Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
I was just wondering, if the Titans make the playoffs is that still part of the suspension? Or could he play?
Us making the playoff with him was a very small chance, but without him, i doubt we will even sniff the playoffs.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
They definately have a shot at making it IMO.
i really doubt it. they lost henry, bennet, and jones, who were three of there best players.

idc if he does because it wont work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
i really doubt it. they lost henry, bennet, and jones, who were three of there best players.

idc if he does because it wont work
Bennett wasn't even in are top 10 best players.....

Old 04-14-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it 16 games and playoffs?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Who is PacMan going to appeal it to? The man that suspended him in the first place.

If he takes it to the courts, that can be tied up for a long time.

Pacman needs to look in the mirror to see who the real problem is.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

There is no point in appealing the suspension. Nothing will change.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be in the minority, but I hope Jones wins his appeal and his suspension is shortened. Don't get me wrong, he obviously needs to clean up his act and stay out of trouble, but at this point in time he hasn't been convicted of anything whereas Chris Henry has so if Goodell wanted to come out swinging it should have been Henry getting the brunt of the suspension. Jones has no convictions to date, whereas Henry has convictions in multiple states and even Tank Johnson is in jail. Making Jones the "poster boy" at this stage of events is placating to the media, and IMO takes away from the spirit of these actions.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Bennett wasn't even in are top 10 best players.....
ok, are you implying that your team is better of without bennet? cause if you are, your crazy. Id much rather be throwing to bennett than brandon jones, bobby wade, richie ross, david givens, and roydell williams. Im not a tennessee fan, but i watched almost every one of their games ( i live in knoxville). He might not have been your ten best players, but he was your best reciever, and now young doesn't have a rewliable target to throw to.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
The Titans had already regressed in almost every facet before this.

Now it's total.

If Vince Young turns into the next Steve Young next year, it won't matter. He has NO talent around him, on either side of the ball.
Their OLine should only improve going into this season. With a QB like Vince that should make them respectable. RB is a position that is easily filled if you have the OLine in place already. WR is a concern obviously, and their defense just lost its best player, but they are a young team, who should improve and they are only a good draft away from a shot. Obviously being in the AFC hurts them a lot as far as having a chance to make the playoffs but they are solid.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
PapaBearHalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I may be in the minority, but I hope Jones wins his appeal and his suspension is shortened. Don't get me wrong, he obviously needs to clean up his act and stay out of trouble, but at this point in time he hasn't been convicted of anything whereas Chris Henry has so if Goodell wanted to come out swinging it should have been Henry getting the brunt of the suspension. Jones has no convictions to date, whereas Henry has convictions in multiple states and even Tank Johnson is in jail. Making Jones the "poster boy" at this stage of events is placating to the media, and IMO takes away from the spirit of these actions.
Uh, Pac-Man is implicated in an incident where a man was paralyzed. Heny and Johnson's behavior, while stupid and certainly dangerous, did not lead to physical harm to a third party. The fact that this punk hasn't been convicted is hardly convincing given there are over a dozen witnesses and video to the incident. This is the type of case where defense cousel can only hope the prosecutor spent the weekend prior to initial plea discussions with Jenna Jameson, or, alternatively, is Marcia Clark.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a kick out of what Jim Rome just said about the situation. He said Pacman shouldn't complain about the suspension, he should consider it a lifetime achievement award.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Adam Jones?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Who is Adam Jones?
Pacman.

yadadamean
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I got a kick out of what Jim Rome just said about the situation. He said Pacman shouldn't complain about the suspension, he should consider it a lifetime achievement award.
eehh screw jim rome.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just incase people beleive he is out best player on defense, keith bulluck and chris hope are better than he is
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
ok, are you implying that your team is better of without bennet? cause if you are, your crazy. Id much rather be throwing to bennett than brandon jones, bobby wade, richie ross, david givens, and roydell williams. Im not a tennessee fan, but i watched almost every one of their games ( i live in knoxville). He might not have been your ten best players, but he was your best reciever, and now young doesn't have a rewliable target to throw to.
No i'm not saying we are better off without Drew, but he wasn't a huge loss and it didn't bother me and alot of other titans fan when he signed with the Rams. Drew isn't a #1 WR, and we already have two other #2 WR on the team Brandon Jones (Alot more potential than Drew had) and David Givens (I'm not that huge on him, but he can make the same if not more impact than Drew did). I was more upset at losing Wade than Bennett....

Old 04-17-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearHalas View Post
Uh, Pac-Man is implicated in an incident where a man was paralyzed. Heny and Johnson's behavior, while stupid and certainly dangerous, did not lead to physical harm to a third party. The fact that this punk hasn't been convicted is hardly convincing given there are over a dozen witnesses and video to the incident. This is the type of case where defense cousel can only hope the prosecutor spent the weekend prior to initial plea discussions with Jenna Jameson, or, alternatively, is Marcia Clark.
While I respect your views, I must add that your obviously biased opinion of Jones is exactly my point so to speak. While I abhor his conduct off the field and in no way condone it, how exactly does he get a longer suspension then a guy with convictions, including offenses with minors? Its not like he's the first to have off the field infractions, see Nate Newton, Michael Irvin, Lawrence Taylor, but I feel that they, Roger Goodell, is really making Jones to be the sacrificial lamb so to speak for all of the negativity when others are not exactly held up in the same light. I feel Jones has a solid case on this appeal if he chooses to and I can't see the Players Association not trying to lend him support in some way. The bottomline is that all players need to conduct themselves in an appropiate manor off the field.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
PapaBearHalas

To be bias implies that I made some type of judgment prior to consideration of the facts that precluded objectivity. That is not the case here. When Jones came into the league I had no opinion of him whatsoever. In fact, despite his prior conduct before this incident I had no strong opinion of him (although he may have been somewhat suspect). Based largely on this incident, however, I have formed an opinion of his character. That is not bias; that is judgment. Indeed, I could certainly be wrong in my judgment; but you must admit that so far it doesn't look like it. In fact, if you are unwilling to acknowledge this, itmust be you who are biased.

Also, not to be confrontational but you are still missing the point. Society, and by extension prosecutors, judges and juries, properly and justifiably places a greater emphasis on physical harm done to others than on self-inflicted physical harm or strictly "moral harm". If someone had been injured due to the conduct of the guys that were caught with drugs or guns, I assure you people would be more upset than they were and the punishments, both in court and in public opinion, would have been more severe. Try telling the guy who was paralyzed by one of his thugs that Pac-man is getting the short-end for sitting out 16 games.

A better example for your position would be Ray Lewis, whose conduct (re: the murder charge)was highly questionable (arguably worse than Pac-Man's) and somehow evaded punishmnent by the NFL.