Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's a big part of what I love so much about this team. We defy common sense at every opportunity.
No one could ever argue the Coughlin/Eli era hasn't kept us all on the edge of our seats. Up is down, down is up and so on. It's been entertaining for sure and has given us way too much time to waste on here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Bradshaw is starting too? Sometimes Tom is too loyal to his veterans. Bradshaw is washed up. He's a solid back if you give him great blocking but we just don't have the offensive line for that. We need Wilson or Brown to make something happen. One cut and go. Bradshaw just runs into the backs of the offensive line and gets tackled.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't disagree at all but let's see what Bradshaw can do now that he knows his job is on the line.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Network Tonight: A football life
Tom Coughlin
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I know you're new, but the giants beating the Eagles and Browns, but losing to the 9ers is the least likely way for us to get to 4-2.
Oh I know that, I just meant on paper, lol. I agree, the Giants tend to defy logic more often than not. But IDK, I think this years team will be a bit more predictable.

And on paper the Giants should be a better team than the Eagles. I have a feeling it will show on the field sunday night as well.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like Bradshaw is starting too? Sometimes Tom is too loyal to his veterans. Bradshaw is washed up. He's a solid back if you give him great blocking but we just don't have the offensive line for that. We need Wilson or Brown to make something happen. One cut and go. Bradshaw just runs into the backs of the offensive line and gets tackled.
I want us to use Bradshaw as a third down back, with the occasional carry on early downs. He's still a great pass blocker, and an adequate pass-catcher.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
NFL Network Tonight: A football life
Tom Coughlin
That Madden voicemail was the tits.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That Madden voicemail was the tits.
You never realize how much of an impact being a coach is on your family. I thought it was very insightful to hear how his rough years with us and fire coughlin, and the media/fans effected his family. Seeing his daughter cry was a powerful scene I thought.

Just to see his family life makes me respect him more. Also makes me respect his wife taking care of 4 kids. This has to be the best Giants related show.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree. That was excellent. Judy Coughlin who I've never even heard talk was just fantastic.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

It was a really good episode. After that hour I not only have deep respect for Coughlin the coach, but also Tom Coughlin the person. Looks to be a genuinely great guy, as well as a strong leader.

And I gained so much respect for Judy Coughlin. That's the sort of girl you marry. Strong, independent and loyal.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love when he says he is man enough to admit to them that he loves them. That 2011-2012 team felt like it was such a close team all around

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
That's the sort of girl you marry. Strong, independent and loyal.
That's the perfect thing. He really is a lucky guy to marry someone with those amazing qualities.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, i missed it :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was good. Ray Lewis had the best one so far, but the Coughlin one was good.

I actually wanted them to go over his success in Jacksonville more. They didn't focus on that enough. Or his proven track record since his college days of being an upset coach.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I can't take Ray Lewis seriously so I turned it off. He's a murderer so I don't know how anyone can respect the guy. It actually bothers me Rice looks up to him so much.

I wish the Coughlin thing was 2 hours long.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch.

I want to believe Ray. I really do. But I don't...

I'll say this about Ray. In life, we all make mistakes. Some of us make great mistakes. Mistakes that we can't take back. What you do after that mistake can help redeem some of your character. Not all of it, you can never bring those lives back, but if you truly feel guilt and remorse and do your best moving forward to try to be the best person you can be, then I can't fault you for trying.

I think Ray did it. And I think he realizes what a terrible mistake he made, and he's trying to live his life to make up for it. He'll never make up for it, but at the same time, I find myself not hating him for trying to correct his ways.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's fair BBD. He hasn't been in any kind of trouble since so I think you're right that he definitely learned from that night. It's just the preachiness that gets to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was always confused by the Ray Lewis thing. Was he accused of actually murdering someone, or was he just involved with it somehow? I thought it was he covered it up for someone or something.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was always confused by the Ray Lewis thing. Was he accused of actually murdering someone, or was he just involved with it somehow? I thought it was he covered it up for someone or something.
He was never accused of doing the murdering himself. But he was committed I believe on obstruction of justice in attempting to either confuse police or cover it up. He was definitely there when it went down.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No Hosley and Rivers today which isn't a surprise. Rolle didn't practice either though so that's not a good sign. Nicks and Bradshaw back to full.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

What's wrong with Rivers? Hamstring injury?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
What's wrong with Rivers? Hamstring injury?
correct. (10char)

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Damn, I hate those injuries. It seems the defense gets those in bulk. Rivers is the guy that needs to prove he can stay healthy in the NFL.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've long held the belief that we don't stretch enough as a team. That's why we have so many muscle pulls/tears.

If you don't stretch thoroughly, you also jeopardize your ligaments.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we believe that injuries are arbitrary and we ignore the past. Some guys are just injury prone, there is no denying that. And other guys are just made of steel and never get hurt.