Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Vince Gilligan is on the Colbert Report right now if anyone is interested.
You mean the guy that wrote Hancock?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Ooh, Fringe is back on. I'm ready for it to finish up though.
You have no idea how much I love Fringe. I am so ******* sad it's ending.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You have no idea how much I love Fringe. I am so ******* sad it's ending.
Better to bow out now, then end up like X-Files.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Better to bow out now, then end up like X-Files.

Again, Brody?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leave me alone, Rob.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last Resort is awesome. Watch it.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Last Resort and definitely enjoyed it, although I don't really understand a lot of the actions/motives at play so far. Hopefully my worries will be fleshed out more in the coming week. As far as a pure pilot goes, it is one of the best since episode 1 of Homeland.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a day late watching it, but I've gotta say, that was one of my least favorite Parks and Rec episodes since Season 2.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I did. I thought the pilot was very well done. I thought they did a good job casting it as well. I wasn't a huge Scott Speedman or Daisy Betts fan, but I liked them in this role. And don't even get me started on Autumn Reeser. She was insanely bangable in No Ordinary Family and if it was at all possible she got hotter. Rowr.

I also thought the scene in the bar with that SEAL was awesome, when he was telling them how he'd kill them all.

So yeah, I did like it. It was one of the best drama pilots I've seen in a while, so I'll continue to watch it. I hope it does better next week because it's in a very competitive slot. :(
Haha, well that's good. I really enjoyed that scene too. It was certainly one of the better pilots I've seen in a long time too. I like most of the characters in their roles as well. Braugher is just so damn awesome though. I just loved his ending monologue. So damn amazing.

there are A LOT of really interesting questions going forward about the show which I'm excited about. It reminded me of early LOST, where there were so many questions you wanted answered and it kept you tuned in and wanting the next episode so badly.

I hope the ratings improve too. They weren't amazing, but it was actually a lot better than I thought considering it was given a death slot AND the pilot was released several weeks early online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Just watched Last Resort and definitely enjoyed it, although I don't really understand a lot of the actions/motives at play so far. Hopefully my worries will be fleshed out more in the coming week. As far as a pure pilot goes, it is one of the best since episode 1 of Homeland.
Yeah, it can be tough, especially if you're not as familiar with the military and submarine life.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just so desperate for new/original/creative show ideas that when one does come along they actually seem better than they are. I'm not sure, but I like the show a lot either way.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

Yeah, it can be tough, especially if you're not as familiar with the military and submarine life.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just so desperate for new/original/creative show ideas that when one does come along they actually seem better than they are. I'm not sure, but I like the show a lot either way.
I don't know what you mean by the first part. I'm familiar enough with the military and how it functions. It's just a lot of the actions by characters, civilian and military are extremely questionable to the point where they almost make no sense.

I'm not poo-pooing the show. It's a pilot so obviously all the questions I have can't be answered. If the show answers them over the season, then it will cancel out all worry I have for it now.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't know what you mean by the first part. I'm familiar enough with the military and how it functions. It's just a lot of the actions by characters, civilian and military are extremely questionable to the point where they almost make no sense.

I'm not poo-pooing the show. It's a pilot so obviously all the questions I have can't be answered. If the show answers them over the season, then it will cancel out all worry I have for it now.
Oh alright, I misunderstood what you were saying then.

I like the questions. It makes it fun. And it's really good questions too. That was often my big beef with shows like Flash Forward, and the later episodes of LOST, that the questions weren't as intriguing or interesting as they once were.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Oh alright, I misunderstood what you were saying then.

I like the questions. It makes it fun. And it's really good questions too. That was often my big beef with shows like Flash Forward, and the later episodes of LOST, that the questions weren't as intriguing or interesting as they once were.
As long as it heads more towards Lost than it does Flash Forward, I'll be happy.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm a day late watching it, but I've gotta say, that was one of my least favorite Parks and Rec episodes since Season 2.
I thought it was significantly better than the 1st episode this season. Except for the terrible scenes Ben had, I thought it was very good.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Last Resort is awesome. Watch it.
If only you knew the absurd amount of inaccuracies with it.

At face value it wasn't bad, but I couldn't get over how many things they just got simply wrong. Including the entire premise of the show.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I really didn't enjoy it, but holy hell is Aubrey Plaza hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

If so...

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 09-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I really didn't enjoy it, but holy hell is Aubrey Plaza hot.
That's basically an automatic caveat to any discussion of Parks and Rec.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

BEES?!!????

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's so much win here.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I thought it was significantly better than the 1st episode this season. Except for the terrible scenes Ben had, I thought it was very good.
Same. Though downer Chris Traegor is always a bummer. Andy is still hilarious and Ron Swanson was a lot better, though maybe a little understated.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimm was pretty awesome. I did see that ending coming though, but it was a good episode.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Watching Grimm...but refusing to watch the far superior show it bastardized off of in Supernatural.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-29-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
holy hell is Aubrey Plaza hot.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Watching Grimm...but refusing to watch the far superior show it bastardized off of in Supernatural.

I hate that we both like Supernatural.