Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-23-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I thought I switched Harvin and Jackson at the last second, and didn't see I had to enter the password to make it official and it looks like it will cost me my game dropping to 2-1 :/. Both my teams will have 2-1 record's so overall I'm happy with my teams

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im up 5. He has torry smith and i have webb (cb ravens). Torry smith scores to make me down 1. Webb INTERCEPTS THE BALL AND I GO CRAZY CAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE ME UP 1!! Webb holds wes welker so the int was called off and i lose... Yay 0-3..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just traded Martellus Bennett for Mikel LeShoure. I still have Vernon Davis and Dennis Pitta
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up by 30, still up against Marshawn Lynch, Packers D, and Mason Crosby. Might actually end up losing this one.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get rid of Cutler... Dalton and Schaub are there.

I think I might take a flier on Dalton.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a RB bad and no one is willing to trade one. Here are the RBs on the waiver wire:

Tashard Choice
Daniel Thomas
Bilal Powell

Bleh.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Choice should be slated to get more PT that FJax is hurt and depending on Spiller's diagnosis he could be the starter.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Thank God I didn't listen to you heathens and bench Jamaal Charles.
lmao . . . I was worried about you yesterday.

Ok, so here's this week's rant on how terrible the player notes section is at CBS. Copied & Pasted directly from there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by some incompetent ass at CBS
Rob Gronkowski, TE, NE
News: With fellow tight end Aaron Hernandez out with an ankle injury, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski’s role in the offense was only expected to grow, beginning in Week 3 against the Ravens. Unfortunately, if Sunday is any indication, Gronkowski is going to find it difficult to make an impact without Hernandez drawing defense’s attention, as the Ravens limited him to just two catches on 21 yards in a 31-30 loss. Gronkowski was targeted just three times in the game, as he finished third on the team in yards and targets. He was held out of the end zone for the first time this season.

Analysis: This was a very disappointing result for Gronkowski, as he has not been held below 25 yards in a game since Week 13 of the 2010 season. Hernandez took targets from Gronkowski, but he also seems to have opened up a lot of room for him to work in the middle of the field, so the Patriots will have to find a way to get him going. Gronkowski will try to get going in Week 4, when the Patriots get set to take on Buffalo, a team he feasted on last season. Gronkowski posted 15 catches for 217 yards and four touchdowns in four games against the Bills in 2011, so Fantasy owners have to continue to consider him a must-start option.
Honestly, the author of this nonsense cannot possibly have watched last night's game. This is 100% "look at the stat line and generate notes based on that."

Gronk was blocking all night long. I even commented last night during the game in the team forum that a gameplan which removed NE's best offensive weapon from the game was just dumb. I didn't count, but I'd bet Gronk was in pass routes on only a dozen plays.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so do I do:

Giving up Gronk and Sproles and Cutler

for Brees and D. Thomas?

Cutler's been garbage, and I'd have

Brees
Rice
LeShoure
Harvin
D. Thomas
Decker
Graham
Flex: Doug Martin

thoughts? Cutler's just killing me and with Martin, Sproles, Brown and Leshoure, I've got a handful of starting RB's and need to upgrade at WR and QB
Quote:
ugh was offered Mike Wallace for Sproles. Will Schaub keep this up? I just don't trust him with the ground game usually getting all the TD's and Matty Ice is slinging it all over if I can do that other deal

edit: and it's now Marshall and Torrey Smith for Sproles and DHB.

ugh, I'm conflicted
Schaub is a weak start most weeks. That team is all Foster and, when it's not Foster, it's all Tate.

That first deal is solid if there's a decent replacement TE on your roster or wire. Otherwise, you simply shift the hole in your lineup from WR to TE. Still, it does a great job filling the hole that is Cutler, so it's still a nice deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think it was Docta, not sure though. Either way, good thing I stuck to my guns.
I wasn't giving ringing endorsement of Charles, either.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i'm torn, I've got an offer of I give Sproles and Dammit Donald Brown for Matty Ice and Britt. If Britt regains form, I'm stacked.

Also got Fitzgerald for Sproles and DHB

I need to deal sproles for an upgrade somewhere, then fill in Martin/Leshoure as time goes on. Thoughts? I need to pull the trigger soon, and I agree, Schaub's a weak play most weeks because he won't get the TD's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I wouldn't go crazy over Choice on waivers. The Bills play NE then SF and after those two horrific matchups we should see Fred back and possibly Spiller, too. Choice should be added, but not at the expense of good players. He'll have a very short shelf life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Chris Johnson for Larry Fitzgerald and Mikel Leshoure

Love when a trade works out that well for you.
CJ with another effort to forget. The other guy in this deal must hate himself right now. Put 'em on suicide watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Just traded Martellus Bennett for Mikel LeShoure. I still have Vernon Davis and Dennis Pitta
Nice move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I need to get rid of Cutler... Dalton and Schaub are there.

I think I might take a flier on Dalton.
Stop worrying about Schaub. He'll be on the wire still Wednesay morning if you want him back. Add Dalton and let him tear **** up in any game not against top-notch competition.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
well i'm torn, I've got an offer of I give Sproles and Dammit Donald Brown for Matty Ice and Britt. If Britt regains form, I'm stacked.

Also got Fitzgerald for Sproles and DHB

I need to deal sproles for an upgrade somewhere, then fill in Martin/Leshoure as time goes on. Thoughts? I need to pull the trigger soon, and I agree, Schaub's a weak play most weeks because he won't get the TD's
DHB being carted off doesn't bode well. Palmer seems to be doing a decent job spreading the ball around, too. I'd take Fitz for Sproles and DHB. Though I like that Brees deal better - especially since I paid a little more attention and saw you have Graham. ;)

Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I trade Matt Stafford for Matt Ryan straight up in my big money keeper league?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Should I trade Matt Stafford for Matt Ryan straight up in my big money keeper league?
Yes. Immediately. Stafford is looking terrible.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
DHB being carted off doesn't bode well. Palmer seems to be doing a decent job spreading the ball around, too. I'd take Fitz for Sproles and DHB. Though I like that Brees deal better - especially since I paid a little more attention and saw you have Graham. ;)
yeah, but giving up Gronk AND Sproles is tough to do in a deal. Plus, I'd just have Denver's WR's and Brees-Graham which is a little too reliant on 2 offenses, you know?

And if I do the Fitz deal, I start Schaub. I'm just iffy on Kolb
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Stop worrying about Schaub. He'll be on the wire still Wednesay morning if you want him back. Add Dalton and let him tear **** up in any game not against top-notch competition.
I am not worrying about Schaub... I am worrying about Cutler...

Schaub, Dalton, Ponder, Locker and Cassel are the top QBs left. I just cannot continue to have Cutler get me under 15 points.

I scored 129 points this week good for second place and if started anyone on that list but Cassel I would have had top score and won but now I am sitting 0-3 and I need to dig my ass out of this hole and the Cutler is a glaring hole on my team right now.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah, but giving up Gronk AND Sproles is tough to do in a deal. Plus, I'd just have Denver's WR's and Brees-Graham which is a little too reliant on 2 offenses, you know?

And if I do the Fitz deal, I start Schaub. I'm just iffy on Kolb
True. But I don't worry too much about that if the players are solid and relatively matchup proof. I beleive that's the case for all of these guys. I have a team with Brees/Graham and Peterson/Harvin and I'm fine rolling with it. Then again, that's a pretty huge downgrade at QB for you. It still has the effect of moving the hole in your starting lineup to another spot.

So . . . now that I write that last line . . . yeah, stay away from that. You're better off with a straight Sproles for Fitz type deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am not worrying about Schaub... I am worrying about Cutler...

Schaub, Dalton, Ponder, Locker and Cassel are the top QBs left. I just cannot continue to have Cutler get me under 15 points.

I scored 129 points this week good for second place and if started anyone on that list but Cassel I would have had top score and won but now I am sitting 0-3 and I need to dig my ass out of this hole and the Cutler is a glaring hole on my team right now.
I hear you. I guess the Colts D is just that bad. Either way, I like a QBBC with any of combo of Dalton, Ponder, Locker and Cutler. Ponder has DET / TEN / WAS over the next few weeks, which is nice.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. Immediately. Stafford is looking terrible.
But he's just got so much upside in comparison to Matt Ryan...plus Calvin...Plus, plus...Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
But he's just got so much upside in comparison to Matt Ryan...plus Calvin...Plus, plus...Ugh.
The gap is definitely gone. Ryan is throwing the ball and that offense is absolutely not a run first team anymore. Ryan has 107 attempts vs Stafford's 122 through 3 weeks and the Lions have been playing from behind. Not to mention the injury concerns that come with owning Stafford. You'll have to free up a roster spot for Hill b/c Stafford is hurt again already.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You shouldn't even be thinking about that. Absolutely yes.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

so we're in consensus that sproles for fitz is better than sproles and brown for Matty Ice and Britt? those are the 2 i'm considering now
Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
so we're in consensus that sproles for fitz is better than sproles and brown for Matty Ice and Britt? those are the 2 i'm considering now
Brown is uninspiring and did little in what was supposed to be a great matchup vs. the Jags. It's certainly the more risky play, but getting Ryan and Britt does a whole lot more for your roster if Locker and Britt can get rolling.

IE: No, I don't think we're in consensus. lol

Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Brown is uninspiring and did little in what was supposed to be a great matchup vs. the Jags. It's certainly the more risky play, but getting Ryan and Britt does a whole lot more for your roster if Locker and Britt can get rolling.

IE: No, I don't think we're in consensus. lol
**** that, nevermind then. I think Britt's gonna be a big part of the team, led the team in targets, and it's sexy to root for him and Matty Ice puts up big numbers and I trust him more than Schaub
Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I scored the most points in the league and I pretty much got no production from Matt Bryant, Brandon Lafell or Coby Fleener. Thank you Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green and the cardinals defense. Hell good thing they blew up, makes sitting Torrey Smith and Mikel Leshoure easier to take.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
**** that, nevermind then. I think Britt's gonna be a big part of the team, led the team in targets, and it's sexy to root for him and Matty Ice puts up big numbers and I trust him more than Schaub
Hahaa . . . I didn't even make the homer connection. Yeah, that makes for an easy choice. Fitz for Sproles is nice, but the other deal is essentially Britt + Ryan for Sproles. Brown clearly defined himself as a reserve player. He's only starting due to injury or bye week.

It's a great deal on both sides. The other guy is likely giving up 2 bench players for an excellent RB. You're getting a stud QB plus all the upside/potential in the deal.