Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mason foster MLB Tampa bay. 11 TFL and second in the nfl in tackles. Beasting it.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brandon Spikes. MLB. New England.
HellonEarth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals

All three have been mentioned but you can't really go wrong with Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, or Michael Johnson.

Geno is more well-regarded here than in the general public, but Carlos and Johnson are beasts too. Johnson has so much more room to improve it's insane, but he's already a solid DE.

I haven't been more pleased with the defensive line my entire time as a Bengals fan.

...and then there are the backers and safeties.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our pass rush sucks though don't you know this?!

I agree though while I think we could def use some added pass rush help(who doesn't?), I'm happy with the young group we have and it's only going to continue to get better with time. Curious to see how Dontay Moch fits in when he returns as well. Guys got incredible speed which we could use all over the place, his versatility could be very scary as sort of a wildcard to throw out there on passing downs.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 09-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Cox..
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I feel like the terms best and elite are being ver loosely used here. Clemons has 5 sacks on the year, 4 came in one quarter. While its impressive, he seems to get sacks in bunches and stays quiet for a while after. Thats not elite to me.

For the Packers, Im going Jeron McMillan. He's a rookie but he's played very, very well. Or Sam Shields/Ryan Pickett.
You'd be wrong. Those guys play like that every week. You just saw it once and assume incorrectly that was like their best game.

Chancellor is undoubtedly a top safety in the league. And arguably the best true SS in the league.

Since he's come to the Seahawks here are Clemons #s:

2010: 16 GP, 49 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 FF, 4 PD
2011: 16 GP, 50 tackles, 11 sacks, 3 FF, 5 PD

And in three games this year he has 5 sacks, 1 FF, and 3 PD.

Those are elite #s for a 4-3 DE. Put him up against most DEs and I'd guess only three or four have that type of production. Especially impressive considering he's had NO help in terms of other pass rushers until this year.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You'd be wrong. Those guys play like that every week. You just saw it once and assume incorrectly that was like their best game.
C'mon, man. It was their best game. That was as good as anyone's ever seen Seattle's defense. This is precisely why the last call of that game bugs me so much - people are acting like having that many sacks on TNF makes them overrated because they won. If they'd lost, everyone would be talking about how Green Bay won "despite Seattle's stifling defense." Chris Clemons had 4 sacks on primetime. The "reach" pick had two. Don't need to say "That wasn't their best game." Because it was. They're good every week, but from a Seattle fan to another - you're getting a bit hyperbolic here.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Soliai or Randy Starks. Both have been fantastic so far this year. Starks a bit more so than Soliai.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Tyson Jackson, no question. He is exactly what they wanted when they drafted him #3. Since he plays a 4 tech, 2 gap, with minimal penetration responsibilities, people think he's a bust. Ask a RT that tries to handle him.

J
Nout sure if serious.Jackson is HORRIBLE
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While a lot of people have learned to recognize Sean Lee, i still don't think he gets the rep he deserves. He's playing at a high, pro-bowl level for us. Just completely eats up the run, gets off his blocks and makes sound, textbook tackles, and is surprisingly good in zone coverage for being an ILB. Still struggles some in man coverage against quick RBs, but he's a complete stud everywhere else.

Another name to keep in mind on our defense is Bruce Carter, our 2011 second round pick. Barely saw the field last year as he recovered from a torn ACL that he suffered at UNC. He battled against Dan Connor in training camp for the vacant ILB spot and handily won the job. He's done nothing but impress so far in his first games as a full time starter. Guy sticks his nose in every run play, and he's one of those guys that hovers to the ball. Just always finds his way. He has been very impressive, and has Cowboys fans holding their breath at the potential the defense has with our completely revamped secondary and the potential for two all-pros and a pro-bowler at LB.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:16 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Akeem Ayers. Colin McCarthy makes more splash plays (provided hes actually healthy) but Ayers does it all. He looks fluid in coverage, makes open field tackles, can rush the passer, and knows how to set the edge.
Dude's leading the team in tackles so far. Hopefully, we have Michael Boley 2.0 on our hands. He's just a 2nd year player, so he'll gain notoriety as he goes forward.

For me, I would say DE Dave Ball, but he's never healthy. I thought about CB Alterraun Verner and CB Jason McCourty too, but I think I'm gonna go with DT Sen'Derrick Marks. Before this preseason, I think most people would have labeled him a bust. I know I certainly did, and was why I was clamoring for a DT in the draft. But so far, Marks has not only shown he's an improved player, but he just may be the Titans' best DT. He missed the first two games, but against Detroit, he had 4 solo stops and 6 combined stops. He's a UT, but he might as well be the NT since he's been the strongest at the point of attack going back to the preseason. Other guys may get pushed around, but Question Marks barely moves backward and he still positions himself in the way of the RB so he or another defender can make the stop.

I hope to see his numbers improve as the season goes forward, especially in the pass-rushing department as Jurrell Casey and Mike Martin continue to develop and improve, which will in turn help Marks get to the QB. I'd still love to land a guy like Star Lotulelei in the draft, because getting a Ngata-type freak of a DT is something I think no team should pass up on, but with Marks, Casey, Martin, and Karl Klug to rotate in, I think the Titans have a promising DT group.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
McCoy has outplayed Suh thus far.
It's a shame he doesn't even get close to the amount of press Suh gets.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's a shame he doesn't even get close to the amount of press Suh gets.
I like it that way. Remember McCoy has history of ending his seasons early. When on the field though he's a beast and dynamic player.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
DanDanE420
Rookie

DanDanE420 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reshad Jones.
DanDanE420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dashon Goldson is a underrated player on our defense.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait for it, wait for it, wait for it.

Tyson Jackson.

Look at the top 15 picks that year in order:
1. Matt Stafford - Lions
2. Jason Smith - Rams
3. Tyson Jackson - Chiefs
4. Aaron Curry - Seahawks
5. Mark Sanchez - Jets
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Smith
7. DHB - Raiders
8. Eugene Monroe - Jaguars
9. BJ Raji - Packers
10. Michael Crabtree - Niners
11. Aaron Maybin - Bills
12. Knowshon Moreno - Broncos
13. Brian Orakpo - Redskins
14. Malcolm Jenkins - Saints
15. Brian Cushing - Texans

Ill be honest. Right now I would take 3 of those picks over Tyson Jackson (minus the fact he is due 14 mil next year, restructure needed). Cushing, Orakpo, Stafford.

Dont give me RAJI, until this year he has regressed each year and has disappeared vs. run and in pass game. Raji is bouncing back this year.

He may not be the best 3rd overall ever but he is far from the worst.

Just look at the entire first round, really. Really gross.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Smith has been really good the last 2 years.
But as for the defense, I would say Terrance Newman this year.
He hasn't been bad thus far for a guy playing a lot more than he should.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for the record Raji has been completely worth it. He's the only DL that was worth anything until Worthy came in this offseason. Surrounded by dog **** and Clay Matthews in the front 7, its not hard to be keyed in on and ran around. Hes been pretty consistent in getting pressure, too. Not at an elite level but he isnt a ghost out there. And to say youd take Jackson over him? I dont think thatd be smart. Jackson hasnt done half of what Raji has.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year its Kareem Jackson. He was awful as a rookie and average last year, but he finally looks like he gets it so far this year. Maybe it's Wade coming in, or maybe he just needed time, but he's finally playing up to his pick. Glover Quin deserves recognition too, really solid player.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

For the skins it's still London Fletcher.. The dude is timeless and SHOULD be compared to Ray Lewis. They have very similar stats, both motivational leaders for their team and have a back to play at a high level for a long time.

#2 is Orakpo... Playing out of position all these years and getting held more than anyone I've ever seen (w/o calls) he's been very good but since he's getting compared to JPP, Ware, and others it's like Skins fans under value him..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
For the skins it's still London Fletcher.. The dude is timeless and SHOULD be compared to Ray Lewis. They have very similar stats, both motivational leaders for their team and have a back to play at a high level for a long time.

#2 is Orakpo... Playing out of position all these years and getting held more than anyone I've ever seen (w/o calls) he's been very good but since he's getting compared to JPP, Ware, and others it's like Skins fans under value him..
Are you trying to say that skins fans comparing Rak to JPP and ware...under-rates him?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Rams, it's easily EASILY Bradley Fletcher.

He's given up 7 catches and 44 yards in 4 games. That includes 2 catches for 12 yards vs Megatron. He's a legit shutdown corner when he's healthy.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also ray mcdonald

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:15 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Our pass rush sucks though don't you know this?!

I agree though while I think we could def use some added pass rush help(who doesn't?), I'm happy with the young group we have and it's only going to continue to get better with time. Curious to see how Dontay Moch fits in when he returns as well. Guys got incredible speed which we could use all over the place, his versatility could be very scary as sort of a wildcard to throw out there on passing downs.
Our pass rush did suck until Dunlap got back.

Dunlap, Atkins, and Johnson are not underrated in my book. I feel they all get their fair share of support, or lack their of in their respected scenario.

The Bengals most underrated player on defense is Thomas Howard. I felt he was out best Linebacker last year and until he went down this year, he was out best backer this year. However, Burfict is playing well in his absence.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was about average but of course it's going to improve with Dunlap's return, as he is our second best defensive player and one of the best pure pass rushers in the league. Having anyone that can present a threat in rushing the passer opposite Geno and MJ will do that. Robert Geathers/Jamaal Anderson were simply non-existent and no matter who is on the other side, it's not going to be ideal. Peko also offers next to nothing as a pass rusher, can never really understand why he's left in their when they could bring in Still who is much better in that department. Easy to key on MJ/Geno with nothing else, and let's not forget that teams were max protecting us like crazy without Dunlap and we weren't really blitzing all that much or all that effectively.

Thomas Howard I can agree with, but playing alongside Luga and Manny Lawson can make anyone look great by comparison. He's a fine player and I wish we didn't have to wait until he went down to unleash Burfict. Would be nice to see those two alongside one another so we could have even a trace of second level presence in our defense.

EDIT: Also, Terrence Newman is absolutely abysmal.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 10-04-2012 at 04:13 AM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote