Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Barden was explosive he would have been a first round pick. He definitely lost speed from the injury but he doesn't have everything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Barden to be covered by Nnamdi. Here is why: Barden has trouble beating press, he isn't very agile or great at routes but he knows how to use body positioning from looking at the film versus Carolina. DRC vs. Cruz is going to be more doable with a bracket coverage, and Nnamdi has trouble with him anyway.

This all boils down to our run game, Bennett, and our third WR winning isolation routes.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that sucks.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really dont understand why we didn't run it again on 2nd down, spiked it, and then had a 40-something yard field goal

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys.

If there's one positive you can take away I guess it's that it looks like your secondary concerns should be fine after the first two weeks. Granted most of those problems stemmed from injuries but getting Prince back last week was a huge boost and he looked great again tonight. Sucks that you might lose KP though just when you were almost starting to get healthy back there. Between him and Prince that might be a frustrating duo over the next few years.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, I'm gonna be MIA until the Browns game. I don't want to hear about football, smell football, or think about football until then. I need to block this stink out of my mind.

Great game, but I'm so pissed that we lost.

And Perry Fewell is a turd. Gilbride called a great game, Coughlin screwed up at the end of the game, this wasn't Tynes fault, but god I hate Perry Fewell.

And Corey Webster looks washed up. He's not the same Corey from the last 4 years.

That is all. See ya in a week.

******* Eagles.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with all of that. I can't remember the last time Coughlin screwed up that bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was the last time we even attempted a 50+ yarder with Tynes?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tynes should be able to kick that. 54 yarder by a NFL kicker should be made. I listened to the radio because I was out all day, and I kept hearing of kickers making long FGs, and one guy hit a 60 yarder.

But knowing us I knew that Tynes would miss it. That's something that would happen for us. Get a penalty move backwards and then miss a GWing FG.

Barden can't do that to a CB. On the other hand, Wilson impressed me. Put him in the game little by little.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tynes can't kick that. We all knew it. I'm not even mad at him about it even though I can't stand him.

I'm just upset because everyone is quite aware of Tynes limitations with distance. So much that we rarely ever attempt anything over 50 yards. So why with 15 seconds left and one more down to play would you take the ball out of the hands of the best player on either team, to put it on the leg of a kicker who you know can't hit it.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Tynes can't kick that. We all knew it. I'm not even mad at him about it even though I can't stand him.

I'm just upset because everyone is quite aware of Tynes limitations with distance. So much that we rarely ever attempt anything over 50 yards. So why with 15 seconds left and one more down to play would you take the ball out of the hands of the best player on either team, to put it on the leg of a kicker who you know can't hit it.
He has to! Or time to find another kicker. An NFL kicker who can't make a 54 yarder? Or f that a NFL kicker who can't reach the goal posts on a 54 yarder? That's very troubling. But maybe he can kick it in practice, but just missed it. Perhaps that's the case. But either way, he has to be able to make that.

I wanted another play run, and see what happens. But if you get tackled and can't stop the clock you are screwed. We need to do something to the offense to allow our backups to be consistently productive.

Nicks is always hurt it seems year after year! They will double cruz and aggressive press teams will dare the other guys to get a clean break off the LOS, and be able to still run the right choice and option routes.

I hope our next system has less choice and option routes. I am tired of seeing Eli making gestures with his hands for guys to make adjustments.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The bottom line, at least in my opinion, is that the chances of making a completion and having the clock run out on you is far less than Tynes missing the kick.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Barden needs to play better. That dropped pass hurt us earlier in the drive. I am just tired of this complex system. It's the same stuff year after year. True, we won 2 SB, but I think our offensive would be even more productive in another system. Except for Nicks, and Cruz, I trust no one running routes. In fact, watching this system for so long, when the ball is thrown by Eli, I wonder if the guy is even in the vicinity. I eagerly wait for the tv camera to pan to see if there is a player of ours there or is the guy doing god knows what else.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
When was the last time we even attempted a 50+ yarder with Tynes?
Years ago I would imagine. His career long is 53 so why not run one more play. Also the more I think about it how the heck did we only score 17 points with the field position Wilson gave us all night. Just terrible.

Eli was two blame the offensive PI. It was a terrible pass just like it was aterrible pass in the end zone for the INT.

Tynes has the leg for a 54. On the ice timeout he booted it but was inaccurate.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 10-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm super worried about our D-Line. Where is the pass rush? Where are these guys. It's incredible how bad they've been. That Eagles OL is straight up trash and we did a terrible job yesterday regardless of what the number say. Tuck said they got less aggressive because of the KP injury. Ridiculous excuse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm super worried about our D-Line. Where is the pass rush? Where are these guys. It's incredible how bad they've been. That Eagles OL is straight up trash and we did a terrible job yesterday regardless of what the number say. Tuck said they got less aggressive because of the KP injury. Ridiculous excuse.
Our defense at certain spots is showing signs of age. Webster is one of these guys, and I believe, both Tuck and Osi are as well. Osi is gone next year, and if Tuck plays like this I am not sure I'd give the guy an extension. Good leader, and now the voice of the defense, but I'd rather invest that money elsewhere. I think at this current juncture, our DL is over rated, or going by reputation and name alone.

I don't see them being that good anymore. Tuck's injuries look to be catching up to him, and Osi, is disappearing more times than showing up.

I can see this defense getting a complete face list in the future. The aged and injured players won't be extended, and us playing younger, healthier guys.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Good post NYG. It's very possible this defense just aged over night. Everyone might be walking soon. How could Tuck and Osi completely dissapear in an offseason though? I don't get it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are still probably the most dangerous 2-2 team out there... that is, if it ain't the Redskins. RG3 is absolutely killin' it! His comeback yesterday was fricken unreal.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Good post NYG. It's very possible this defense just aged over night. Everyone might be walking soon. How could Tuck and Osi completely dissapear in an offseason though? I don't get it.
Well Tuck did struggle early on, but most people assume that's because of injuries. Maybe he's just conserving his strength for the second half, I'm not really sure.

Osi just seems like he's lost a step and is now purely a one trick pony. His whole game is getting the first step off the line and beating his man around the corner and now that's gone.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up with JPP? I have him in fantasy and he's not doing me ANY favors compared to other DL.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Probably because the entire offensive line is trying to block him. He's getting a ton of pressure and stopping the run like a mad man, it's just not showing up in terms of sacks.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

JPP is SO strong. All he needs to do is get his hands on the side of your leg, and you're going down.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Probably because the entire offensive line is trying to block him. He's getting a ton of pressure and stopping the run like a mad man, it's just not showing up in terms of sacks.
Got me 2 tackles yesterday. Not quite the mad man I was hoping for.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Got me 2 tackles yesterday. Not quite the mad man I was hoping for.
I thought he had a really good game last night except for 1 play. The rest of the line isn't showing up. And if him and Osi are in on the same play, you can guarantee any run play called will be run at Osi.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

JPP has been a monster. He's doing just as well as last year it's not showing up in the stats.

Osi played run terrible yesterday but the LB's and CB's were also no where to be found on those Mccoy outsiders. Just a terrible job by the D overall on that.

sig by BoneKrusher