Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figure if I go in with low expectations I can't be disappointed. Looking for a bounce back game from Vick.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demeco Ryans on the Eagles: so sexy. Yet another nail-biting victory from this team. Same old story, we can't be so sloppy with the football. I don't care if Vick lobs that first interception out of the back of the end zone, just don't throw a pick when we're in field goal range.

Thoughts from the game (only got to see the last 8 minutes bc of tv zoning)

-Our LB's are covering so much more ground than last season. It's amazing how much faster (and effective) instinctive players are than 4.3-4.4 guys like Ernie Sims. Demeco looked great, he filled in against the run well from what I saw. I liked what I saw from Kendricks as well (although he should have had that int.).

-Boykin looked great, especially at the end. Sick ups and some very clutch pass breakups.

-Nnamdi has got to be more careful with his hands, he was getting way too grabby out there and those penalties are killer.

-Finally a balanced game! I'm so glad we didn't abandon the run and end up throwing the ball 40+ times. We've got to lean on Shady, he's just too talented to not get the ball in his hands.

-Speaking of Shady he's got to be more careful with the ball. He has always looked pretty reckless the way he carries the ball, but it never used to be an issue. He's fumbled twice already this season so it might be time for him to make some changes.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe how many yards Vick threw for, without throwing 60 passes.

Also Brown gets his first carry and fumbles. facepalm
Old 09-16-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bright spots:

1) Celek: what is there to say? absolute beast mode out there today
2) Demeco/Kendricks: it's been a long time since we've had two LBers of this quality
3) The defense: stood with the best of them today and didn't back down. nice to see Castillo having success.

Not So Bright Spots:
1) Bryce Brown/Shady: not that Shady played a bad game by any means but he can't be fumbling the ball every week. i don't expect it to be a problem but i would lie if i said it isn't a little concerning.
2) Vick: again i thought he had a great bounce back game and gutted it out till the end. can't throw that first int though. he's got to learn to give up on the play when it's not there and live to fight another day but it's the way he's always been with his legs and his arm.
3) Nnamdi: got beat a couple times by Jacoby Jones of all people. oncee on the TD and again when he took the penalty.

All in all we almost beat ourselves again and managed to squeak out a last minute win. Have to take care of the football going forward but what we've seen from our D so far has to be seen as very encouraging. They went toe to toe with one of the best defenses in the league today. Hopefully Kelce's knee is nothing more than a sprain because that would be a huge loss(Reynolds to his credit did a fine job filling in).
Old 09-16-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting note: former Texans had a huge impact on the game today.

Vonta Leach- rushing TD
Jacoby Jones- TD, almost a second TD
Bernard Pollard- Int, sack
Demeco Ryans- Int, sack
Old 09-16-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome to see Vick play well today, he was much better this week. A lot more composure and our line did a great job with a team that has always gotten after the passer. Desean showed some big time balls with that catch, that was sick to see.

I second what you guys are saying about Kendricks and Ryans, got isnt it nice to have some linebackers with a pulse out there? They fly to the ball, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Good and bad news on the Kelce front...

Torn MCL and partially torn ACL. The MCL will take 4-6 weeks to heal and the ACL could require season ending surgery to be repaired. They're still doing testing on the ACL to determine if he'll require surgery. After Vick and Mccoy Kelce was really the last guy we could afford to lose. Reynolds looked decent in the short stint filling in but I really hope Kelce doesn't need surgery.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks to own Vick in fantasy and yet try to cheer for you guys to lose. LOL. How you pulled that victory out yesterday was crazy. I thought you deserved to lose once again. Congrats.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We most definitely deserved to lose. 9 turnovers on the season and we are 2-0? It would be nice to see what we can do without turning the rock over.

Love what I'm seeing out of this defense this year.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It gives me a mega-sad that Kelce is most likely gone for the season. I've got to stop having "favorite Eagles", they always have their knees shredded up. So from now on my favorite Eagles are Tony Romo and Eli Manning...

First, I'm going to talk about our defense, the unit has been extremely impressing so far to this point. If they can build off of their current level of play the rest of the season, I have complete faith that this defense alone will keep us in every game. Nnamdi really still seems like he hasn't found his place in this defense yet, he seems to be the only one of our players who is visibly struggling, fortunately for us he has name recognition and has a few plays go in his favor (it happened with the old refs too people, get over it). Ryans and Kendricks makes me a happy happy man. Our defensive additions this offseason are going a long way to giving us a strong balanced front 7, and its something we have this season that we haven't had in a while, a stout run defense still able to put lots of pressure on the QB. And we haven't even had a game yet where our D-line really flexes their muscle.

The offense still needs to get into a rhythm, and most of that is on Vick. Part of Shady's fumbling issues I think can be traced back to Vick, when you are down in a hole early, it seems it is the tendencies of not only our playcallers, but our playmakers to try to do too much, and I think Shady may be trying to do too much at times and he loses focus on keeping a handle on the ball. Hopefully it doesn't become a reoccurring issue. We all know it, but we still haven't even seen anywhere close to what this offense can do at full strength.

These two games do bring one thing about that I am universally happy with, and it is now that we can have some level of trust in our offense in clutch situations. Game winning drives in the fourth quarter on two straight weeks... That is the type of thing that only boost confidence. It makes me feel a little more settled knowing that we at least have hope at the end of any game that our defense has kept close for us. I know in seasons past, especially last season, once we were down in the fourth quarter, I didn't have confidence in our offense to come back or our defense to maintain the lead. So far this season, it is just the opposite.

I touched on this earlier, but really hope we can see a game with offense, defense, and special teams near full capability. If this team could ever get into a string of games where they play anything close to a complete game, the results won't be close.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

This is a team has has potential through the roof. I really dont feel like there are many teams in the league that could turn the ball over 9 times in the first 2 games and be 2-0. Not that I am encouraging us to keep turning it over but the thought of our team without so many turnovers definitely gives me a chubby.

Really hope Maclin's injury doesnt continue to linger because hes showing signs when he's in that he wants to really step up this year. Losing Kelce really hurts us as well considering we are already a little bit thin on the line, any word on Dunlap? Im liking what I am seeing out of Jackson this year, seems like he gives a **** which is a good sign after last year, and McCoy is his typical self outside of the couple fumbles. Was really stoked to see Celek have the type of game that he had, always consistent.

Kendricks and Ryans make me hard, and I am with you on saying that Scrabble is still not living up to expectations. DRC and Boykin are both playing very well however, and I am happy with that. I had big expectations for Boykin coming into this season, I thought he was a 1st or 2nd round talent who we got in the 4th because of some injury concerns. He is a good player. Would like to see Cox make a little more of an impact in the middle of that line, but I do realize he is still young.

Looking forward to the rest of this season, that is for sure.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Maclin out for this week.

I'm hoping we work the ground game a lot this week. I also think this is the week we see the d-line explode. I haven't seen much of them this year but Zona's o-line was a mess in preseason.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Maclin out for this week.

I'm hoping we work the ground game a lot this week. I also think this is the week we see the d-line explode. I haven't seen much of them this year but Zona's o-line was a mess in preseason.
Losing Maclin will hurt the Eagles (and my fantasy team), but the rest of the offense has enough skill that I think we should be able to move the ball, DeSean so far this season has already shown he's taking on more of the load in terms of moving the chains, and not just big plays. If our O-line can keep the Cardinals front 7 relatively in check, this game probably won't be close.

The Cardinals O-line is still a mess, in all phases of the game. I really do expect our D to dominate this week. Cardinals are having problems run and pass blocking, and Kolb is going to be QBing. As long as we can keep Fitz from having a big game I expect a dominant showing from the D.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Losing Maclin will hurt the Eagles (and my fantasy team), but the rest of the offense has enough skill that I think we should be able to move the ball, DeSean so far this season has already shown he's taking on more of the load in terms of moving the chains, and not just big plays. If our O-line can keep the Cardinals front 7 relatively in check, this game probably won't be close.

The Cardinals O-line is still a mess, in all phases of the game. I really do expect our D to dominate this week. Cardinals are having problems run and pass blocking, and Kolb is going to be QBing. As long as we can keep Fitz from having a big game I expect a dominant showing from the D.
Fitz is always the x factor when we play the Cards but he's been a non factor so far this year so let's just hope that continues. All we really need is for our offense to outplay theirs and not turn the ball over(which might be asking too much judging by how things have gone so far haha). I'm guessing PP will be shadowing Jackson which is why I'm expecting McCoy to have a huge game.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta ask whats up with Aso, seems like he is an entirely different player and not in a good way

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a combo of bad defensive back communication, living off old rep and just not a fit for the scheme.

Also in Oakland, he was the only good player and was stuck to 1 side of the field, so Qbs knew to avoid him, and line best players up on other side.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I gotta ask whats up with Aso, seems like he is an entirely different player and not in a good way
He has a tendency to drop straight back or towards the sideline, even when completely unnecessary, like he's playing not to get beat deep/ or the outside. The problem is, he does this even when the WR's are breaking inside. All it takes is some offensive coordinator to draw up a TE going down the seem to occupy the Safety on Aso's side and you have an easy completion, usually with Aso at least 4-5 yards away from your WR.

This would be fine if he were picking up a receiver running a wheel route or a receiver in the flats, but he does this even when its not like he's picking anyone up. I don't know if its confusion about what he's supposed to do, or if he is just too concerned with giving up a big play, but it is extremely aggravating seeing him as literally the ONLY player (offense and defense) outside of the numbers on his side of the field while the offense is completing easy 8-15 yards passes usually just inside of him to his left. Its making our safeties look even worse than they should

Old 09-25-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

After that embarrassment Sunday it looks like management's had enough and decided to shake things up....McBriar is in and Henry's out.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Kind of a strange move because while Henry wasn't on pace to make the pro-bowl Ii certainly don't think his play merited him being cut. Sounded like McBriar might have won the job out of camp but they kept Henry because he was the holder for Henery and there was a familiarity there.

I hope we grab a punter this year because there are some good ones coming out of college. Jeff Locke at UCLA is good enough to merit a late round pick imo. It's too bad Brad Wing isn't eligible this year because he's an absolute stud. People always make punters out to be the joke of the league but field position is so important. Last year San Fran's D dominated the league and LSU's did the same in college. Obviously both units were stacked with talent but one thing they also had in common was all world punters. A punter who can consistently shift the field position balance and pin the other team deep is very valuable.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought for sure after preseason mcbriar had won the job. Was really surprised we didn't keep him. He was much better in my eyes as of pinning people deep and sadly Henry wasn't that good. I am happy with the move our special teams is abysmal we need all the help we can get .
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

What could have been :(.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Earl Thomas, has anyone seen Graham make an impact play this season? Seems like he's been surpassed by Phillip Hunt in the lineup.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

He's been noticeable at times on the off chance e finds his way on the field. It's hard when you're stuck behind a couple probowlers I guess but jpp did manage to surpass osi under somewhat similar circumstances. I loved graham and ET coming out, but Thomas is a stud and he's the missing piece that would put our d over the top right now.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Great game, Giants always like to play it close haha.

Defense looks great in the second year under Castillo. Obviously bringing in Demeco and Kendricks helps and getting rid of Asante was addition by subtraction in a sense because he and Nnamdi couldn't co-exist and he was also a locker room cancer according to Brandon Graham.

Red Zone offense is still a huge concern for me. Can't throw it and today we couldn't even run it. O-line played well given the circumstances though. Did a good job of neutralizing one of the league's top pass rushes.

I think it might be time to re-evaluate the wide 9. Teams have figured it out and we aren't getting enough pressure because the QBs are just taking shorter drops.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Our safeties are still bad, but average bad. What can you expect out of Coleman and Allen...well I expect them to at least play the assignments and zones, and not get beat. I don't expect ed reed, or troy, or thomas from them. Seems like its easy to get them to bite on PA, they don't realize durning what game situation they should and should not fall for PA.

Also thank god for balanced attack. Keeping Vick under 30 passes seems to = offensive success.