Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-27-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like GoT meets Shrek.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Heard it was really good. I might have to check it out.
I just watched it. It was really good. Definitely better than Batman Year One. I'm glad they are doing this in two parts. I can't see how they could have pulled it off in one running time of around 80 minutes. I'm anxious for part 2. I was also wasn't expecting the music in this film to be really good either. It really caught my attention.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And apparently the Red Dawn remake, which was shelved for two years because of MGM's financial troubles, was disappointing. IGN got to see it early it seems like and the verdict wasn't pleasant. Chris Hemsworth is in the main role. It comes out in November.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/red-dawn-review

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooo stoked to see Looper tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why haven't you people seen Looper yet?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw The Master. It was good.

Sorry for getting too emotional.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I'm sorry I let you get attacked by a werewolf and then ended the world."
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why haven't you people seen Looper yet?
I'll probably see it tomorrow before noon.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Looper was pretty damn great. My second favorite movie of the year. I watched my favorite movie of the year just before Looper, The Master. I love them both but The Master is the one that stuck with me and I keep thinking about.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Master isn't that thought provoking. It's too...disassembled.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hearing great stuff about sinister.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, Master isn't that thought provoking. It's too...disassembled.
How do you figure? I actually left thinking quite a bit. I feel like Anderson's approach leave's you wondering about meaning and character motivations and such. His filmmaking is quite dense and i feel like it opens up more upon rewatching probably.

Last edited by josh07039 : 09-29-2012 at 12:32 AM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Okay, maybe I overstated because it is definitely thought provoking. It's just that, it was too...unfinished in a sense. I do think Joaquin should get best actor and his scenes with PSH are electric..but bah.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-29-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looper was a very enjoyable sci fi film. I would love for more creative Sci Fis to come out more often, but maybe theyre more enjoyable when they come along less often.

Also, Splat I need to go buy Cabin in the woods. I actually may rank cabin and Looper right around the same level of awesomness. I just had alot of fun with both movies.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And apparently the Red Dawn remake, which was shelved for two years because of MGM's financial troubles, was disappointing. IGN got to see it early it seems like and the verdict wasn't pleasant. Chris Hemsworth is in the main role. It comes out in November.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/red-dawn-review
The original Red Dawn friggin sucked too.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I have watched several movies just because of Natalie Portman. I imagine I'm not the only one. Also she has had at least one other 100 plus million dollar movie I can think of off the top of my head. No Strings Attached made 150 million and was trash. I think Portman had something to do with that.
I agree with you. I saw V because it generally looked interesting, but for the common person Natalie Portman is a name people know and and can attach to. If I was describing the movie to some one who vaguely knew it, saying Natalie Portman is in it would be a major point to help them remember. She is absolutely a draw to the majority of viewers. I'd have seen the movie anyways, but she was definitely a factor in my desire to go see it.

Even in the earlier version of Judge Dredd with Stallone, they sold it as a Stallone movie and had to show his face for most of the movie even though Judge Dredd doesn't really do that. There are some exceptions, but generally studios are going to use a popular actor to sell a movie and making sure that actor gets plenty of face time is part of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

V for Vendetta is different though, that graphic novel has a large fanbase who would've gone to see that movie regardless of who played Evie. I understand Natalie Portman is a huge draw or whatever, but the main person in that story, and in fact the titular character, is V and there's really no argument to be made otherwise. It's more of an exception to the rule than anything else, but it is still proof that such a movie can be made. Halo has such a gigantic following that people will go see it no matter who the actors are. It's one of if not the biggest video game franchises of all time, and it will do well in the box office if and when it is made. It will probably suck but I would see it when it opens which I don't generally do for many movies, even ones I really wanna see. Hell, Uwe Boll or McG could direct it and I guarantee it would sell and sell big.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 09-29-2012 at 03:52 AM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Darkness is damn good. It deserved the Oscar's best foreign movie of the year award.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Portman isn't a draw, her material is. I can keep saying this and proving it by every movie she's been in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-29-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, maybe I overstated because it is definitely thought provoking. It's just that, it was too...unfinished in a sense. I do think Joaquin should get best actor and his scenes with PSH are electric..but bah.
I think they both deserve awards. Both characters are ******* fascinating and have an incredible amount of depth to them not just due to the material but also because of the performances. Most thought provoking film I have seen all year, I am still thinking about it.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Despite the mixed reviews, I still am interested in checking out Cloud Atlas.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I think they both deserve awards. Both characters are ******* fascinating and have an incredible amount of depth to them not just due to the material but also because of the performances. Most thought provoking film I have seen all year, I am still thinking about it.
Meh, PSH has done better and I wouldn't consider him award worthy for this really.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-29-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Meh, PSH has done better and I wouldn't consider him award worthy for this really.
I found there was a quiet madness to his portrayal of Lancaster Dodd that I loved. I mean I loved his freak out moments obviously but I thought he was at his best when he was attempting to restrain the beast in him. I think he did a pretty tremendous job actually. He was just as much in touch with his primal nature as Freddie yet his did his best to hide that, often times overcompensating to do so. It is when the two are alone that I feel like Dodd feels like he is aloud to be himself because in Freddie he sees someone who I think he almost wishes he could be.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so Looper sounds like it's good

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
so Looper sounds like it's good
The trailer did nothing for me but I have heard nothing but good things.