Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think it's fair to say that Earl Thomas is officially better than Eric Berry though.

Oh and yeah. Cassel sucks.
We'll go ahead and tear his ACL and see how he does after coming back.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yep. This is what I';ve been trying to explain to the still clue-less buc fans (not on this forum, friends ) who still think it's not Josh Freeman its the team/coaching staff.

The talent on the roster is there, but the execution is poor. But the blame constantly goes to the oline and WRs and playcalling. Its Freeman.
I'm going to say you know more about what goes on in Buc land than i do but if the defense does their job at the end of the game yesterday they win and not sure Josh Freeman's name comes up today. I could be wrong.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped reading at Levi Brown. He doesn't even play QB, noob!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Woah, a rookie LG with his first starting experience and a rookie NT with his third game of starting experience looked overwhelmed? The hell you say!

And who shuts down Gates one on one? Gates is one of the best TEs to ever play the game and Berry is coming back from major knee surgery. I'm not shocked he struggled against him at all. I'm shocked that RAC didn't roll coverage over to help out with Gates at all in the first half.

I'll give you Belcher and the DEs though. That is fair.
Point is, it isn't ideal to be starting two rookies at critical trench positions. It sets them and the whole team up for failure. Depth is just as important as "talent" and probably moreso.

Thomas DeCoud had no problems with Gates last week. DeCoud, just using him as an example, is a quantum leap up from Berry in man coverage. Unfortunately for us Charger fans, Gates isn't nearly what he was a few seasons ago.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Point is, it isn't ideal to be starting two rookies at critical trench positions. It sets them and the whole team up for failure. Depth is just as important as "talent" and probably moreso.
Neither would be starting except for injuries. Rodney Hudson went down last week with a broken leg and Anthony Toribio hasn't played a game yet due to a training camp injury. Neither were supposed to start but injuries happen.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We'll go ahead and have Stevie Johnson blantently end his season and see how he does after coming back.

Fixed it for you
Old 10-01-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither would be starting except for injuries. Rodney Hudson went down last week with a broken leg and Anthony Toribio hasn't played a game yet due to a training camp injury. Neither were supposed to start but injuries happen.
Like I said, depth is extremely important. Also ask yourself is Anthony Toribio the ideal anchor for your 3-4 defense? If that's who you were relying on, it's a problem. I'm pretty sure they drafted Poe to be the starter.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Like I said, depth is extremely important. Also ask yourself is Anthony Toribio the ideal anchor for your 3-4 defense? If that's who you were relying on, it's a problem. I'm pretty sure they drafted Poe to be the starter.
Poe was drafted to be the starter, but not the immediate starter. Toribio is a technician, nothing more, but it was thought they could have won with him in the middle.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I stopped reading at Levi Brown. He doesn't even play QB, noob!
Drafted out of Troy a couple years ago.

Noob!
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, Eric Berry is probably the most overrated player in the whole NFL. He's just not good in M2M coverage at all.
Quote:
Berry was poor in coverage in 2010 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Poe was drafted to be the starter, but not the immediate starter. Toribio is a technician, nothing more, but it was thought they could have won with him in the middle.
Fair enough. Sometimes you just have to roll with what you have, I understand that.

I think the Chiefs need to go back to more of a 4-3 look personally.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I guess that meme is supposed to indicate that I'm wrong?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...l-rookie-team/

Quote:
Safety Ė Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs

When he came into the league, he looked out of his depth in the passing game and then some. But as the season wore on the plays started coming ó you canít help but be excited about watching him next year. If he can eradicate most of those coverage issues he could be an All-Pro for many years to come.
For the record I don't take PFF as the end all be all. But I knew Berry wasn't good in coverage because I, you know, watched.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notice the stuff you didn't bold strengthens my position. Most overrated player in the NFL my ass.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Chiefs need to go back to more of a 4-3 look personally.
No no and more no.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Notice the stuff you didn't bold strengthens my position. Most overrated player in the NFL my ass.
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ighlight=berry

Look at how many SWDC posters put Berry in their top 5 safeties.

Last edited by San Diego Chicken : 10-01-2012 at 05:38 PM.
San Diego Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
No no and more no.
To me it's either that or draft an entirely new DL. I don't think Poe can succeed as a 0 technique but maybe I'm writing him off too early. He just looks really soft. He spent most of the day yesterday on his butt.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...as+reed+weddle

You say he's overrated, provide a source that says so, but then that very same source says:

But as the season wore on the plays started coming ó you canít help but be excited about watching him next year.

and

could be an All-Pro for many years to come.

So if they knock a player you don't like, it's justified and agreeable but if they praise a player you don't like, they're just adding into the overrated hype of the player. Did I get that right?

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To me it's either that or draft an entirely new DL. I don't think Poe can succeed as a 0 technique but maybe I'm writing him off too early. He just looks really soft. He spent most of the day yesterday on his butt.
Look at this guy thinking he knows what he's talking about.

The Chiefs actually have pieces in place to run a good one gap line, but insist on running off an old bend but don't break system. Drafting Dontari Poe to be in a two gap system was another incredibly dumb decision by our General Manager.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess that meme is supposed to indicate that I'm wrong?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...l-rookie-team/

For the record I don't take PFF as the end all be all. But I knew Berry wasn't good in coverage because I, you know, watched.
Most (all?) safeties suck man to man. That's why they are safeties.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ighlight=berry

You want to know who is way more overrated? Ndamukong Suh. He makes a significant impact maybe 6 games out of the year, and is regularly outplayed by Corey Williams on the inside. Berry's still coming back from the ACL tear, it's hard to do as a safety. And PFF talked about how his coverage issues improved as the year went on, so I'm not sure what your point is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You say he's overrated, provide a source that says so, but then that very same source says:

But as the season wore on the plays started coming ó you canít help but be excited about watching him next year.

and

could be an All-Pro for many years to come.

So if they knock a player you don't like, it's justified and agreeable but if they praise a player you don't like, they're just adding into the overrated hype of the player. Did I get that right?
They praised Berry's potential. The perception was/is that Berry is an upper echelon safety. You can't see the difference?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe Painter is considered better than anyone, ever.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They praised Berry's potential. The perception was/is that Berry is an upper echelon safety. You can't see the difference?
And you don't think people in that thread were rating some of the guys on potential?

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn is getting a look in practice, so there's that.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You want to know who is way more overrated? Ndamukong Suh. He makes a significant impact maybe 6 games out of the year, and is regularly outplayed by Corey Williams on the inside. Berry's still coming back from the ACL tear, it's hard to do as a safety. And PFF talked about how his coverage issues improved as the year went on, so I'm not sure what your point is.
Ndamukong Suh is just another typical thug Lions player. What a classless organization.

**** you Brodeur