Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Front Office/Coaching Change Thread

Hello Men,

I am installing my overreaction thread. It won't be cute but it will be simple, like this:

Obviously it's far too early but I would like to throw names out there.

Future General Manager Options:
Marc Ross
Jason Licht
Steve Keim
Rick Mueller
Lake Dawson
Joel Patten

Head Coaches:
Vic Fangio
Ray Horton
Stu Jackson(Oc)
Rob Chudzinski
Jay Gruden
Mel Tucker
Chip Kelly
Kyle Shannahan

Offensive Coordinators:
Jim Caldwell
Ben McAdoo

Defensive Coordinators:
Mark Carrier
Pepper Johnson
Kevin Greene

Just some names, getting your minds working while I can.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 12-16-2012 at 07:04 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst part? None of that sounds better than what the Chiefs have. **** is just a nightmare so far.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only good name mentioned so far is Marc Ross, the rest is ugh.

GM - Marc Ross
HC - Mike Zimmer
OC - Joe Lombardi
DC - Ed Donatell
Old 10-01-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should stick with Matt Cassel. I blame his supporting cast. When given decent weapons he manages the game extremely well.

/troll.... up yours Vidae.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I think we should stick with Matt Cassel. I blame his supporting cast. When given decent weapons he manages the game extremely well.

so cute soo sooo cute
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Zimmer is locked up long term and is no way in hell leaving, Lombardi has been made by Brees/Payton

Id love Chud or Horton as HC. Ross will be a bau5
Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about Eric Decosta? or is it just a foregone conclusion that he will stay w/ Balt to take over after Ozzie is done? is there a contract he couldn't refuse?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Zimmer is locked up long term and is no way in hell leaving, Lombardi has been made by Brees/Payton

Id love Chud or Horton as HC. Ross will be a bau5
Zimmer is gone once he gets an offer. Mike Brown seems to be locked in on keeping Marvin Lewis.

Lombardi being made by Payton? Maybe. Brees? Nah. You need to stick with experienced guys on the defensive side of the ball and go with younger creativity on offense.

Horton or Chud aren't ready for Head Coaching positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
what about Eric Decosta? or is it just a foregone conclusion that he will stay w/ Balt to take over after Ozzie is done? is there a contract he couldn't refuse?
You're going to have a hell of a time convincing him to leave Baltimore as Ozzie plans to retire soon.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
DeCosta is the GM in waiting there. I would be shocked if he left.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post

Ih8usomuch.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Zimmer is gone once he gets an offer. Mike Brown seems to be locked in on keeping Marvin Lewis.

Lombardi being made by Payton? Maybe. Brees? Nah. You need to stick with experienced guys on the defensive side of the ball and go with younger creativity on offense.

Horton or Chud aren't ready for Head Coaching positions.

You're going to have a hell of a time convincing him to leave Baltimore as Ozzie plans to retire soon.
I disagree about Chud or Horton. Experience as just a Coordinator for a long time does not make someone ready for the HC level. I think they provide dynamic leadership abilities with foundational skills to lead men.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stay away from Marc Ross you bastards.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

The one knock against Ross is he'd probably want to move the Defense back to the 4-3, and yeah that's something that doesn't need to happen.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
The one knock against Ross is he'd probably want to move the Defense back to the 4-3, and yeah that's something that doesn't need to happen.
If he could create a Giants-like defensive line I'd be good with it.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no desire whatsoever to go back to a 4-3.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We have great personnel for the 3-4, we just don't have the coach.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK but if the Giants guy could bring those facemasks to KC I'd be happy with that. Just saying, those things are freaking sweet.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Blow up the front office and coaching staff please Clark. Please for the love of god.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Hmm I like some of the names I posted :) I so smart
Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

It is unfortunate that their is very little chance Eric DeCosta will probably be unavailable for the GM spot, if/when Scott Pioli is not retained for the next year. Why not go after another man in the Ravens organization.

Joe Hortiz
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...c-0fa2391e958b

Joe Hortiz is in his fourth year as the Ravens’ director of college scouting, after being promoted in January 2009. He directs the Ravens’ college scouting process, coordinating the schedules and cross-checking duties of the area scouts. Hortiz also manages the team’s draft preparation and the evaluation and ranking process of hundreds of NFL draft-eligible prospects. Hortiz spent eight years as a scout for Baltimore, covering the Northeast and Southeast regions before becoming a national scout for three seasons (2006-08). In 2007, Baltimore selected Auburn G Ben Grubbs (29th overall), who was scouted by the fellow Auburn alum Hortiz. A graduate of the Ravens’ “20/20 Club,” (see below), Hortiz originally joined Baltimore as a personnel assistant in 1998.

1998-2012: (with Baltimore) 2012: Ravens drafted Alabama LB Courtney Upshaw (second round) with the team’s first pick. 2011: Selected CB Jimmy Smith (Colorado) and WR Torrey Smith (Maryland) in the first two rounds...Torrey set a team rookie receiving records in catches (50), yards (841) and TDs (7). 2010: Ravens drafted contributors DT Terrence Cody, TE Ed Dickson and WR/RS David Reed, who had the NFL’s longest KOR (103 yards) and set a franchise record in 2010. 2009: Promoted to director of college scouting after eight years as a college scout...In Hortiz’s first draft as head of college scouting, Baltimore selected All-Rookie team performer T Michael Oher (Mississippi) with the 23rd-overall selection and key contributor CB/RS Lardarius Webb (Nicholls State). 2008: Scouted players across the country, with a primary focus on the eastern half, where seven of 10 Ravens draft picks were selected in the ’08 NFL Draft...Was invited to introduce Grubbs at the Ravens Roost No. 7’s annual Extra Effort Award banquet in April. 2007: Team’s first-round draft pick Grubbs was selected from Joe’s focus area and attended his alma mater. 2006: Promoted to national scout...Was tasked with covering the eastern half of the country, including the Big East, Big Ten, MAC, ACC, SEC and Conference USA. 2003-05: Served as Ravens Southeast area scout and covered the SEC, ACC and C-USA. 2001-02: Scouted the Northeast. 1998-2000: Worked both with the pro and college scouting staffs as a football personnel assistant...Responsibilities included assisting GM Ozzie Newsome and vice president of football administration Pat Moriarty, who manages the salary cap, and performing “the box” workout at schools across the country for three spring seasons.
Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Another man that has quite the resume - Tom Gamble
http://www.49ers.com/team/staff/tom-...8-6bfb470bb433

Tom Gamble is in his 24th NFL season and his seventh year with the 49ers. On February 4, 2011, Gamble was promoted to Director of Player Personnel after having served as the Director of Pro Personnel for the previous seven years in San Francisco.

Gamble’s extensive NFL resume includes work in both college and pro scouting, contract negotiations, and a stint in the coaching ranks.

While working closely with General Manager Trent Baalke, Gamble oversees both the college and pro personnel efforts. In his previous role, Gamble monitored every NFL roster with an emphasis on scouting talent of upcoming pro free agents, while also maintaining continuous depth of personnel on the 49ers roster. In 2010, Gamble had been assigned additional responsibilities in collegiate scouting in order to maximize the use of his extensive experience in talent evaluation.

During his time in the NFL, Gamble has helped build nine playoff teams – five with Indianapolis and four with Philadelphia. Prior to his arrival in San Francisco, Gamble served as a college scout for the Colts from 1998 to 2004 under veteran NFL executive Bill Polian.

Gamble originally entered the NFL as an assistant in the player personnel department of the Philadelphia Eagles in 1988. He stayed with the Eagles through 1994, serving as a college scouting administrator, area scout, contract negotiator, and later served as the director of pro scouting.

From 1995 to 1996, Gamble served as a defensive assistant/quality control coach with the New York Jets. He then worked as a part-time college scout for the Carolina Panthers before serving as a pro scout for the Baltimore Ravens during the 1997 season.

Gamble earned his B.S. from High Point University in 1987 and an M.S. from Rowan University in 1988. He grew up in a football family, where his father, Harry, served as the head coach at both the University of Pennsylvania and Lafayette College. Harry was also formerly the President of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Gamble and his wife, Juliette, have three sons, Tom, Gregory and Matthew.
Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Andy Reid? I'm assuming he loses his job this year with another terrible year with that nut-house of a roster. He'd probably keep the same 3-4 defense and I don't think I'd trust anyone more than Andy Reid in developing, drafting a quarterback. The good thing we have going is that (I believe) that we DO have talent on our roster(especially on defense) and number one overall pick would be enticing for any legit head coach. Any one of the guys you popped in this thread would be ok for our next GM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How about Andy Reid? I'm assuming he loses his job this year with another terrible year with that nut-house of a roster. He'd probably keep the same 3-4 defense and I don't think I'd trust anyone more than Andy Reid in developing, drafting a quarterback. The good thing we have going is that (I believe) that we DO have talent on our roster(especially on defense) and number one overall pick would be enticing for any legit head coach. Any one of the guys you popped in this thread would be ok for our next GM.
I think your points are valid and I like Andy Reid but I wonder if we aren't looking at a coach that is burned out. He's been through a lot (on the field, off the field and especially family) and maybe he needs a year off to recharge his batteries and get his life back in order.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I agree with TheMatriculator. Andy needs time away.
Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I agree with TheMatriculator. Andy needs time away.
I need time away after watching this team. I have never in my life wanted a NFL season to end this bad.