Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the game too much to not watch the best in the world if they're playing. I also live in a hockey-crazed NHL city, so that undeniably helps towards following the show. But the AHL is awesome.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a player signs with a Sweden team, does that mean they're there for the whole year or does that just mean that they go over there to stay and shape pretty much?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Swedish Elite League is not accepting contracts for less than the whole year. That's why most players going to Sweden are playing in a lower division so they can play for a period that is more brief, should the lockout be resolved.

I don't think there have been many NHL regulars committing to any European team for the entire season.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I like the game too much to not watch the best in the world if they're playing. I also live in a hockey-crazed NHL city, so that undeniably helps towards following the show. But the AHL is awesome.
I wish Ottawa would move their farm team close but at least we have the CHL here. It's nice to check out a lot of top prospects coming through and even some Sens spects if we're lucky like Prince the last few years, and now Ceci. Not to mention Monahan's a stud and will be going top 5 next year(hopefully to Ottawa when they luck out in the lottery all thanks to the lockout). I don't cheer for the 67's or any team for that matter but I love watching OHL/CHL for those reasons. They'll be playing in the big rink this year too while construction gets done on theirs which is just a bonus. Season starts Thursday and I'm goign to try to make it out for the opener.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
The Swedish Elite League is not accepting contracts for less than the whole year. That's why most players going to Sweden are playing in a lower division so they can play for a period that is more brief, should the lockout be resolved.

I don't think there have been many NHL regulars committing to any European team for the entire season.
Ah, ok thanks man. So I got nothing to worried about with Berglund and Oshie going to Sweden.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I wish Ottawa would move their farm team close but at least we have the CHL here. It's nice to check out a lot of top prospects coming through and even some Sens spects if we're lucky like Prince the last few years, and now Ceci. Not to mention Monahan's a stud and will be going top 5 next year(hopefully to Ottawa when they luck out in the lottery all thanks to the lockout). I don't cheer for the 67's or any team for that matter but I love watching OHL/CHL for those reasons. They'll be playing in the big rink this year too while construction gets done on theirs which is just a bonus. Season starts Thursday and I'm goign to try to make it out for the opener.
All of the best CHL teams are based in Northwestern Pennsylvania.

McDavid in Erie and Jones in Portland? All the best CHL is in America, these days!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eerie can't be any worse than last year :/

Portland has been awesome for a while now. Not really fair that they picked up Jones haha. I can't believe they haven't made a Mem Cup in the past few seasons. Edmonton will be tough to beat again though. Might have to make a trip across to Gatineau if Mackinnon comes to town as well. Another reason why Ottawa's great for junior hockey.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ovechkin threatening to stay in Russia after this season. Interesting.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My affiliation is going to CSKA Moscow and the Saginaw Spirit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the ohl really just implemented a 10 fight rule per season? jesus christ. **** off david branch. if i had a gun and three bullets and i had osama bin laden, saddam, and david branch in front of me, i would shoot david branch three times.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Eerie can't be any worse than last year :/
Being from Erie I hope this is true, I haven't followed them since I went to grad school 2 years ago what are their prospects looking like.

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do these overseas contracts have an out once an agreement is reached like a lot of the NBA contracts did?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

preseason games up until sept 30th were officially cancelled. that means no frozen fury, that means i can't go to vegas and watch my kings beat njxs avs all while being super drunk.

now im pissed.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
Being from Erie I hope this is true, I haven't followed them since I went to grad school 2 years ago what are their prospects looking like.
McGee mentioned McDavid who is a stud and will probably e going 1st overall in 3 years. Connor brown just got named captain and he was a lone bright spot last season. They picked up Swedish goalie Oscar Dansk this summer as well who went to Columbus in the 2nd round this year who is also a stud. There's no doubt they'll be better this season and I'd try and catch some games over the next few years if only to see McDavid.

Pelech, Fox and Harper are all solid too.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 09-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i hate you so much.
i complete you.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You both suck.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh... come on guys.. was hoping for a little positive news by now. Everything seems to be headed in the opposite direction, though.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Russians doing Russian things:

I need the AHL to be here, at the very least.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

All American Prospects Game tomorrow! Wooo hockey at the arena! I have 5 years on all these kids!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This lockout is killing me. I feel like the Wild have something special brewing. Obviously, the additions of Parise and Suter are great, but this is the best I have seen a Minnesota team put together young talent (on paper) so far. Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Dumba, Larsson, Hackett, Zucker, Bulmer, and Phillips all have legitimate NHL futures with the top 4 on that list being top, top prospects.

Sorry, just have to vent/pimp.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be interested to see how the draft is handled if there's no season. Another lottery probably. Obvious top talents in this next draft, too.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'll be interested to see how the draft is handled if there's no season. Another lottery probably. Obvious top talents in this next draft, too.
"With the No. 1 pick, Pittsburgh selects ..."

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

ps: Granlund had 4 goals 1 assist in his AHL debut last night.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AHL season starts this friday! i'm considering buying the season team pass for $149.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I know all AHL teams are probably looking better than they should, but my goodness, Rochester looks filthy.