Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I have a question.

I drafted a player last year, then during the year I dropped him. He was in free agency for a while, and then I picked him back up. Do I still get charged $ on the upcoming draft because I was the one who initially drafted or does he get treated as a free agent.
I think it's fair for you to keep him at no charge.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think it's fair for you to keep him at no charge.
That's what I was thinking, not because it favors me, but it seemed fair, but also because it favors me.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have many options so here they are:

Carmelo Anthony $72
Andre Iguodala $38
Jordan Crawford $3
= $113

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Bynum = $20
Tony Parker = $7
Kenneth Faired = $0

-----------------

Total = $27

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Wall- 73
Aaron Afflalo-1
Ersan Illyasova- 1
Total- 75
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't keep him since you paid over $125 dollars for him. Everyone knew that before, during and after the draft. There were no secrets about it.
We changed it DURING the draft, it was in the draft room. I can't go back because I don't have the ******* draft archived, but I remember it exactly and it was a huge argument between me and you. There is no limit for keepers, we said this so that the payment for LeBron and Durant and so forth didn't matter so that they could be kept.

If you want to arbitrarily change the rules we agreed on DURING THE DRAFT, then I'm out.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 09-25-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
We changed it DURING the draft, it was in the draft room. I can't go back because I don't have the ******* draft archived, but I remember it exactly and it was a huge argument between me and you. There is no limit for keepers, we said this so that the payment for LeBron and Durant and so forth didn't matter so that they could be kept.

If you want to arbitrarily change the rules we agreed on DURING THE DRAFT, then I'm out.
The only way that makes sense is if this then does not become a keeper league. The last thing I wanted was for someone to blow their load on one or two players with the sole purpose of tanking the season and going into the next season with a huge keeper advantage. CCB did that in the first version of this league by getting Dwight and CP3, and he didn't care about his team all year. I didn't want that to happen again.

Who else remembers that draft room talk?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The entire point would be that he'd have A LOT less money to spend if he kept Dwight and CP3, so he'd ultimately fail anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The entire point would be that he'd have A LOT less money to spend if he kept Dwight and CP3, so he'd ultimately fail anyway.
Eh, it might leave the best players on crappy teams...

But OK, since I don't want you to leave then we can do this.

Besides, the 2x keeper rule helps prevent too much crap from happening anyways.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was seriously under the impression that we were running it the way D-Unit has it right now. That is what I recall.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-25-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember there being a discussion during the draft, actually. I was thinking maybe we discussed it on the forums, but yeah it was in the draft chat.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I was seriously under the impression that we were running it the way D-Unit has it right now. That is what I recall.
You were right there in the draft.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was probably drunk. Mr. Bearsfan was in on this.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so whats the deal

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The deal is you are not allowed in the league next year.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
The deal is you are not allowed in the league next year.
still bitter about our match i see :]

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
so whats the deal
Depends... Do you care if Brodeur is still in the league? lol
Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

All my point was that we agreed to have no cap for our keepers, which is why the bids went so high for some.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
You were right there in the draft.
This is what I remember:

Quote:
So we have 125 to spend on 3 guys if we want to keep them?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
After all your uproar about the rules I thought you were really gonna spend the big bucks land an elite player. Westbrook is mighty fine, but he's not exactly elite.

I think you got some potential late round steals if your rookies pan out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I had Durant set at 153. I should have stuck to that.

That said, Brodeur spent more for Deron Williams, and I'd much rather have Russel Westbrook. Point Guards in general went for much cheaper than I thought they would.

I still have no idea how I got Al Jefferson for so cheap.
That should clear it up. Kinda sorta.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Judging from that I think Brodeur is right. My keepers are the same regardless.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I want the rules cleared up before my keepers are official.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't want eric gordon. blow it up, i say! just marshon and kg for me plz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit> i am also highly intoxicmacated sorry brody i love you but drunk things are drunk and awesome and insert dumb wrestling gif here.

i like batman so those gifs are cool just stop judging because eric gordon sucks now
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's a Tuesday night Scotty, Jesus. We've established the rules Bos, pick any 3 keepers.

RIP TheManInBlack