Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Eddie George or Tiki Barber
Eddie George is Better, but both should be in the Hall of fame 14 17.07%
Eddie George is Better. Only George should be in Hall of Fame 29 35.37%
Tiki Barber is Better but both should be in the Hall 15 18.29%
Tiki is Better. Only Tiki should be in Hall of Fame 24 29.27%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
I don't think either are Pro Bowlers, but Tiki >Eddie
You mean Hall of Famers, not Pro Bowlers.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Most the posters on this board without arguement are 18 years old and even though George retired recently (2 or 3 years ago) they dont have a clue how he played outside of a stat sheet or highlight clips. George carried them to the playoffs alot of years in a row. He was a beast and noone liked to tackle him. 6'3 230 should not have the running back skills he had.

I easily take Eddie George, Tiki barely ever had his team in the playoffs.

But I also agree that neither should be in the Hall. If one goes it should be Eddie.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Not giving my opinion.

Who do you think is better of the two? and do you think either/none/both should be in the Hall of Fame?
Eddie George aint going into the Hall of Fame. Tiki maybe.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As running backs in their primes, I would take Eddie George over Tiki Barber.

Take Tiki Barber in his prime. Look at his stats for the years 2004, 2005, 2006. I'm not typing them. Take Eddie George's stats for his prime years 1998, 1999, 2000. I'm not typing them.

Eddie George was a BETTER RUNNING BACK for that teams style. Tiki was just a stat compiler like Dave Kreig/Drew Bledsoe. Eddie George got thrown under the bus.

If Eddie George started off his career as TERRRRIBLE as TIKI did instead of comming in getting 1300 yards, 340 carries a season he would have lasted longer and would have had a great top 10 running back type career.

He carried the Titans was their engine that could, then engine they road to the Super Bowl.

Tiki was good for a stretch of 5 years. Eddie George was a FORCE for 7. Eddie didnt score much..but score much more often that Tiki. Tiki was a great out of the backfield receiver Eddie was more than adequate.

I really think as someone said that style of offense needs to be determined before chosing.

But I like Eddie's style, leadership, thunderous style more than Tiki's somethin style.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

This is a joke right?

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please change Poz's name in your sig...I've learned to stop laughing at your threads, but Poslunsky gets me every time...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Tiki Barber is way better. Eddie George only averaged like 3.5 ypc for his career. Sure he could yet 100 yards in a game, but it would take him like 30 carries. He really went downhill in his ypc average after having over 400 attempts in 2000.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
Tiki Barber is way better. Eddie George only averaged like 3.5 ypc for his career. Sure he could yet 100 yards in a game, but it would take him like 30 carries. He really went downhill in his ypc average after having over 400 attempts in 2000.
You know how hard it is to be able to carry the ball 30 times in a game week after week? That's durability that rarely comes around.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
You know how hard it is to be able to carry the ball 30 times in a game week after week? That's durability that rarely comes around.
Yeah, but by the time he was 28, he was washed up. And as history indicates, guys have over 400 carries in a season severely decline. So don't be surprised if and when Larry Johnson starts to go downhill severely fast. He was already 24 when he got to the NFL.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MP123 it will be 99 years if the cubs don't win it this year

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-17-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Both had good seasons. I'm taking Tiki Barber.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie was better. Tiki was awesome those last 3 or 4 years though. Neither should be in the hall. What's my reasoning? Go loo at the list of all the hall of fame RBs so far and you'll agree.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think tiki has a better shot at the hall just because of the way each ended their careers. George faded at the end of his career, while tiki had his best years at the end of his.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Not sure what George brings to the table that Tiki doesn't. I mean, George did not have one season with over 4 YPC.....and he is in a hall of fame discussion?

Tiki can be debated and as of right now I don't think he should be in, but he was a much better back than George.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Tiki isnt a winner. He never got the Giants anywhere and didnt really imerge as a RB until the end of his career.

Neither make the Hall of Fame. Its not baseball where everyone to ever make an all-star game seems to get in eventually.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Tiki isnt a winner. He never got the Giants anywhere and didnt really imerge as a RB until the end of his career.

Neither make the Hall of Fame. Its not baseball where everyone to ever make an all-star game seems to get in eventually.
Um, the hardest HOF to get into is the baseball HOF, what are you talkin about?

Tiki carried us to the playoffs in Eli's 2nd year.

And he was our offense the year we went to the SB in 2000. He's done his part, he's definately a winner.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when do we argue about the overall quality of borderline HOF players? How is this really relevant to anything? These guys aren't the same type of back, so comparisons in terms of yards per touch and such are skewed. The whole topic makes little sense to me.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Since when do we argue about the overall quality of borderline HOF players? How is this really relevant to anything? These guys aren't the same type of back, so comparisons in terms of yards per touch and such are skewed. The whole topic makes little sense to me.
GRF said it matters, so it matters!

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-17-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 04-17-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
GRF said it matters, so it matters!
Who's better: Cade McNown or Tim Couch?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-17-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

none, they both were/are overrated
Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That was a joke, PACK. Unfortunately, the debate between McNown and Couch is as relevant as the Eddie George/Tiki discussion.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

tiki barber
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
MP123 it will be 99 years if the cubs don't win it this year
Yeah, they won it last in 1908. The reason I say 100 is because if they don't win this year, it will be 99. Then, the earliest they can win is 2008. If and when they win in 08, it will be 100 years since the last time I won. So that's why I say that.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

eddie george is way better. the first eight years of Teek slice's career were terrible and he had like 15-20 fumbles a year. eddi was solid for a career and was really the titans only weapon for most of his career.