Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chris Johnson Epitomizes Everything I Hate About Pro Athletes

I was watching the Titans vs Lions game yesterday and felt compelled to start a topic about Chris Johnson. It was the first Titans game I have watched all season long. Of course, I was aware that CJ2K had 19 carries for 21 yards through the first two games of the season. No TDs. The biggest run he had, through two weeks, was a 7 yard run, which came against the Chargers. 1st game he played... against the Patriots. Certainly not bad run defenses by any stretch of the imagination, but not necessarily two teams that should, basically, shut out a RB of Chris Johnson's ability.

To preface the performance I'm about to talk about, I will say that I heard him make some comments to the media about his early struggles through the first two games. The great CJ2K said that he wasn't going to point any fingers, and then proceeded to blame the offensive line for his inability to gain more than 1 yard per rush. That type of comment did not surprise me. After all, it is Chris Johnson. Look at him. Seriously, google him and look at his picture. That type of remark is to be expected.

I assumed that his offensive line was playing poorly. But barely averaging 1 yard per carry, a stinking yard, through two entire games? I figured there was more to it than just a bad offensive line.

As the game went along I saw some absolutely terrible football. A lot of people thought this was a wildly great game. I did not. I thought both defenses were so bad it was almost hard to watch. The amount of blown coverages and pure ineptitude displayed was amateur. The Lions outdid themselves in the special teams department. I don't think I've ever seen a special teams performance that bad. It quickly dawned on me that the Lions are a terribly undisciplined football team with a piss poor coaching staff that is ready for upheaval. Everyone knows about the discipline via the personal fouls and the off field arrests, but simple things... like staying in your lane... very difficult task for a Lion to execute.

Regardless, the Lions front 7 played okay. For the most part. Their secondary might be the worst in Football. And John Wendling is probably the worst player in the NFL. He has been an absolute whipping boy. But, like I said, their front seven played fairly decent. Chris Johnson was held to 29 all purpose yards, 24 yards on the ground. He had 14 carries for 24 yards. An average of 1.7 yards per rush.

I tried to go into the game with the mindset that I would give Johnson the benefit of the doubt. I saw him last year and thought he quit, and that he had no desire to be on the football field whatsoever. I will be honest and say that I despised him for it. For sitting out, missing so much time and demanding a big contract, and then... just flat out not producing... That's inexcusable. It shouldn't happen. You got paid, act like it. Act like you deserved the money they gave you.

Well, what I saw against the Lions was more of the same. Was the offensive line good? No. Were they so terrible to the point that Chris Johnson couldn't average more than two yards a carry? Absolutely not. Johnson is going into the hole, tap dancing like crazy and playing WEAK. He is soft. He looks soft and he has been playing soft. There isn't a bit of decisiveness when he runs the ball. There isn't a bit of desire. He just looks like he doesn't care. And the guy is slow. He is ******* slow. Jake Locker took off scrambling on a play where he picked about 20+ yards, and the speed differential to what Locker showed compared to what Johnson showed? It was a remarkable difference. Locker made more defenders miss in the open field on that one single run than Johnson made miss during the entire game. And judging from the stats, probably the entire season.

I spoke earlier about the Lions being undisciplined. Well, that's how Chris Johnson runs. His longest run of the game, of the season for that matter, was a 13 yard run. It was designed to be a quick toss to the right. The second CJ got the pitch, he reversed field and ran to the weak side. Luckily, there wasn't a defender staying at home on the weak side to stop him. Johnson picked up 13 yards. But a great majority of Chris Johnson's run are like that. He didn't follow his FB in the hole one single time. Not once. Didn't care to. He tried to bounce it outside, and he ends up running backwards and losing 3 to 8 yards on every single play. And he keeps doing it. He keeps trying to run around everyone but he's running at half speed. He is literally on the field jogging... most of the time he is ******* jogging, and it's blatant. Completely obvious. The guy goes down on first contact, tries running around everyone, doesn't follow his blocks and then... blames his offensive linemen in the media.

It is clear to me that this the same case as Albert Haynesworth. 4 years ago, Haynesworth was the best defensive linemen in football. Maybe even the best defensive player in football. He was MVP caliber. He ended up banking a $100M dollar contact with Redskins. And then, he simply shut it down. It was over for him. He didn't care. He had no passion for the game. Just wanted some quick guaranteed money. Now, after four years separated from being one of the absolute best defensive players in football, Haynesworth is out of the NFL.

Chris Johnson is headed in the same direction. Just three years ago he set a single season record for all-purpose yards in a season. He rushed for 2,000 yards and was one of the most dangerous RBs in the game. I always gave the offensive line a little more credit than most people ever did, but there was no denying that Chris Johnson was an elite player in the game. The fastest player in the game. He was decisive, ran hard, broke tackles, ran through defenders, had great balance, good leg drive and simply played his ass off.

Now, he runs to the sideline when he's in open field and can't even make a Detroit Lion miss a tackle when he is in the open field. His lack of energy is disgusting. It really sickens me that he can play the way he did, and apparently the way he has been doing, and, seemingly, get away with it. And I don't mean by the media or the fans or whatever, but the ownership, the coaches, the players in that locker room... I don't know how they stand for it, and I don't how he hasn't been benched yet or cut.

To me, Chris Johnson is the worst stating RB in football. And he will wear out his welcome in Tennessee soon enough, which I think he is intentionally trying to do. I think now that he got his guaranteed money, he's ready to go to another team with a better offensive line and try to make even more money there. Unless he turns his act around, I don't think Chris Johnson runs for 500 yards in a season ever again. He is that bad. And it's only because he just doesn't give a ****.

I never really cared for him to begin with, but I at least respected his talents and his ability. I always thought he was little overrated, especially when people said he was the best RB in the NFL (Adrian Peterson has been the best since he stepped foot into the NFL, because he runs like he cares about competing). But now, there isn't a player in the league that I hate more than him. I can't stand him and the way he goes about his business.

I know this was overly long, and I don't expect everyone, or anyone, to read it, but I had to vent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-28-2012 at 02:14 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now tell us how you really feel.

(I don't necessarily disagree on any particular point you made, but you REALLY dislike him, haha.)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually dislike everything you post because you are more abrasive than sand paper taped to John Hamm's 5 o'clock shadow but this time I agree with you.

I have never been a fan of CJ and I feel like this decline was inevitable. The horrible part is I have nothing against the Titans and to be held hostage by this one hit wonder of a HB is a punishment reserved only for teams I truly despise.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Chris.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Handing over millions of dollars to a guy who quits when he cashes in? Unheard of.

I said this back last offseason that Johnson was replaceable bc rbs aren't worth that much money. Pifft. CJ2YPC or should I change it to 1 now is a clown.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Handing over millions of dollars to a guy who quits when he cashes in? Unheard of.

I said this back last offseason that Johnson was replaceable bc rbs aren't worth that much money. Pifft. CJ2YPC or should I change it to 1 now is a clown.
I copyrighted this **** ages ago.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-28-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I usually dislike everything you post because you are more abrasive than sand paper taped to John Hamm's 5 o'clock shadow but this time I agree with you.

I have never been a fan of CJ and I feel like this decline was inevitable. The horrible part is I have nothing against the Titans and to be held hostage by this one hit wonder of a HB is a punishment reserved only for teams I truly despise.
I agree with all of this. From word 1 to word last.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read it. All. And I actually enjoyed it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite part was when he said he tried to keep a benefit of the doubt mindset, and then said the googling remark and how he never really cared for him to begin with.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least we can all agree that Jamaal Charles is still a beast.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
My favorite part was when he said he tried to keep a benefit of the doubt mindset, and then said the googling remark and how he never really cared for him to begin with.
This had me laughing.

Google him. Just google him...look...you can tell he's a bad person. haha

I will admit he looks like a total jackass though.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
At least we can all agree that Jamaal Charles is still a beast.
Ray Rice is better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ray Rice is better!
Uh oh. UH OH. ARE WE ABOUT TO HAVE ANOTHER SIG BET?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Sig Bet! Sig Bet! Sig Bet!

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-28-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember that whole AD vs CJ argument on which back is better? And a good majority of board said CJ?

Yeah...good times lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Sig Bet! Sig Bet! Sig Bet!
Speaking of which you're on track to lose ours :P

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Speaking of which you're on track to lose ours :P
Only 23 points behind. He's been dreadfully unlucky as well. Guess i'm rooting for Alonso from now on.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-28-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Only 23 points behind. He's been dreadfully unlucky as well. Guess i'm rooting for Alonso from now on.
23?? Last time I checked it was like 52...Sebas was back like 29.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
23?? Last time I checked it was like 52...Sebas was back like 29.
Oh yeah, 23 off of Vettel I mean. Neither of them look likely to win it tbh.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ray Rice is better!
That's not fair though. He has an elite QB like Joe Flacco throwing him the ball...
Old 09-28-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh yeah, 23 off of Vettel I mean. Neither of them look likely to win it tbh.
No I don't think so either. But...as long as he beats Hamilton...is all good =D

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No I don't think so either. But...as long as he beats Hamilton...is all good =D
The bet was if Hamilton wins the championship or if Vettel wins the championship!!! At least I thought it was anyway.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Titans fan, Chris Johnson has torn my heart out and put it through a shredder. What a god damn idiotic disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The bet was if Hamilton wins the championship or if Vettel wins the championship!!! At least I thought it was anyway.
Gonna go dig it up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ghlight=vettel

There it is. If either one ends up higher than the other!!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt read the entire rant but pretty much got the point...and yea, its sad what has hapenned to him cuz his early years in the league before he held out and got his new contract, he was a special player. He had more long runs than anyone in the game because of his rare speed and his ability to use that speed to set up huge runs where defenders would think they have him and then hed just outrun their angle and he'd be gone. But he set up those big plays with tough runs up the middle, he played hard. Now, all he does is dance. Maybe his OL isnt as good as it used to be, but he just dances around every play trying to find some gaping running lane, and its not gonna happen. It seems like hes lost a step, probly cuz he hasnt been training as hard as he used to.

When you look at his stat sheet, itll look something like 12 carries for 15 yards in a game, but in reality hell have had some runs that were well over a carry, but then several runs where he lost 5 yards cuz hes running around backwards thinking hes so special that he can evade a whole defense.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote