Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 4: 49ers at Jets

Week 4:
Sunday, September 30, 2012

San Francisco 49ers (2-1)
At
New York Jets (2-1)

Time: 10:00 am pst
Line: SF -4
Announcers (FOX): Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa

Obviously, the 49ers are going to lose. They have to face this guy:

HINT: NOT MARK SANCHEZ

Ok, just had to get the obligatory Tebow joke out of the way.

San Francisco is 9-2 all time against the Jets and are 5-1 against them in New York New Jersey. Niners have a better team. They should win this game. Of course, that’s pretty much exactly what I said last week against the Vikings. I overlooked them. So did the Niners. I won’t do it this week. Hopefully they don’t either.

Last weeks performance was fairly awful. They looked flat and slow and slow and also, slow. Any team in the league could have beaten them. I really think they’ll be up for this game. But it’s tough to beat Jesus’ team

Time to eat crow: I was a pre-draft believer in this guy:

HINT: NOT THE GAY GUY ON THE RIGHT

I didn’t think he’d be elite, but I pegged him as being top 15. With a Matt Schaub ceiling. I was wrong.

But there is always this:

Is Rex Ryan, like, the greatest Troll of all time?

You can’t even make fat jokes anymore. Dammit Rex.

So, ummm, this guy:

Is out because of this:

But hey, always remember, Tebow has a plan for all of us and He works in mysterious ways

The plan is to use this:

To replace this:

For reals.

But hey, always remember, Tebow has a plan for all of us and He works in mysterious ways

Too bad we don’t get to see this draft crush:

I wanted Fleener, then Hill … then a bunch of other guys … then this:

Silver lining is …

Being part Vulcan could become a huge asset down the line

I’d like to see some more of this guy in the slot:

Get him out in space and he’s a big play waiting to happen.

And please feed this beast the ball:

And finally … hey, remember this guy:

Still waiting on that first endzone fade. I’d run that play, maybe, once a ******* game at least. I mean, it’s Randy ******* Moss out there. Give him a look, … you know … like, … at least, ONCE A ******* GAME. I just don’t underst …

Amen.

Standings
NFC West
1. Arizona Cardinals (3-0)
2. San Francisco 49ers (2-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (2-1)
4. St. Louis Rams (1-2)

AFC East
1. New York Jets (2-1)
1. Buffalo Bills (2-1)
3. New England Patriots (1-2)
3. Miami Dolphins (1-2)

Special Note:

And with a simple touch, Alex Smith transfers all his Alexsmithiness to Christian Ponder.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.

Last edited by Borat : 09-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, as someone who has always prided himself on being able to objectively judge the attractiveness of anyone regardless of gender, I don't see why women think Sanchez is attractive.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Honestly, as someone who has always prided himself on being able to objectively judge the attractiveness of anyone regardless of gender, I don't see why women think Sanchez is attractive.
Well...he's not an ugly guy.

Doesn't matter. He's a celebrity. I'm sure Jonah Hill can get supermodels too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and about the game, the 49ers better win. If they lose again...it could start a downward spiral. These are the kind of bounce-back games this team needs to win. I hope it's a blowout too. If this 49ers team is the next Steelers/Ravens type team that wins a good amount of games annually and doesn't lose many back to back games, then this should be a win. More pressure is on the 49ers this week to win than the New York Jets.

By the way Harbaugh, you can pass the ball deep. Remember Moss is on your team.

Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners were 3-0 last year following a loss.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Niners were 3-0 last year following a loss.
Right, but 2011 could still be seen as a fluke season.

By the way I typed in Youngstown, Ohio in the Google image search and there is like nothing out there. Looks like a ghost town.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-29-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sure. BTW, I wasn't arguing with you, just posting that stat. I guess you could go with 4-0 off a loss if you count the week 1 win as coming off the NFCCG loss.

Harbaugh doesn't believe in losing streaks.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

By the way I typed in Youngstown, Ohio in the Google image search and there is like nothing out there. Looks like a ghost town.
Huh? Youngstown is far from a ghost town. But it's definitely not a big city. Players shouldn't be doing anything but practicing and studying film, anyways.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't the population of Youngstown only like 50,000?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think JH is afraid to let Alex Smith down field , he has no deep ball IMO. I was like throw it deep all game last week.But really no Moss at all ? Why the hell you sign him then ? Then a big peeve , is why the hell are we not passing the ball more in the 3rd quarter then like the last 4 min we have the ball?Freaking stupid . I know we are a running team but c'ome on man. PASS THE BALL MORE!! And these dinky passes 10 yards or less.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I don't think the problem is that Alex can't throw the deep ball. He threw an excellent deep ball in 2006, Norv said it was the best he ever saw after he left the 49ers. I am sure he lost some arm strength after the separated shoulder fiasco but he has still thrown some pretty deep balls since then. There are two problems, one with Alex and one with the system.

Alex's problem is that he doesn't want to throw to covered receivers because he just doesn't have the confidence that they will make a play on the ball. Moss may still be able to out-jump everyone but he hasn't looked like he can still outrun everyone. Alex isn't just going to throw it up to him.

The second, and bigger, problem is that the 49ers just aren't going deep. You can watch the games and see that there are not many deep patterns. This is a WC-style offense. The QB completes short, quick passes and the receivers get YAC. The 49ers receivers haven't been very great and getting YAC this year, though.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isn't the population of Youngstown only like 50,000?
Just under 70,000.

{redneck voice} Guess y'all city-folk thinks datsa ghost town.

I was born 3 miles from a town of 609 (last census) and live in a town of 1573 (2010 census.)

Youngstown is basically a little more than half as many people as Santa Clara.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Huh? Youngstown is far from a ghost town. But it's definitely not a big city. Players shouldn't be doing anything but practicing and studying film, anyways.
Just seems like no one is on the streets from the images I saw.

Carlos Rogers was on KNBR the other day and he sounded bored as hell. I'm sure all the players put their time in studying film and practicing, but they also get some down time too.

Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I don't think the problem is that Alex can't throw the deep ball. He threw an excellent deep ball in 2006, Norv said it was the best he ever saw after he left the 49ers. I am sure he lost some arm strength after the separated shoulder fiasco but he has still thrown some pretty deep balls since then. There are two problems, one with Alex and one with the system.

Alex's problem is that he doesn't want to throw to covered receivers because he just doesn't have the confidence that they will make a play on the ball. Moss may still be able to out-jump everyone but he hasn't looked like he can still outrun everyone. Alex isn't just going to throw it up to him.

The second, and bigger, problem is that the 49ers just aren't going deep. You can watch the games and see that there are not many deep patterns. This is a WC-style offense. The QB completes short, quick passes and the receivers get YAC. The 49ers receivers haven't been very great and getting YAC this year, though.
That's fine and all. I don't mind it really. But the 49ers need to start throwing deeper down the field when there is barely any time left on the clock and you are down by two scores. I was disappointed that they stuck with the short passing game and didn't try anything beyond a few yards when they really needed a big play.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss, Moss, Moss. The passing game is more than Moss. Everyone wants Moss to get more throws....why? Because when I re-watch the first 3 games, I see a guy who looks old out of his breaks. He's lost a step and some hops. He's still a good route runner but the explosion in and out of his breaks is m.i.a. This is not the Moss we saw in NE and Minny in the early years. I don't think he's the homerun threat ppl think. He still may be able to get behind a defense but those days of just throwing one up and watching Moss go get it are over and done. Age has caught up to him. Catches up to everyone eventually. But defense still key on him and CBs are still weary of him. So he still helps the passing game even if a pass doesn't go his way.

The guy who REALLY needs more touches is Manningham. That guys has some jets and plays with a certain explosion. He's cat-quick and elusive after the catch. Need to get him some more touches, ASAP. He is the key to opening up the passing game, not Moss.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-30-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I don't think anyone feels Moss is a No. 1 WR that should see 10-12 targets a game. But I think he should get at least ONE legitimate target when we get in the red zone. Just once a series. That doesn't seem like much of a workload for Moss. I feel everyone's frustration that if they're just going to ignore him, then he's just wasting a roster space. I don't think anyone is out of line for wondering what exactly the plan was for signing him at this point.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think anyone feels Moss is a No. 1 WR that should see 10-12 targets a game. But I think he should get at least ONE legitimate target when we get in the red zone. Just once a series. That doesn't seem like much of a workload for Moss. I feel everyone's frustration that if they're just going to ignore him, then he's just wasting a roster space. I don't think anyone is out of line for wondering what exactly the plan was for signing him at this point.
We did target him 5-6 times against the Vikings, especially early on. Alex missed him high on a couple of throws, including a TD.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
We did target him 5-6 times against the Vikings, especially early on. Alex missed him high on a couple of throws, including a TD.
Correct. But, I said IN THE REDZONE. Randy doesn't have to be a thoroughbred when we're inside the 20. His size, body-control, and hands are a huge asset that we should be giving a shot in the Redzone. I would rather target him once or twice a game in the redzone, rather than 5-6 times at midfield.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

What is wrong with throwing a bomb deep to Moss once a game? A lot of people think he is done, but we won't know until the 49ers at least try. Especially when you are down two scores. If Moss is a guy that isn't going to out jump a defensive back for a ball I want to see it with my own eyes. Then we'll know if he's actually worth being here.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 05:10 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Correct. But, I said IN THE REDZONE. Randy doesn't have to be a thoroughbred when we're inside the 20. His size, body-control, and hands are a huge asset that we should be giving a shot in the Redzone. I would rather target him once or twice a game in the redzone, rather than 5-6 times at midfield.
But we've done that EVERY game at least once, like you said. He had a p/i call against the Lions in the red-zone that put the ball at the goaline. And Alex missed him for a easy TD on a corner route against the Vikes so we are doing excatly what you asked. My complaint is for the 'we need to go deep to Moss' camp. If he's one on one, sure no problem. Fact is, he hasn't been deep, one-on-one yet. Part of Moss's value as a WR is that he dictates coverage. His presence allows for other stuff to open up elsewhere on the field. There's value in that alone. We'll take shots when the opportunity presents itself. It hasn't presented itself yet. If we send him deep and he has a safety and a CB with him, we still throw him the ball just to say we did it? Thats the logic I'm not understanding at this point. Just because you don't see the ball go to him, doesn't mean we haven't sent him deep. And if we send him deep and he takes two and three CBs with him, that doesn't mean Alex should ignore logic and just toss him jump-balls into double coverage so we can say, 'hey look....we're using him'.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-30-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

How many times was Jerry Rice doubled one on one and Montana and Rice still went to him?

How many times was Randy Moss doubled all his career and quarterbacks still went his way?

How often is Calvin Johnson doubled, yet Matt Stafford still throws to him?

If you have a playmaker you give him a chance. You don't wait for him to be in single coverage and only throw him the ball in that circumstance. If he has a step on two people, throw him the ball.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Alex is going to throw him the ball because he doesn't trust him. You can see Alex's trust in Crabs and VD; he will throw to them in tight coverage, but he won't with Randy.

And, is it just me, or does it seem like Alex throws high to Randy all the time? He did that crap last year with Crabs when they didn't have much practice together.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-30-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many times was Jerry Rice doubled one on one and Montana and Rice still went to him?

How many times was Randy Moss doubled all his career and quarterbacks still went his way?

If you have a playmaker you give him a chance. You don't wait for him to be in single coverage and only throw him the ball in that circumstance. If he has a step on two people, throw him the ball.
You can't compare 2012 Randy Moss to Jerry Rice when he played with Joe Montana or today's Calvin Johnson.

I'm not sure what Moss has left right now. That said, hopefully he sees some action today with Revis out. Or, better yet, hopefully we get an early lead and play our style of football. It's not the most exciting type of football in the league right now, but it's pretty damn effective.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's fine and all. I don't mind it really. But the 49ers need to start throwing deeper down the field when there is barely any time left on the clock and you are down by two scores. I was disappointed that they stuck with the short passing game and didn't try anything beyond a few yards when they really needed a big play.
I definitely agree. When it was clear the short passing game wasn't working very well at Minnesota we should have at least tried something different.

Quote:

That is my point, Alex doesn't have the confidence in his guy to throw it up to him. Can we really blame him after his career? We say we want him to trust his receivers but if he does that and it is intercepted he takes the blame every single time, even if it is what we as fans wanted.

Quote:
And, is it just me, or does it seem like Alex throws high to Randy all the time? He did that crap last year with Crabs when they didn't have much practice together.
I noticed that as well. I figured it was because of a miscommunication, considering how accurate Alex has been this year.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I'm with most of you hear about going deep to Randy more then once a game. I mean really, i just don't want us trying to pass the ball late int he game like in the 3 mins or less trying to gain yards. We need to do it earlier in the game like 3rd or 2nd quarter , not a whole lot but a few times a series at least .
Closed Thread