Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-23-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
thanks, verizon, for not pushing out the update to everyone. wouldn't want to tax your servers or anything.
Aren't updates based on the phone manufacturer, not the service provider?
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Aren't updates based on the phone manufacturer, not the service provider?
updates depend on provider, unless you have a Nexus, which gets it's **** from Google

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
updates depend on provider, unless you have a Nexus, which gets it's **** from Google
Gotcha, wasn't sure about that one.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just woke up to my Galaxy Nexus ready to update to Jelly Bean
Happened to me this morning... Project butter is just

As for those who have the Nexus and haven't had the the DL pushed to your phone apparently its only going to be pushed down via WIFI until Oct 1st.

So get your phones on some WIFI.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
can anyone explain why mediaserver is sucking 33% of my battery drain today? not downloading videos/pics/music. heck, i haven't even used google play music today.

also, my htc evo is giving me a "loading" screen even when i'm trying to just go to the home page.

i admit that i am a technology tard, so any help/suggestions are appreciated.
Bc it's not an iphone.

#IphoneIn2012
Old 09-24-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bc it's not an iphone.

#IphoneIn2012
Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but does it have an apple on the back of it?

#IphoneIn2012
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah but does it have an apple on the back of it?

#IphoneIn2012
I am sure I could find a sticker somewhere.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Nooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YEssssssss

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this thread is mainly for phones, but I am buying my wife a tablet for her birthday and am trying to decide between the Kindle Fire HD and the Nexus 7. She is somewhat tech-savvy, moreso than your average person, but doesn't want to dick around with configuring a bunch of settings and probably doesn't care that the Nexus would get the new Android as soon as it's released. And if anything, the Kindle supporting Flash still is probably a good thing for her.

I am leaning toward the Kindle for the extra 8 GB of space, longer battery life, Flash support, and her pre-existing familiarity with Amazon Marketplace. But I am open to informed opinions.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Personally I would go with the N7 (awesome I want one now just because of the acronym.) Its a more powerful device. Is always going to be updated with the newest and best OS(don't under estimate that). Not to mention it is a clean OS not something derived from another OS.

I also would hate the fact that I can only use the Amazon market. I feel like that would eventually become a downfall despite her familiarity.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 09-26-2012 at 02:43 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well after watching this video I will probably go with the N7. I was under the impression that the Amazon Marketplace was not usable on the N7. I am still learning this stuff, haven't cared until recently.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-26-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an N7. It's amazing. Love it. Good choice.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

N7 is such a great acronym.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CELEBRATE
25 billion downloads!

For the next five days, get top Android apps and games for $0.25, with new apps being added each day thru Sunday.

I haven't checked out the apps yet but this sounds sweet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** my one x just updated to 4.0.4 like 3 days ago...
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HD widgets for .25 jump on it
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking about getting the 7" Kindle Fire HD. I'm an Amazon Prime member....and it seems like a really good choice and pretty affordable at $199. Anyone have experience with it? I know it runs a form of Android.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm thinking about getting the 7" Kindle Fire HD. I'm an Amazon Prime member....and it seems like a really good choice and pretty affordable at $199. Anyone have experience with it? I know it runs a form of Android.
Look a few posts above. The Nexus 7 is the same price and probably a better option.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-29-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be possible to hook up my android and tether it to my computer , then use a pc router for the internet ( 4g wifi ) to hook up other devices ?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Look a few posts above. The Nexus 7 is the same price and probably a better option.
All reviews state that the N7 has the edge... UNLESS you're a Prime member on Amazon and then the Kindle edges it out.
I personally love the N7 but I'm not a prime member so I can't speak on that. Just what I've read.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
All reviews state that the N7 has the edge... UNLESS you're a Prime member on Amazon and then the Kindle edges it out.
I personally love the N7 but I'm not a prime member so I can't speak on that. Just what I've read.
That's what I read too and I am an Amazon Prime member. Which is why I've picked the Kindle over the N7. If I wasn't then yea the N7 would have been the choice.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so, my favorite thing about apple maps... when you're in denver and you search for 'airport', the first result is stapleton airport. which closed in 1995.
There's a hipster joke in there somewhere.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Functional airports are too mainstream. EVERYBODY uses them.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: