Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-01-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Good post NYG. It's very possible this defense just aged over night. Everyone might be walking soon. How could Tuck and Osi completely dissapear in an offseason though? I don't get it.
It wouldn't be the first time a team or a side of the ball took a nose dive. Seattle Seahawks had the best OL at one point and a good back in Alexander. It all seemed like once Steve Hutchinson left for the Vikings, that things changed. That OL got older and fell of a cliff, and Alexander couldn't do anything.

I feel like this fork in the road or early symptoms could be red light in that this defense is now older in some spots. Perhaps injuries have accelerated things. Webster looks older, and Osi and Tuck haven't been the same.

We will have to make cuts and decide not to re-sign players that are fan favorites. I can see this happening on the defense and offense. But defensive may have to do with age vs production.

KP
Rolle
Webster
Tuck
Os
Boley perhaps
Maybe even Canty

I'd hate to be Reese and have to decide who stays and who goes. With the offense we could see changes too. One major one is Bradshaw, who i like. He may be a guy that be cut because of salary vs the production he has put up.

Look at it this way. With all this we managed 2 SBs in our window. Now it's time to add younger guys, PLAY them, and develop them. We can be emotional and invest money in the older guys that were here, but I think that's not the way to do it for the future.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just hope that when Canty goes back our D steps it up again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's just hope that when Canty goes back our D steps it up again.
He is another guy that will be watched closely. He will be turning 30 this Nov. and is getting paid a lot. If he isn't playing well, then he could be very well gone. I doubt we will pay him for avg production. So these are all the decisions that await Reese.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

MCL Sprain for Phillips - Week to Week
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
MCL Sprain for Phillips - Week to Week
About the best we could hope for.

The Nicks thing sounds a lot more serious know than they're letting on. Without him we're probably done if the D is going to continue to play like crap.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
About the best we could hope for.

The Nicks thing sounds a lot more serious know than they're letting on. Without him we're probably done if the D is going to continue to play like crap.
You know about Nicks, I forget he is only 24 years old. The way he gets hurt constantly, one would guess he is 28-30 years old. Close to getting older, and perhaps slower. Injuries wearing on him. And then I check his stats out and see the kid is 24 years old!!!!! 24!!!!!! And yet has he ever played a full season? It seems like year after year something is wrong with him.

I love his talent, but if you had a break the bank for him, would you? I always would say yes, but now, not so much. I want him re-signed, but I'd put a price on him, and if he wants more then let him leave. The fact he gets hurt what seems year after year bothers me.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm super worried about our D-Line. Where is the pass rush? Where are these guys. It's incredible how bad they've been. That Eagles OL is straight up trash and we did a terrible job yesterday regardless of what the number say. Tuck said they got less aggressive because of the KP injury. Ridiculous excuse.
4 things:

1. Teams are max protecting a lot vs us. And Fewell isn't adjusting by bringing more pressure.

2. Tuck just isn't a great pass rusher. He's much better rushing inside as a DT, but as an overall pass rusher he's always been overrated. His best season he had 12 sacks (I think), and he's never had big sack totals. He's versatile, but with age and injuries, I would give serious consideration on not re-signing him bc his price tag will exceed his production moving forward.

3. Kiwi is an avg pass rusher. A 8 sack a season guy in a full time role, nothing more.

4. Osi is Osi. He'll be fine.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Marvin Austin healthy?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
You know about Nicks, I forget he is only 24 years old. The way he gets hurt constantly, one would guess he is 28-30 years old. Close to getting older, and perhaps slower. Injuries wearing on him. And then I check his stats out and see the kid is 24 years old!!!!! 24!!!!!! And yet has he ever played a full season? It seems like year after year something is wrong with him.

I love his talent, but if you had a break the bank for him, would you? I always would say yes, but now, not so much. I want him re-signed, but I'd put a price on him, and if he wants more then let him leave. The fact he gets hurt what seems year after year bothers me.
Nicks is a beast. And these injuries will actually bring the price down, it's a blessing in disguise.

Nicks has a lot of Fitzgerald in him the way he attacks the ball in the air.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Nicks is a beast. And these injuries will actually bring the price down, it's a blessing in disguise.

Nicks has a lot of Fitzgerald in him the way he attacks the ball in the air.
You'd hope it does. If not, then what? I am not paying for a guy who gets hurt every single year. Well, I am not actually paying anyways, but you get the idea. I don't want us investing in Nicks for a large sum, if the guy gets hurt year after year.

Nicks talent is never the issue. It's if the guy will bless us and play that day or will he be out.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nicks absolutely needs to be re-signed. Like BBD said hopefulyl we'll get him cheaper because of the injuries.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yes and he's playing but this is his first football in over 2 years so I didn't expect much early. Hopefully he slowly gets better as the year goes on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Hopefully, yes. But if the price remains high then what? Do you break the bank for a player who is always hurt? And it's not hurt and playing. It's seems to be hurt and out for games.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If he plays 14 games a year he's worth every penny. It's usually nothing major with him up to this point just weird stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
If he plays 14 games a year he's worth every penny. It's usually nothing major with him up to this point just weird stuff.
Well it's leg stuff. That's what bothers me. Knee, hamstring, screw in the toe type stuff. And the dude is only 24! Look how it has effected Bradshaw. Like I said, I'd re-sign him, but I am not breaking the bank for him by any means.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Honestly...even if he is healthy, who cares. I didn't like the pick then, and now with him being out of football for 2 years and some change, it definitely looks like a wasted draft pick.

I'm not holding my breath for him. Never liked him.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just have a sour taste in my mouth after that one.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*shrug* It's probably cause I saw it coming but I'd have been more pissed if we just failed to show up.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its even worse because i pretty much guaranteed a win to the girl im with whos an eagles fan and live in PA for college. I'll be hearing this for months...

edit: at least it wasn't as bad as last time the eagles beat the giants. a kid whipped out his dick and started flailing it around right next to me, damn rednecks.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
its even worse because i pretty much guaranteed a win to the girl im with whos an eagles fan and live in PA for college. I'll be hearing this for months...

edit: at least it wasn't as bad as last time the eagles beat the giants. a kid whipped out his dick and started flailing it around right next to me, damn rednecks.
Just laugh and ask her when's the last time they won the Super Bowl. Works every time.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Just laugh and ask her when's the last time they won the Super Bowl. Works every time.
i sent her a picture of the eagles trophy case, i was surprised she knew what i was getting at lol

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the season so far is any indication it may in fact be time to cut ties with Webster. Obviously there's still plenty of time to turn it around but at 30 it's starting to look like his best days might be behind him. The only problem is as evidenced early on this year, CB isn't exactly your deepest position. Prince looks like he'll be solid but injuries are a big concern there. I think you guys might end up targeting a big FA this summer and try to go for the one year turnover like we've seen recently with the Eagles(DRC/Nnamdi) and then this year with the Cowboys(Carr/Claiborne). The highlights of this year's FA class look like Talib, DRC, Shields, Grimes, McCourty, etc... I think Shields, DRC and McCourty are re-signed. I don't really see Grimes as a #1 and Talib has been just as bad and probably worse than Webster early on this year so other than a few years it's not like that would be a huge upgrade. I'm not ready to write off Webster at all just yet but if he continues like this it will be interesting to see what route you guys go.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need logan ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

His stock is actually dropping a little bit because it seems his straight line speed is going to need some work. He's still a baller though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's going to be interesting to see what roster move we make to get Sash back on the roster. It looked like we might have to keep both Hill and Brown around now so someone else will get the chop.

sig by BoneKrusher