Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-25-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves, we should just focus on getting the win this week. There are no bonus points for style.

Sure the Eagles haven't been playing well, but like every team they will be working on getting better. They have a lot to improve, but if things click they will be very tough plus we all know they have given us matchup problems at times.
Never under estimate the Eagles for sure. Having said that I hope we smash them :-)

As far a the Panthers not bringing their A game, there may be truth in that, however, you could argue that the Giants didn't let them play the game they wanted. In the end it doesn't matter, we have the win and that is what counts.

More than anything I think our season will come down to quality depth and the ability of the next guy to step up. When asked our guys have gotten the job done. Barden and Brown have proven they can be effective weapons in their own right and will likely feature more in the rotation. It also means we can likely rotate a little more.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one feeling a loss here? After having a lot of time off after stomping a no-show Carolina squad, against a reeling eagles team? Just seems like the recipe for an absolute clusterfuck performance from us.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we'll see where we are as a team, physically and mental make up. We could have a good chance here, to get a division win against the eagles, and then get a win against the Browns. A nice 4-1 start would be fantastic, heading into the san fran game
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Am I the only one feeling a loss here? After having a lot of time off after stomping a no-show Carolina squad, against a reeling eagles team? Just seems like the recipe for an absolute clusterfuck performance from us.
This^

Typical Giants let down game coming up.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This^

Typical Giants let down game coming up.
No. We'll beat the Eagles on the road and then the let down will be to the Browns at home.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
No. We'll beat the Eagles on the road and then the let down will be to the Browns at home.
Haha I agree that this scenario is much more likely. Huge road division win and then come home where we suck and lose to one of the worst teams in football.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we manage to win this week we're guaranteed to lose to the Browns.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we manage to win this week we're guaranteed to lose to the Browns.
As for confidence I really feel fine about this game right now. The Eagles OL is terrible. I always trust Eli to get us points.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Yeah, but we're gunna turn the ball over and this'll probably be Philly's only turnover free game all year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Stop being negative nellies here. We won 2 Super Bowls have a talented roster and an MVP candidate and probable HOF in his prime. Enjoy it! When we get knocked out for the year we can mope.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'm not being negative. Games this early in the season aren't all important, so while I'm expecting a loss in the next two weeks that won't be the end of the world, especially if it's the Browns game, cause then we'll definitely beat the 9ers.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's possible. I wouldn't rule it out.

I'm more confident in this Eagles match up than usual though. No more Asante (who owns Eli) doesn't hurt either.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly just has our number. They're the 1 team that always confused him.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Confused Eli? He usually has 1 mediocre game against them and 1 great game per annum. If you go back the last few years you'll see what I mean. I think it's more of a defensive issue against their offense over the years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well, maybe I'm thinking too much of Asante. Asante owned Eli. Yes, I know Eli got him too, but Asante really knew how to read Eli very well.

Our OL vs that wide 9 is scary too. And we have Perry Fewell.

I'm just saying, I think they're like 7-1 vs us the past 4 years. They have our number.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You can't use they have our number after you used the Cowboys were due against us haha. You basically are looking for the negative. Our defensive front 7 against that OL can be just as scary. Also, if we can run the ball like last week the Wide 9 will take themselves right out of the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bradshaw is playing. Our run game will take a hit.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We'll see how the coaching staff deals with it. They can't just relegate Brown to the bench for 25 carries of Bradshaw.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you GF, I have a good feeling about this game as well. Coughlin/Eli history shows that we will start no worse than 4-2. We never have with those two. The most realistic scenario is that we win the next two games, before we lose against the 49ers.

But I could easily see us delivering a WTF-game against the Browns as well. We could lose that one, and win on the road against the 49ers instead.

But I have a really good feeling about this game. Vick will keep throwing INTs, Eli will lead our O down the field, and we will win this next game.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, I'm playing against Brown this week in fantasy, so let's hope that Bradshaw does well, and at the very least, takes all the TD's!

or, we can just sling it around with Eli, because that's always awesome as hell to watch because Eli=sexy
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nicks, Rivers, and Hosley not practicing. I'm assuming Nicks back tomorrow. Rivers and Hosley have those damn hamstring issues that cause problems all year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I'm with you GF, I have a good feeling about this game as well. Coughlin/Eli history shows that we will start no worse than 4-2. We never have with those two. The most realistic scenario is that we win the next two games, before we lose against the 49ers.

But I could easily see us delivering a WTF-game against the Browns as well. We could lose that one, and win on the road against the 49ers instead.

But I have a really good feeling about this game. Vick will keep throwing INTs, Eli will lead our O down the field, and we will win this next game.
I know you're new, but the giants beating the Eagles and Browns, but losing to the 9ers is the least likely way for us to get to 4-2.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I know you're new, but the giants beating the Eagles and Browns, but losing to the 9ers is the least likely way for us to get to 4-2.
on paper it's the most likely, with us, it's the least. classic giants
Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Everyone here would be happy with a 3-1 start and a 1-1 division start. Flipping this into a W since we lost at home to the Boys is fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
on paper it's the most likely, with us, it's the least. classic giants
It's a big part of what I love so much about this team. We defy common sense at every opportunity.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: