Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Wow! I don't even.

Kaeperscuses, I guess.
I wasn't blaming Kaepernick.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One was a PI, one was overthrown, one was a shaky stab by Manningham. Agree that THE TEAM needs those plays, but they're not all on Alex.
I'm not talking about the p/i one....there was another two to Crabs that Alex overthrew. And it wasn't a shaky stab, if the ball was where its supposed to be, that's six points. You can't put that on MM, it was clearly overthrown. And yes, they are on Alex. When he makes plays, I defend him. We he misses plays, I criticize. Nothing more, nothing less. If we had been playing any QB other than Sanchez, this game could have have a totally different outcome. It's the QBs job to put the ball where his guys can make plays. He had a clean pocket on those throws. His WRs clearly had their defender beat. No excuses, those plays need to be converted. At least one of them. You have to see that.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He hates me, so he just comes at me with the opposite of whatever I say. It used to be amusing, but now it's just an irritant.
Weird, I didn't even see you guys bickering in the thread. Meh.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm not talking about the p/i one....there was another two to Crabs that Alex overthrew. And it wasn't a shaky stab, if the ball was where its supposed to be, that's six points. You can't put that on MM, it was clearly overthrown. And yes, they are on Alex. When he makes plays, I defend him. We he misses plays, I criticize. Nothing more, nothing less. If we had been playing any QB other than Sanchez, this game could have have a totally different outcome. It's the QBs job to put the ball where his guys can make plays. He had a clean pocket on those throws. His WRs clearly had their defender beat. No excuses, those plays need to be converted. At least one of them. You have to see that.
Agree 100%. Those were overthrows.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Weird, I didn't even see you guys bickering in the thread. Meh.
I have to ignore him most of the time. He's just a contrarian and I hate e-arguing.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Meh. Could have been worse. Cassel or Fitzpatrick might have thrown a pick. Gabbert too maybe?

But yeah, those deep throws need to be worked on. I don't know if Alex can improve his deep ball accuracy, but...he needs to do something. I'm glad they at least tried attacking down the field every so often instead of well, just not doing it.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasn't blaming Kaepernick.
Exactly. What would you have said if Alex threw a bomb into triple coverage?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Meh. Could have been worse. Cassel or Fitzpatrick might have thrown a pick. Gabbert too maybe?

But yeah, those deep throws need to be worked on. I don't know if Alex can improve his deep ball accuracy, but...he needs to do something. I'm glad they at least tried attacking down the field every so often instead of well, just not doing it.
They may not have connected on the deep throws, but that really opened up the middle of the field which is the important side-effect of stretching the defense deep.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
What phylsac said, he only really missed one of those.

I don't think his deep accuracy is all that bad. It isn't great but it is at least average. The 49ers offense just doesn't go deep.
I understand that and accept that. What do you think me and Ness having been arguing about in regards to taking deep shots to Moss? But when we DO go deep....and two of those throws were more intermediate touch throws that could have gone for huge gains because it was man coverage, you need your QB to make them pay for going one-on-one versus your playmakers. That's the reason we brought them here....to beat man coverage, which they did. Their QB failed to do his part and deliver a catchable ball in those instances.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And it wasn't a shaky stab, if the ball was where its supposed to be, that's six points. You can't put that on MM, it was clearly overthrown.
I disagree. It wasn't a "drop" but timing is so very, very important on those throws. It hit Manningham's hand in-stride. It was "almost" perfectly thrown, and then you consider the speed lost when Manningham had to hand-fight Wilson.

There's a difference between barely missing on a bomb or completely overthrowing a bomb.

Agree that connnections need to be made, but I'm not blaming a bad throw IN THAT INSTANCE.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I really hope we get Manningham more touches. He looks dangerous out there.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Hey Smith 11.9 yards per pass today.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Exactly. What would you have said if Alex threw a bomb into triple coverage?
That Moss didn't haul in the pass. Just like I said here.

Don't know what you're getting at.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Yep. 11.9/pass. 284 yards rushing. 34-0 victory. Sadly we're spending our time arguing QB play. :(
Old 09-30-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yep. 11.9/pass. 284 yards rushing. 34-0 victory. Sadly we're spending our time arguing QB play. :(
I tried to switch it to Manningham! lol.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

The thing is, after seeing Alex deliver beautiful touch passes to VD during the playoffs last year, I thought Alex had turned a corner in his accuracy and touch. But it seems if its not VD, his touch disappears. He threw a nice touch pass to VD today. I don't know if he just trust VD more so he just throws it up and worries less but its evident he doesn't posses that same touch to other WRs.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Well anyways, I'm going to be in China and Macau for the next three games. I might be able to see them via streams though. I can always torrent them later.

The Bills come here next. Should be a win and more turnovers for our defense. Fitzpatrick is trigger happy.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
The thing is, after seeing Alex deliver beautiful touch passes to VD during the playoffs last year, I thought Alex had turned a corner in his accuracy and touch. But it seems if its not VD, his touch disappears. He threw a nice touch pass to VD today. I don't know if he just trust VD more so he just throws it up and worries less but its evident he doesn't posses that same touch to other WRs.
Well he's been around Davis a very long time. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Quote:
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand that and accept that. What do you think me and Ness having been arguing about in regards to taking deep shots to Moss? But when we DO go deep....and two of those throws were more intermediate touch throws that could have gone for huge gains because it was man coverage, you need your QB to make them pay for going one-on-one versus your playmakers. That's the reason we brought them here....to beat man coverage, which they did. Their QB failed to do his part and deliver a catchable ball in those instances.
I felt that Smith dropped it in perfectly to Manningham. Manningham had just been held, which wouldn't have even mattered if he hadn't started running to the middle of the field instead of staying on the sideline. The one the Crabtree was a huge overthrow, though. No excuses
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I absolutely agree. There HAS to be some accountability outside of the QB if he is deadly accurate to one guy but often "just misses" to others.

Again, I say "some" accountability. Not "all."
Old 09-30-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I'm just stumped why Delanie Walker and Bruce Miller were targeted 5 times more than VD and Moss, combined.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Well he's been around Davis a very long time. Maybe that has something to do with it.
I agree that continuity and familiarity and reps have a TON to do with it.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I disagree. It wasn't a "drop" but timing is so very, very important on those throws. It hit Manningham's hand in-stride. It was "almost" perfectly thrown, and then you consider the speed lost when Manningham had to hand-fight Wilson.

There's a difference between barely missing on a bomb or completely overthrowing a bomb.

Agree that connnections need to be made, but I'm not blaming a bad throw IN THAT INSTANCE.
It hit Manningham's hand(not plural). And he had to leap to get that one hand on it barely. Yes, timing is part of it but a open WR streaking down the sidelines shouldn't require a after practice throwing session. Most starting NFL QBs should make that throw, 9 times out of 10. I'm not putting it all of it on Alex. I'm not happy with the play-calling to some extent too. But those 3 throws are ones I expect Alex to make. He didn't make them.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also think it's because VD is so strong, his speed and body don't't get altered by any contact. On his overthrows today, there was always contact between Wr and DB, and Alex missed by a hair.

I was more upset with those sacks Alex took, the overthrows were more of a team breakdown. Can't be taking those drive killing sacks.

Last edited by binary : 09-30-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I absolutely agree. There HAS to be some accountability outside of the QB if he is deadly accurate to one guy but often "just misses" to others.

Again, I say "some" accountability. Not "all."
But that's a slippery slope. So I have to wait for 5 year before Alex develops that same touch with other WRs? That doesn't strike you as odd? It shouldn't be that difficult a task is all I'm saying. I see different QBs balling with back-up WRs, new additions just activated or picked up off the waiver wire every week that they haven't had much time with. Alex is just not very accurate the longer the ball is in the air. That's the bottom line. Doesn't mean we can't win with him but let's call it what it is.
Closed Thread