Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-02-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Prince can stay healthy. He's looked quite beastly.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My gut tells me either Tracy or Ojomo (sp) go. Which sucks bc I like them both.

We should cut Jernigan, but we need the depth and he'll get another year at least to prove himself.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My gut tells me either Tracy or Ojomo (sp) go. Which sucks bc I like them both.

We should cut Jernigan, but we need the depth and he'll get another year at least to prove himself.
Are they both hurt? I know Ojomo has been but I haven't heard anything about Tracy.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Are they both hurt? I know Ojomo has been but I haven't heard anything about Tracy.
I don't think Tracy is hurt, but we have an embarrassment of riches (at least on paper) at DE and can't afford to keep all of them on the roster just to keep them. We need the depth in other positions.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope Prince can stay healthy. He's looked quite beastly.
Absolutely awful against the run Sunday night but very very promising in the passing game. I'd like to Hosley healthy as well and get all 3 of these guys on the field.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Absolutely awful against the run Sunday night but very very promising in the passing game. I'd like to Hosley healthy as well and get all 3 of these guys on the field.
Meh, that's alright. Honestly, while I'd love to have a CB who's great against the run, if they can cover that's all that's really important. That's 90% of their job.

Stopping the run is a bonus mainly.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing we IR Ojomo. He practiced last week but they can come up with something since he was hurt before then. We're also going to have to make room for Canty and Beckum soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Meh, that's alright. Honestly, while I'd love to have a CB who's great against the run, if they can cover that's all that's really important. That's 90% of their job.

Stopping the run is a bonus mainly.
Not when McCoy is gashing us on the edges like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't think Beckum should make the team to be honest.

Don't need him. Why lose a good player for the sake of keeping a mediocre one?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Very true, but we had no trouble stuffing the run early in the game. And Osi sucks donkey balls and can't contain a run to save his life. The front seven should be able to stop the run. It's just when you have mediocre LB's like Blackburn and DE's who can't contain like Osi it will exacerbate your poor run stopping CB's.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The run defense was awful all around. Tuck didn't set the edge, Osi didn't set the edge, Chase was god awful, Kiwi can't wrap up, losing Kenny took Rolle out of the box, Boley isn't a run stuffer, there was a lot of factors involved.

I've said it all season long, the tackle numbers from our LB core is startling. We need a change in the LB core. We need to bench Kiwi and Chase, and start Herzlich and Rivers (when healthy).

I'd like to see Jacquan out there more vs a speed back like McCoy too.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think Beckum should make the team to be honest.

Don't need him. Why lose a good player for the sake of keeping a mediocre one?
Agreed. They might just decide to IR Beckum or release him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's these damn hammy injuries to Rivers and Hosley. Get them some good massages preferrably with a happy ending for them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Jesus, I forgot Beckum was even on the team anymore. He's so terrible.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase actually played pretty well you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Chase actually played pretty well you guys
If playing the A and B gap is playing well, then sure. But he's a MIKE, he's supposed to play up to the C gap, and he got washed out of way too many run plays for my liking.

I love Chase, he's one of my favorite Giants of all time, but it's time for a change. Start Herzlich. We need more speed out there.

We need more speed and we need better tackling. Herzlich and Williams will give us that.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The injuries in our secondary are really hurting the way we play defense too. Turdsicle doesn't trust our DBs so he's playing a lot of zone and not blitzing as much.

Once we get a healthy KP, Hosely, and Webster at full strength (remember he can't press bc he has a broken hand) we'll see what Turd does with our defense.

Right now we have to find a way to survive. That means we have to score more points basically, our defense will be poor statistically until we get healthy in the secondary.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Webster has a hard cast on his hand so he can definitely press. That wasn't his problem Sunday night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

webster's problem is that he's slowing down. He's just not as fast or quick as he used to be. He was never a speedster, but now that he's aging, it's catching up to him. We need DL, OL and DB's. We've got good depth and youth at LB with Herz, Williams, Rivers and even Boley, so for once, we're ok there. WR, a trio of Nicks-Cruz-Randle down the road should prove to not be a problem. Brown and Wilson are young guys who have talent. Eli is Eli. And we've proven to get by with scrap heap TE's, so going into this offseason, OT, DL and DB are the main priority. You know, a first round OL, a 2nd round DL and 3rd round DB doesn't sound too bad to me.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We might need to reevaluate our LB core though. Is it really that good? Bc right now it's been awful, the tackle numbers are terrible. They don't fly to the ball, they are poor tacklers, they get washed out of the run game and get blocked far too often.

They just don't play well.

The young guys need a chance to prove themselves, but Boley won't get benched, and Kiwi probably won't either. The only guy who might lose his job is Chase, but that alone might not be enough to turn this unit around.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

but at this point, it's far from our biggest weakness. We have capable guys out there, Boley, Rivers, Williams, Chase, Kiwi, Herz. They can all get the job done. Would I love to have a kick ass, scary, run stuffing LB'er there to hit people in the mouth and get stuff done? Of course, but that's a luxury we can't afford right now with other glaring weaknesses
Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I agree. I'm really just venting bc I want an in season adjustment that I know will not happen.

For the draft, I think CB, DE, and OL are our clear priorities. It will depend on the board of course, who we take, but my priorities are CB, DE then OL in that order.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I'm not sure it even has to be DE, it could be DT. I know you hate Austin, and Kuhn's probably a JAG. We need Canty back, him and Linval is a good combo, but I wouldn't be upset with a DT early and roll with Tuck, JPP, Ojomo and Tracy next year. I wanna see what they can do.

OL and CB are probably my biggest priority right now.
Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

DL, OL, and CB for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm scared of drafting DTs early these days. The bust rate is just too high for my liking. I think you can get a good DT in rounds 2 and 3. Especially an undersized gap shooter. Just have em bulk up as we redshirt them, and you have your depth DT. Problem solved.

I love DEs.