Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default beason or timmons

since the steelers r interested in both of them really well, which one of these two would you rather have

id rather have timmons because of his potential and because he can also rush the passer and has played in the 3-4
Old 04-15-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me I'll go with Timmons...especially if they stay with the 3-4. I'm really a big fan of Beason i like Posluszny better

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmons can play in a 3-4 or a cover 2, so he may be a good pick for you all.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
JayA55
Rookie

JayA55 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

His experience scares me but if I had to pick between those two I would say Timmons.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmons = the next Gregg Lloyd, so Timmons

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if only he was taller then id love him
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not a fan of either one. Both are too small. How many great LB's in the league are smaller than 6-2/240?
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg View Post
not a fan of either one. Both are too small. How many great LB's in the league are smaller than 6-2/240?
Zach Thomas......London Flectcher!!?

There has to be more i'm just to lazy

Mike Tirico

Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joathan Villiam - Beason comparison

d. edwards
Tedy Bruschi
Al Wilson
Zach Thomas 5-11 230
Ray Lewis
Derrick Brooks

these are just a few they are the ones u think of first, when ur like name great LBs, they are all great players look at Thomas mans a beast even at 5-11
Its not the size its taht they just play great They know what they are doing. the game type wont lie,

I would pick Timmons
Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

I would take a package of Posluszny/Shaw over Timmons/Beason. In 2005 I thought AJ Hawk was the best lb in the country until the OSU/PSU game wher Poz totally outclassed Hawk. He was the top lb that year and would have been in 2006 except he was coming off a terrible injury and changing positions. He looked like crap for a few games but got better and better as the year went on. He is going to be a surething nfl backer and I hope it is for us and not, worst-case scenario, New England. I would be perfectly content to get him at 15 but will jump out of my skin if either of Timmons/Beason gets picked while Poz is sitting there.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I'm a Penn state fan and i have been a season ticket holder for the past two seasons. In general in ranking the line backers regardless of system I would rank them.

1.Pos
2.Timmons
3.Beason

However if we stay with 3-4.....with the 3-4 I think that Timmons is better then Pos.

Mike Tirico

Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

Ok, here is a new idea. Engage your brain before you type. LB's, like every other position are getting bigger and faster. Throwing out names of guys who have been in the league for 10=12 years has no bearing on today, or the next 10-12 years. Yes, there are always 1 or 2 undersized guys that make it. But not many. Edwards, Brooks, and Thomas, are all undersized for todays game. They are also liabilities against the run, and are in D's that protect them. Timmons and Beason are both 6-0 and around 235 lbs. Let's compare to other good lb's in the league.
Vilma 6-1/235
Ray Lewis 6-1/250
Scott 6-2/240
Haggans 6-3/255
Porter 6-2/245
Farrior 6-2/245
Merriman 6-4/270
Ware 6-4/260
Carpenter 6-2/255
Spikes 6-2/245
D. Jones 6-1/240
Washington 6-3/250
Biggs 6-1/240
Urlacher 6-4/260
Hawk 6-1/245
Barnett 6-2/235
This averages out to 6-2 1/4 and 248 pounds. Both guys are 2 inches to short, and 13 pounds to small. On top of that, we play in a northern city. Thus the run game is more important. Undersized LB's are going to get killed playing against strong running games.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i agree, though as far as popping goes it doesnt really matter your size... if you can hit you can hit

but still i dont really like either
Old 04-16-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

A lot of guys can hit. But can you fight through a block from a OLman? Can you drop into coverage? Can your body hold up to the pounding it is going to take? Can you blow up a good FB? These are the things that make a good LB. Yes, speed is part of it. But only 1 part. Carl Lewis has 0tackles in the NFL. You have to be able to stand your ground, fight off the blocker, then deliver the blow. I don't see Timmons or Beason doing those things very well.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmons seems like better fit for the 3-4, so I say it will depend on whether Tomlin wants a guy who can play as a 4-3 OLB (Beason more so) or a 4-3 DE (Moss) if he eventually goes to a Cover 2.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

why are people saying timmons is a better fit for the 3 - 4?

just curious, they seem like the same player practically, played the same pos in college, their measurments are almost the same, etc.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post

just curious, they seem like the same player practically, played the same pos in college, their measurments are almost the same, etc.
I think Timmons is more explosive as pass rusher

Mike Tirico

Old 04-16-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
JayA55
Rookie

JayA55 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Forget the height, the thing that concerns me with Timmons playing in a 3-4 is his weight. He's only 230 pounds, I want my 3-4 LB to be at least 240-245, 250 would be ideal. The thing I see from Timmons is that he does not beat blocks head on, but rather uses his speed to get around them. When being ran directly at in a 3-4 you need that size and strength to take a blocker head on and direct him out of your way in order for you to make a play on the ball. That's the only question mark I have. No doubt Timmons can be a great edge rusher, and that's the difference between he and Paul P. I don't see Pos as a true rusher. However with both Beason and Timmons, can they stop the run at the next level within a 3-4 relying on their speed?

If I had my pick give me Anthony Spencer, 6-3 260, 4.6 speed, and 500 pound bench press. He can get after the QB, he's big, powerful, can shed blocks, and plays well vs the run.

Last edited by JayA55 : 04-16-2007 at 03:26 PM.
JayA55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

blah neither of them. i think i would be somewhat dissappointed if timmons or beason were picked in the 1st round.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post

ya i think the situations they were made to play in is what people are going off of. beason in miami was a roamer and a coverage guy that helped with the run. cover two OLB. timmons was a pass rusher that tried to help stop the run. 3-4 OLB. and the reason i want neither of them, is beason is a cover two OLB, don't want to change to 4-3 cover 2 and timmons is a 3-4 OLB but he sucked against the run and we haven't allowed an 100yrd rusher in like what over 50 games now, or close to it.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beason would be a Vilma/Lewis like MLB.

Timmons would still be an OLB, but frankly, I'm tired of hearing the Greg Lloyd comparison. Lloyd was a rare athlete, but It's rare to have someone of his size and speed with the rare power he possessed. I don't think Timmons has his speed, power or will to succeed.

Frankly I still thinking we'll transition to a 43 and this might be a moot point.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote