I wouldnt be surprised if we go 8-8 or worse at this point. UGH.

What a crappy day.
Woah. I'm not surprised to see this kind of reaction from you, dan. Not after all these years... lol. This is still a top team. Step back from the ledge. Gore has actually surprised me this year. I am one that was pushing for more Hunter during the off season, but Gore has looked good, IMO. He's not going to break 50+ yard runs anymore, but he is very consistent and always seems to get positive yardage. Jenkins and James will get more playing time when they are ready. Trust Harbaugh. This team has a lot of good vets ahead of them.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

The Vikings might actually be better than people are giving them credit for. Ponder definitely seems better.

I didn't get why the 49ers didn't go deep one time during the entire game. Even when the 49ers got behind in the 4th, they still kept going with short passes. I highly doubt the protection was so bad on every passing play, that this wasn't an option. Smith completed most of his passes. He just didn't make any big plays really.

The is one instance I actually agree with Dan about something. We went out and signed Moss, yet we're not using him on any deep routes, his specialty. Why? I don't get this at all. I'm downloading the game again, so I'll get to see how things really blew over.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I think you need to calm down, dan. I would actually disagree with most of that. Harbaugh's problem wasn't sticking with the power running today, it was not doing so. It felt to me like he was trying to force the pass even though the running game was popping off 4-5 yards almost every play.

I will agree about the defense today, though. This defense seems meh when Justin Smith isn't dominating completely. It reminds me a lot of the Big Nickel. Bring four and drop everyone else back. It works when the four get pressure but that really hasn't been the case this season. I think we have like five sacks this year?
In a passing league, you cant stick with power running and expect to win every game. You must have a passing offense or quite simply, you wont win longterm. 4th quarter and losing 24-13, Harbaugh is STILL running the ball and of course, Gore fumbled and that was the nail in the coffin.

Defense has lost a step from last year. Giving up 65 points is unacceptable especially when the Vikings scored more points than the Packers or Lions. Its nuts. Defense needs to be more aggressive. Aside from Justin Smith, im not seeing that from anyone. Seriously? Getting beat by Ponder and Randolph? UGH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Woah. I'm not surprised to see this kind of reaction from you, dan. Not after all these years... lol. This is still a top team. Step back from the ledge. Gore has actually surprised me this year. I am one that was pushing for more Hunter during the off season, but Gore has looked good, IMO. He's not going to break 50+ yard runs anymore, but he is very consistent and always seems to get positive yardage. Jenkins and James will get more playing time when they are ready. Trust Harbaugh. This team has a lot of good vets ahead of them.
Top team? Not if we lose to the Jets next week who'll be without Revis. We go 2-2, team is done and expect Moss to explode and the team to implode as a result. Harbaugh is showing ZERO confidence in Smith to pass when he needs him to. Basically, its the opposite. When we should be passing, we run and when we should be running, we pass. Makes no sense. And scoring FG's is really starting to piss me off. Its basically a repeat of last season. Only difference is that we're not winning 13 games this year by scoring FG's.

Gore hasnt looked as bad as I said and his average is 5.2 but a lot of that was when we were ahead in GB and against DET. Down 24-13 in the 4th quarter and yet, we're still running the ball? Come on. What the hell was the point in signing Moss, Manningham and drafting Jenkins/James if we're not using any of them? Makes no sense. More weapons than last season but the results are the same.

Honestly, I like Harbaugh's attitude but I dont think that he has any confidence in Smith and the passing game despite the off-season additions which is why he went after Manning. The truly sad part is that Harbaugh and Roman need to take the chains off of Smith and let him ******* play!!! This conservative crap needs to end because im sick of it. Watching the game today, I would have sworn that Nolan/Singletary were on the sidelines. UGH.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The Vikings might actually be better than people are giving them credit for. Ponder definitely seems better.

I didn't get why the 49ers didn't go deep one time during the entire game. Even when the 49ers got behind in the 4th, they still kept going with short passes. I highly doubt the protection was so bad on every passing play, that this wasn't an option. Smith completed most of his passes. He just didn't make any big plays really.

The is one instance I actually agree with Dan about something. We went out and signed Moss, yet we're not using him on any deep routes, his specialty. Why? I don't get this at all. I'm downloading the game again, so I'll get to see how things really blew over.
It's only the third week. We didn't really start to hit our stride until after the Giants game last year. The passing game is coming along fine. Alex missed Moss for a would be toucdown with a high throw today. He hits him for that score, no one is talking about Moss not being used enough. Last game, it was the dropped passes that slowed down the passing game. Chillax ppl. It's ONE lost. We didn't bring it today.....**** happens. We're not going just heave the ball downfield just to appease fans. The Vikes played very little man coverage on the back-end and gave safety help a few times to Moss on his side of the field to avoid the deep ball. Alex is doing what he always does....taking what's there and not force things into coverage

And its not so much that the Vikes are underrated, as is that we've struggled against mobile QBs since last year. Romo and Vick gave us problems last year. Ponder is in that same mold. Now ppl will say well we beat Tarravis Jackson twice but Jackson isn't the caliber of those guys, not even Ponder. And if you look at Ponder's game today, it wasn't his arm that really killed us, it was his legs. Escaping would be sacks, scrambling for positive yards and extending plays to find Harvin on key 3rd downs. I would love for us to go after Harvin once he becomes a free-agent. He's the defintion of a offensive weapon. A human multi-purpose tool. He killed us all game, catching the ball and rushing.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
It's only the third week. We didn't really start to hit our stride until after the Giants game last year. The passing game is coming along fine. Alex missed Moss for a would be toucdown with a high throw today. He hits him for that score, no one is talking about Moss not being used enough. Last game, it was the dropped passes that slowed down the passing game. Chillax ppl. It's ONE lost. We didn't bring it today.....**** happens. We're not going just heave the ball downfield just to appease fans. The Vikes played very little man coverage on the back-end and gave safety help a few times to Moss on his side of the field to avoid the deep ball. Alex is doing what he always does....taking what's there and not force things into coverage
I disagree about hitting our stride until after the Giants game last season. By that time we had already won six straight games. And I also disagree about taking shots down the field. Honestly I find that to be a terrible excuse. There are four quarters and you can't throw the ball down field once? It's not to make fans happy, it's to show that you have new weapons and you're going to use them. It's like if a man is thirsty and there is a glass of cold water in front of him, but he won't drink it. Doesn't make sense. And it's not like Alex can't make the throws either. It's been three games and Moss still hasn't been used to stretch the field. No shots to him deep. Not one. Why? Especially when it's the 4th quarter and you need two scores to win and there is barely any time left. And now it looks like he already might be getting disgruntled according to reports. Some of this has to do with Smith as well though. This was a problem last season as he didn't recognize when someone was open deep and simply checked it down to a receiver sometimes. He needs to start looking down the field and take more chances to help us win ball games. The protection wasn't great today, but it wasn't horrible.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 04:52 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Top team? Not if we lose to the Jets...
Yes, top team. What short memories some of us have around here. All it takes is 1 week for people to go from "we totally rule dudez!" to "the sky is falling, help!" around here. I expect this team to bounce back nicely and beat the Jets next week. This one game against the Vikings isn't enough for me to jump ship on the rest of the season. It's one game.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I disagree about hitting our stride until after the Giants game last season. By that time we had already won six straight games. And I also disagree about taking shots down the field. Honestly I find that to be a terrible excuse. There are four quarters and you can't throw the ball down field once? It's not to make fans happy, it's to show that you have new weapons and you're going to use them. It's like if a man is thirsty and there is a glass of cold water in front of him, but he won't drink it. Doesn't make sense. And it's not like Alex can't make the throws either. It's been three games and Moss still hasn't been used to stretch the field. No shots to him deep. Not one. Why? Especially when it's the 4th quarter and you need two scores to win and there is barely any time left. And now it looks like he already might be getting disgruntled according to reports. Some of this has to do with Smith as well though. This was a problem last season as he didn't recognize when someone was open deep and simply checked it down to a receiver sometimes. He needs to start looking down the field and take more chances to help us win ball games. The protection wasn't great today, but it wasn't horrible.
So you don't understand that coverage dictates where the ball is going in most instances? Like the Vikes are going to allow us to beat them deep because all of a sudden we need two scores? That makes no sense what so ever. Just like we made up our minds that Megatron wasn't going to beat us deep, teams have not allowed Moss to beat them. Or maybe you didn't see the Lions CB's giving Moss damn near a 15 yard cushion. Moss plays a role....for now. Not going deep is not why we lost Sunday. It has no bearing really of the outcome of any game. And when has Moss become disgruntled? Because he doesn't want to answer media questions about his role? Newsflash, why do you think he didn't speak to media not once during the entire off-season? Because Moss knows the media will be hanging on his every word, waiting to find something to say to use against.him. The only reason he's even speaking to the media now is because he's obligated by the league to do so each week and after every game. I don't believe Moss is unhappy because I think Harbaalke told him from jump, exactly what his role will be and excatly what to expect in terms of snaps and playing time. He doesn't want to answer any questions he thinks is geared towards him coming across as unhappy. Nothing wrong with that. And Moss has been used to stretch the field repeatedly. Alex threw ball into triple coverage.....yes TRIPLE coverage during the Packers game I believe to a streaking Moss. Moss went deep another time, which opened up a huge cushion underneath his route for VD to come open in the Lions game also for a big gain. Just because passes aren't being completed to Moss in these instances doesn't mean he isnt impacting the game in our favor. So yes, we are using him. If we sent him deep and the opposing team shifts their coverage to account for Moss, and in turn, Alex goes to a wide open look elsewhere on the field, how is that not using him?

And I stand by the my statement, we didn't hit our stride until the Giants game last year. Sure we had won 6 games but the offense had struggled through all those games. The defense hadn't held a good offense in check until that game(Philly and Dallas raped us, offensively). It's not about what our record was it's how we won that gave the team confidence going forward. Alex outgunned Eli and made plays in the passing game, something that hadn't happened until that point. The defense played on another level after that game. The G-Men were a hot team going into that game as well. It propelled us into the kind of play we saw in the playoffs I think. I prefer for us to be hitting our stride later on in the season than in week 3. We're on track IMO, for better play offensively down the road.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-24-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Yes, top team. What short memories some of us have around here. All it takes is 1 week for people to go from "we totally rule dudez!" to "the sky is falling, help!" around here. I expect this team to bounce back nicely and beat the Jets next week. This one game against the Vikings isn't enough for me to jump ship on the rest of the season. It's one game.
I'm expecting the 49ers to beat the Jets too but then again, I was also expecting them to blow out the Vikings and look at how that turned out. If 49ers lose to the Jets without Revis who is gone for the year, I think that the team is done and Moss will explode especially since he's barely been used.

People may not want to compare Moss to Owens but two things that they both have in common are 1) if the team starts losing, they will cause problems and 2) if they arent getting the ball and being used in games, they will cause problems. Right now, it looks like it could be both if we lose to the Jets. Losing to the Vikings is unacceptable.

And we need offense. Our offense still sucks. Its pathetic. The play calling isnt any better either. I have to agree with Ness.....im sick and tired of having no offense and not being able to score TD's. Harbaugh and Roman's playcalling has been average at best and relies too much on these stupid jumbo packages which dont work majority of the time. What happened to the slants, the WCO these guys are supposed to be running. They look like Singletary out there playing power ball. Its sad and pathetic. The worse part is that Smith doesnt air it out or take shots downfield. I dont know if its him, the coaches or a combination but they need to fix this crap and fast because if they dont, we'll end up having a top ten draft pick yet again.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

As for WR Percy Harvin, he's a UFA in 2014. Personally, regardless of how this season goes, I dump Moss and Manningham. Let Walker leave as an UFA and go all out for Wallace if he doesnt re-sign with PIT or get franchised. He's a playmaker at WR which is something we STILL dont have. And yeah, I would pay him $10m a year because its better to pay him that than pay Moss $2.5m or whatever the hell he's making just to be used as a damn decoy taking up an active roster spot.

Wallace, Crabtree (who'll also be an UFA in 2014), Williams in the slot along with Jenkins and Ginn as the kick/punt returner. As for replacing Walker, I still think that it was a mistake not drafting Fleener. Him and Davis could have been a Gronkowski/Hernandez combo out there. If he hits UFA this coming March, I go after TE Dustin Keller to replace Walker. But thats just me.

Either way, I go after Wallace 100% if he's available.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Either way, I go after Wallace 100% if he's available.
Well tell us something we don't know Dan.

And I don't understand how us losing one game in September means our season is "done". That's the biggest over-reaction I've heard in quite some time.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 loss people 1 loss, lets try & keep things in perspective

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 09-24-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fact is, we need Shaun Hill. He can hit deep throws late in games. Get rid of Alex.

/realistic? perspective :)
Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Well tell us something we don't know Dan.

And I don't understand how us losing one game in September means our season is "done". That's the biggest over-reaction I've heard in quite some time.
:) :p

I said losing to the Jets we would be done because im sorry, if we lose to the Jets without Revis and have the same type of performance as yesterday against two average at best teams when we're supposed to be one of the best teams in the league, then yeah, I think that we're done and last year was a fluke.

Despite the additions of Moss, Manningham, Jenkins and James, our offense is still the same crap. Its pathetic and everyone here knows that if we fall behind in a game (like yesterday), we're not winning because we dont have the offense to catch up.

But I wont say another word until after the Jets game. If we lose, prepare to read about me bitching.
Closed Thread