Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's still hard to tell how good a passer Manuel is, he rarely challenges a defense and it seems a large percentage of his throws are to stationary targets.

On crossing routes, seam throws or deep outs, from what I've seen Manuel just isn't willing to take those chances.
Just looks like a guy IMO who's playing not to lose, which may have more to do with the talent on FSU and the opponent they were facing tonight.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 09-22-2012 at 11:13 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk, I still dont like Manuel as a passer. His release is VERY robotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like either at all.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say last night was the most impressed i've been with Manuel. I thought he hung in there and didn't lose any composure when the team was struggling a little.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like everything about EJ Manuel except for his ability to pass the ball.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd have to say last night was the most impressed i've been with Manuel. I thought he hung in there and didn't lose any composure when the team was struggling a little.
I'm reserving my judgement here. He played a Clemson team that really isn't good. He didn't do what mr Geno Smith did to them and that was absolutely TORCH THEM constantly through the air.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When will everyone admit Landry Jones sucks?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
When will everyone admit Landry Jones sucks?
Pretty sure this is the time. Still has the physical tools to end up in the top 100, but sinking fast. Hopefully he doesn't end up getting the Jerrod Johnson treatment.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea if either will be good in the NFL, but I find it funny that people are so quick to write them off. Just like people did with so many other talented QBs in recent years who are doing well in recent years.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'm reserving my judgement here. He played a Clemson team that really isn't good. He didn't do what mr Geno Smith did to them and that was absolutely TORCH THEM constantly through the air.
How many of Geno's passing yards were on the shuffle pass (really a jet sweep)?
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
How many of Geno's passing yards were on the shuffle pass (really a jet sweep)?
we run it like 3-4x a game

hes avg like 30 completions a game

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
we run it like 3-4x a game

hes avg like 30 completions a game
Against Clemson? I honestly don't remember, but I vaguely recall a bunch of it coming on the jet sweep passes.
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When in doubt, always choose the guy who ISNT Landry Jones.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
Against Clemson? I honestly don't remember, but I vaguely recall a bunch of it coming on the jet sweep passes.
clemson i think 5x; they just had no idea how to stop it

we run it on avg 3-4x a game

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the real conversation here should be how terrible the Clemson defense is.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to be talking about Manuel on the podcast tonight, be sure to tune in!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
DanDanE420
Rookie

DanDanE420 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Landry Jones is Matt Cassell.
DanDanE420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EJ Manuel is not good - very inconsistent. Jones at least shows some consistency. Manuel looks like he floats the ball too.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too raw for my blood.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stick with my original answer, neither.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Jones may have finally got into a groove. He has looked a lot better and consistent since the Kansas St loss.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I noticed that Jones has been putting up pretty box scores this year. I'd be interested to hear from Scott about how he's playing. Could he potentially re-enter the #1 overall pick discussion?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I don't think Jones is going to warrant an early first round pick - he is a later 1st/2nd round guy. Early in the season after the KSU game people went into full bash mode on him though when he really isn't that terrible of a prospect.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone who commented on Manuel throwing to stationary targets is spot on, he just doesn't have the rhythm passing ability or accuracy to really hit a guy in stride. He just floats everything forcing guys to stop their route.

In the Miami game he left numerous WRs out to dry, and narrowly missed a wide open Chris Thompson on a short pass (where he eventually got hurt on). He had one throw in the game where he fired it in the middle, and I said to myself "Thats the first time he's thrown a ball like that."

He's got a ton of talent, but is just so frustrating sometimes. I'm beginning to think it might be more Jimbo's coaching style as he definitely micro manages the QB position.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Someone who commented on Manuel throwing to stationary targets is spot on, he just doesn't have the rhythm passing ability or accuracy to really hit a guy in stride. He just floats everything forcing guys to stop their route.

In the Miami game he left numerous WRs out to dry, and narrowly missed a wide open Chris Thompson on a short pass (where he eventually got hurt on). He had one throw in the game where he fired it in the middle, and I said to myself "Thats the first time he's thrown a ball like that."

He's got a ton of talent, but is just so frustrating sometimes. I'm beginning to think it might be more Jimbo's coaching style as he definitely micro manages the QB position.
He puts that pass on a rope and Thompson is gone for a TD and doesn't get hurt.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote