Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Munchak is holding out hope he'll play this weekend. So take that for whatever it's worth.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'll be at the monday night game tomorrow night. A friend of mine called, he scored two seats in the Centurylink Box.
You may have ended up seeing a crazier game than I did. Eh?
Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I left a voicemail for Roger Goodell:

http://tindeck.com/listen/cqvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I left a voicemail for Roger Goodell:

http://tindeck.com/listen/cqvk
Hey wait a sec...do I sense sarcasm in that "Thank you"? -____-
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
You may have ended up seeing a crazier game than I did. Eh?
Seriously. First off i find out i wasn't in the CTL box, not surprising. At least got a nice buffet on my old company.

The game was quite the spectacle. There was a large number of Packers fans there and at least the ones i saw were all quite polite if not sober.

About half way through the 3rd quarter the officiating went down hill and fast. Overall i'd say Seattle got the benefit of the calls but there were a couple that went against them. The last play is obviously one of the most terrible calls ever but it all seems less tragic when you win.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully, they don't replace the refs until after this Sunday. We'll need their help against Houston.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO great point. I love it
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Kenny is out yet again. McCarthy probably again as well. Cook and Ringer both have practiced this week.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:18 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Looks like Kenny is out yet again. McCarthy probably again as well. Cook and Ringer both have practiced this week.
Looks like Kenny is out yet again. McCarthy probably again as well.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm looking at FA's for this upcoming offseason, and the Titans are sitting pretty. KFFL says the only 2013 FA's we have are K Rob Bironas, RG Leroy Harris, OG Deuce Lutui, DE Dave Ball, and WLB Will Witherspoon. Sportrac says Cookie, Reynaud, Marks, and Mouton are FA's as well.

I assume we'll tag Bironas. If the Titans let him get away, I will rain fire and brimstone from the heavens. Cookie, Reynaud, and Marks are important re-signs. I assume Lutui is good as gone too. I'd like Ball back, and I remain a massive fan of his, but he should retire due to all the concussions. I assume we'll let Spoon walk and let Zach Brown take over the WLB spot. I bet we could bring Harris back for super cheap, and have him backup Hutchinson and whoever we replace him with at RG. Let Mouton walk and let Coty Sensabaugh replace him at NB.

But there are a ton of other FA's who I'm super interested in. Chris Clemons, Osi Umenyiora, Dwight Freeney, and Michael Bennett are all FA DE's. I've always been a Quentin Jammer fan, and he's a FA. TJ Lang is a FA OG. And along with Osi, New York has SS Kenny Phillips and OG Kevin Boothe hitting the market as well.

I'm hoping for Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack in the draft. The Titans don't value OG. That much is apparent. So Jones or Warmack would have to be drafted as a Center, which hopefully is a position the Titans place a 1st RD value on. Hopefully, we can sign an OG like Boothe or Lang, but if not, have Jones/Warmack play RG for his rookie season so they can acclimate to the NFL while they master the Center position in practice, and then the next year, move them to C and move Amano to LG since Hutchinson will probably be Jake Scott'ing it. Hopefully the Titans will have signed a pass-rusher like Clemons, Osi, or Freeney, and if they don't sign a Kenny Phillips or Tyvon Branch, then it would leave the Titans able to draft a SS or RB in the 2nd RD.

THAT'S RIGHT I SAID RB! It'd be sweet to trade back into the 1st for a guy like Lattimore or Knile Davis. I love CJ, and while I love that he became historic with his 2,000 yard season and broke the YFS record, I think all those carries and all those catches really killed his body. He's not just struggling to hit the hole hard and sacrificing yards for the chance for a big play. The guy's just not as fast as he used to be. I don't think we should rely on him for 275-300 carries every season until his contract runs out. I think we need another starting caliber back who can split carries with him. I watched Trent Richardson play against Baltimore tonight, and I got super jealous. It's the fricken Ravens, and Richardson is dragging them up and down the field. CJ could never do that, especially now. I'm not asking for a Trent Richardson, but I want a guy who can run up the middle and break tackles so we can use CJ like he should be used: running outside the tackles and catching passes. His stats will suffer, but I think it'll help the team more at the expense of CJ.

But it doesn't matter who the RB is unless they fix the gorram OL and the coaches wise up with their rushing calls and formations.

Oh, and I have no clue what our OL scheme is anymore. If it's a power scheme, then it's no wonder CJ is struggling. He's a ZBS back all the way.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-28-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

I agree with all that stuff. It's a shame the guys in charge don't value OGs. I still want DeCastro.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you're not getting kenny and boothe. they're mine.

Why is Britt out? :(

and yes, I creep on your discussion thread, deal with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

He hurt his ankle in the game Sunday.

I'm a big proponent of drafting RBs in the late 1st or 2nd rd every 4-5 years and not paying them a 2nd contract and just let em walk. It's not a huge investment, you don't have to pay them much anymore, and you keep fresh young legs at the position.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Oh and if we let Cookie walk to another team after this year, I'm going to be furious.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
TJ Lang is a FA OG. And along with Osi, New York has SS Kenny Phillips and OG Kevin Boothe hitting the market as well.
Lang signed a 4 year deal this offseason. I guess Boothe is worth checking out. I don't think I want Harris back even super cheap.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the talk of interior linemen in the draft but where the team is likely to draft that is probably too high. Barring a trade down the best value is probably going to be on defense.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Like the talk of interior linemen in the draft but where the team is likely to draft that is probably too high. Barring a trade down the best value is probably going to be on defense.
Well I have good news! Our D sucks! Ok, the news wasn't so good after all.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants gave Osi a new deal and isn't Jammer near the end of his career? his draft class was one of the 1st ones I watched.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
He hurt his ankle in the game Sunday.

I'm a big proponent of drafting RBs in the late 1st or 2nd rd every 4-5 years and not paying them a 2nd contract and just let em walk. It's not a huge investment, you don't have to pay them much anymore, and you keep fresh young legs at the position.
Agreed. CJ took his money and ran. Or rather, he took his money couldn't run anymore.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

An intriguing option in FA could be to sign a Branden Albert-type of OT and kick them inside to guard if their skill-set could translate.

A runningback I just really love is Stepfan Taylor of Stanford, btw. I've been a fan of his for a couple of years. Not fast or necessarily powerful, but that dude is just a runningback that gets it done.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Pesky FA sites! Always so unreliable!

And Albert at LG would be awesome. He came out of college as an OG, but he was so good he got projected to LT and eventually became a good one. But I gotta think the Chiefs re-sign him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
The Giants gave Osi a new deal and isn't Jammer near the end of his career? his draft class was one of the 1st ones I watched.
I believe the Giants restructured Osi's contract, as opposed to an extension or a new contract. Kinda like what we did for CJ when we just bumped the salary on the remainder of his contract. But I read that there could be a clause that allows an additional year for 2013, but it can be voided by the Giants as it's mostly a salary cap friendly fixture if they need to spread his cap hit over two seasons.

Jammer would be a NB for us, and I think he could also play FS a la Woodson and Clements.

If Scotty gets Phillips and Boothe, then we deserve a shot at Osi! Dwight Freeney or Chris Clemons would be super, too!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys can have Osi! I'd like to be able to root for him still. Used to be my favorite, still one helluva pass rusher. Can't stop the run for ****, but yeah, this'll be his last season as a giant. He restructured, but he's not staying past this year, it's almost guaranteed. Take him, we need kenny and big ass boothe.

love y'all.

i just said y'all. Not sure how i feel about it, so yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Is it wrong that I am consciously deciding to start Schaub against our defense tomorrow in fantasy over Stafford? Is my fan card revoked?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Is it wrong that I am consciously deciding to start Schaub against our defense tomorrow in fantasy over Stafford? Is my fan card revoked?
No you can keep the fan card, but you can't drink our koolaid any more. Not that our koolaid is tasty right now anyway.