We're a little over a quarter of the way through the 2012 NFL season and there have already been some requests to do a forum mock.
The plan is for me to extrapolate a draft order based on the results so far this season and complete 3 rounds of the 2013 draft.
Sign up is simple. Simply send an email with the following information to me at email@example.com:
2.) Cell Phone #:
3.) Preferred Teams:
Your cell phone number will only be used for me to text you when you are up if you wish. It can be helpful to avoid me picking for you and you can also text me your pick if you are unable to get to a computer.
If you are willing to take any team, please say so. It helps us fill up faster gives me more flexibility when assigning teams. I know some of you frequently take teams that aren't your own, so if you really want your own team this time, let me know and I'll do my best to get you that team.
Please also include if you are willing to work with a Co-GM. Co-GMs are expected to work together and to keep eachother apprised of possible moves or deals. Both will have the power to make trades or selections.
There will be a 2 hour time limit for the first round and a 1 hour time limit for all other rounds. The clock will stop between Midnight and 9am Eastern.
These are the hours I will be awake and most active, so please send big boards if you aren't going to be around during that time.
Speaking of boards, Please for the love of god send them if you aren't going to be around!
This makes things easier and more efficient all around for everyone.
Additionally, the time limit is not for you to sit around and wait for a trade offer. Please try to work those out before hand via conditional trades. (Ex. If player A is on the board, this trade goes through. If not, no trade.) If it is your pick and I see that you are only wasting time waiting for a trade, I reserve the right to cut your time limit in half. I will be fair and if I can tell you are actively working on one, I won't penalize you. But sitting there asking "does anyone want to trade?" over and over while wasting time will not fly.
To submit a trade, have both parties send me a PM, email or message on IRC if I am there
. I must receive the details from both sides. You can send it via any of those methods, just make sure it gets to me.
Also, all trades must involve at least one draft pick.
No player for player trades here. I reserve the right to veto any trades that I find unrealistic. In pick for pick trades, try to stick close to the "Official Trade Chart" though I won't force you to be exact.
Another thing, please sign into IRC
when you can. It's helpful for discussing the draft and working out trades and such. You can login here: http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/
I'll be on when I can. Channel is #forummock I think. (Someone can correct me.)
Use your username from here when you sign it. It can sometimes be helpful to add a "(Team X GM) after your name so people know.
I'll take email applications until I can fill up all the teams. I don't plan on taking a team, though if there are leftovers, I'll step in.
The plan is to take applications this week and start up with a time limit on Wednesday Oct. 10.
The reason for this is because I will not be around at all this weekend. I will give everyone a few days to sign up and I will also try to PM the regulars to make sure they are aware of this.
Official Draft Order/Team Assignments:
- Cleveland Browns (0-5, 2-14) - Shane
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4, 3-13) - Unbiased
- Tennessee Titans (1-4, 3-13) - PrinceFielder
- Kansas City Chiefs (1-4, 3-13) - T-Rich49
- Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12) - RaiderNation
- Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12) - Caddy
- Carolina Panthers (1-4, 4-12) - ncst8fan
- Indianapolis Colts (2-2, 5-11) - MaxV/Killxswitch
- Miami Dolphins (2-3, 5-11) - Grizzlegom
- Buffalo Bills (2-3, 5-11) - RedBills
- New Orleans Saints (1-4, 5-11) - CJ
- New York Jets (2-3, 6-10) - Derza/Hurricanes
- Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10) - Broth
- Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10) - D-Unit
- St. Louis Rams (3-2, 7-9) - TheBoyWonder22
- Washington Redskins (2-3, 7-9) - BeerBaron
- Seattle Seahawks (3-2, 8-8) - Shane
- New York Giants (3-2, 9-7) - Scottyboy/OSUGiants
- Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2, 9-7) - Hines
- Green Bay Packers (2-3, 10-6) - SuperPacker
- Denver Broncos (2-3, 10-6)* - DraftGuru
- Minnesota Vikings (4-1, 10-6)* - Prock
- Cincinnati Bengals (3-2, 10-6)* - Docta
- Arizona Cardinals (4-1, 10-6)* - Fenikz
- Philadelphia Eagles (3-2, 10-6)** - ToddBertuzzi
- Chicago Bears (4-1, 11-5)** - JRDrylie
- New England Patriots (3-2, 11-5)** - MatthewJones
- San Diego Chargers (3-2, 11-5)** - Marshallb
- Baltimore Ravens (4-1, 12-4)** - Tackle
- San Francisco 49ers (4-1, 12-4)** - PrinceFielder
- Atlanta Falcons (5-0, 13-3)** - Bosanac
- Houston Texans (5-0, 13-3)** - ImBrotherCain