Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-01-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 5: Packers at Colts

Man where does the time go.... we have already finished the 1st quarter of the season at 2-2.. I don't see no reason we can't do this quarter at 3-1 or 4-0 with some luck.

This is our easiest game this year but no game in the NFL is easy. The Colts are coming off a bye and they will be fighting for their HC after he was diagnosed with leukemia. I expect us to win but we can't look ahead to Houston.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

I'm going to this game can't wait.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I'm going to this game can't wait.
That's really cool... is it your 1st or have you been to others? I've seen da Pack twice in Lambeau. The very 1st row it was awesome. Anyways even though you'll be outnumbered cheer hard and cheer us to victory.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win or I cry.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
This is our easiest game this year but .....
There's no way this is our easiest game of the year.
It's in their park. They are the only team to beat Minnesota so far this year. The Niners didn't, and the Lions didn't. The Colts did.

We have a home game against the crappy Jaguars, and the crappy Tennessee Tuxedo's. Both of these should be easier than this one.

Anyway, it's our first noon game of the year so far..... 4 of the next 5 are noon games. Let's get back to normal here and start pounding people.

We scored 28 last week which was our high for the year and everyone is all excited. Last year, we scored MORE than 28 points in 11 games out of 16. I'm not that excited about 28.

We should be able to score at least 30 in the RCA/Indy/Lucas Oil dome if Rodgers gets decent protection. Which means if McCarthy calls a nice balance of running plays so the DEs/OLBs don't just totally go after the QB like Seattle did in half one.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to continue to run the football!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
It's in their park. They are the only team to beat Minnesota so far this year. The Niners didn't, and the Lions didn't. The Colts did.

We have a home game against the crappy Jaguars, and the crappy Tennessee Tuxedo's. Both of these should be easier than this one.

Anyway, it's our first noon game of the year so far..... 4 of the next 5 are noon games. Let's get back to normal here and start pounding people.

We scored 28 last week which was our high for the year and everyone is all excited. Last year, we scored MORE than 28 points in 11 games out of 16. I'm not that excited about 28.

We should be able to score at least 30 in the RCA/Indy/Lucas Oil dome if Rodgers gets decent protection. Which means if McCarthy calls a nice balance of running plays so the DEs/OLBs don't just totally go after the QB like Seattle did in half one.
I'll admit I haven't seen the Colts play this year yet, however their edge rushers historically do not play the run at all. Their number one aim is to rush the passer. Not sure if that has changed much with Pagano however the one bright spot of their defense is their edge rushers, even with Freeney being mis cast.

I would be surprised if the Pack don't win by double digits this week. Clay Matthews should be all over Luck and Indy don't have enough weapons to do enough damage against your secondary.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Vontae Davis is still out Rogers will destroy the Colts' secondary. We have Davis, Powers, and nobody after that. Though we are getting Dwight Freeney back so he and Mathis (4 sacks in 3 games so far) might make Rogers throw a little faster than he would otherwise want to.

On the flipside I am terrified of what Mathews might do to Luck. Our OL is not doing well this year, even when healthy.

I also expect quite a few Packers fans at Lucas Oil. Which is unfortunate because I'd like to see a strong show of support for Coach Pags. But GB isn't THAT far away, and Packer Nation seems like it's everywhere.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

Relax dude... I meant easiest game so far this year..

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Relax dude... I meant easiest game so far this year..
That's what I hoped you meant.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there is a talent imbalance in this particular matchup but they better not take the Colts lightly. The Colts will be at home and I expect they'll come out playing with an emotional edge given coach Pagano's absence.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I know there is a talent imbalance in this particular matchup but they better not take the Colts lightly. The Colts will be at home and I expect they'll come out playing with an emotional edge given coach Pagano's absence.
In any match-up like this, where we clearly have the talent edge, the key has to be to jump out to a quick start and get on the board early. The longer we allow a re-building team with a young quarterback to stick around at home, the more confidence they'll play with as the game goes on. With the regular refs back and us being able to actually run a hurry-up offense, I'm not concerned with this team being able to get out to a lead early and build on it.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Davon House has resumed practicing in full and should be active for Sunday's game

Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Davon House has resumed practicing in full and should be active for Sunday's game
Awesome about time.... he has the #31, he has the dreads now lets hope he can be as good. He looked the part early on.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Jennings ruled out according to PFT.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jennings ruled out according too PFT.
Not surprising. They've been hinting all week at shutting him down until 100%.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not surprising. They've been hinting all week at shutting him down until 100%.
And so we should. We don't wanna lose him for even longer and it would be nice to have him fully fit for the end of the regular season and going into the playoffs (if we make it).

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

So do they activate another WR or keep both Crabtee and Williams active? Seems like those two have been alternating week by week.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
So do they activate another WR or keep both Crabtee and Williams active? Seems like those two have been alternating week by week.
I'd have Williams active

Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJ Williams was one of my favorite prospects in his class. I think he is a great fit for the Packers, does the little things and has great hands. Is not the athlete Finley is but I still think he will be a great fit for that offense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
DJ Williams was one of my favorite prospects in his class. I think he is a great fit for the Packers, does the little things and has great hands. Is not the athlete Finley is but I still think he will be a great fit for that offense.
Williams showed in the pre-season that he has improved greatly and I wish the coaching staff would take advantage of his abilities. I think a package where we have Williams and Cobb in the backfield with Jennings/Jones, Nelson, and Finley out wide would be a headache and mismatch for any opposing defense.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Coming from you, with Gronk & Hernandez, that sounds good.

Yeah I wish they'd activate Boykin but they'll just dress 4 WR's.

Hopefully we see more of Driver this week. I remember his last trip to the Indy dome.... he was pretty good there. No reason he can't contribute big time still.

I hope the gametime decision of Freeney is to sit & watch.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Davon House will not play vs the Colts.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
He shouldn't.
Make sure he gets fully healthy.... we don't need him yet anyway, as we've been pretty healthy so far back there.
Tramon, Shields, Hayward, Bush... the Colts don't have too many weapons. Just Reggie Wayne who I obtained this week in FFL, so he won't do anything anyway.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Awe crap, better to wait and be safe anyways with him. It would be nice to see DD more hes still got moves we all know dat.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher