Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I have a log jam at WR this week. D Bowe vs SD, B Lloyd vs DEN, E Decker vs NE, M Wallace vs PHI and Antonio Brown vs PHI. I maybe able to snag J Jones off waivers if my claim goes through and I have Rodgers as my QB.

Non PPR, 2 WR spots and flex so best combo of the 3 would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards Wallace, Bowe and Lloyd but between the five of them they are projected to score the same amount of points.

I haven't had any luck moving any of the guys for RB because that's my weakness.
Lloyd seems to be heating up but I'm not sure I'd play him over Decker or Wallace. Bowe doesn't sit. The opportunity will be there for him to have huge numbers every week based on the way the Chiefs are playing. Garbage time is just fine by me.

I'd play Decker over Lloyd. It's pretty close, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Did Ridley Fleener and Kolb for Davis McCluster and Choice
McCluster and Choice are garbage. If you got Ridley, Fleener and Kolb for Davis you did well.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to grab Hartline off waivers. If I get him, it's between him, Britt, Harvin and Decker for 3 WR spots.

I didn't plan well and both Martin and Leshoure have byes this week. Picked up Rudolph last week, trying to trade him for a RB for a week. However, with Graham and Rudolph and Gronk, should I try and move Gronk or Graham for a stud RB? they're just so damn consistent, it's hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm trying to grab Hartline off waivers. If I get him, it's between him, Britt, Harvin and Decker for 3 WR spots.

I didn't plan well and both Martin and Leshoure have byes this week. Picked up Rudolph last week, trying to trade him for a RB for a week. However, with Graham and Rudolph and Gronk, should I try and move Gronk or Graham for a stud RB? they're just so damn consistent, it's hard
I was bullish on Blount heading into the season and have looked completely wrong up to this point. However, the recent news has the team looking to get Blount a little more action. Then he gets 6 carries to Martin's 8. Martin is the guy, but it's enough to worry me a little bit. Have you considered trying to flip Martin and Rudolph for a better RB? I'd explore that first before considering trading Graham or Gronk, which would be fine if necessary - and if landing you a true stud RB.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
McCluster and Choice are garbage. If you got Ridley, Fleener and Kolb for Davis you did well.
Then I did well
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spiller vs San Fran or Hartline vs Cincy for my flex.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

I also didn't plan well. Murray, Martin, and Leshoure all on bye, not that any helped me this week. Need a bye week QB and a bye week RB. I have one easy drop to make (Kevin Smith) but now I have very little wiggle room. Witten's big game could be of benefit as I've been carrying him as a backup to Jimmy Graham all year. Let's see if I can get something for one of these guys. Maybe not as spoiled as you are but a nice asset, nonetheless. Amendola could also be on the block.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Spiller vs San Fran or Hartline vs Cincy for my flex.
Hartline. Spiller looked painful at one point with his shoulder and I don't expect him or Fred to have much success vs. SF.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Told you not to overthink it. Fantasy football is simple, you play your studs.
i did play him, but he dropped a TD :(

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Tony Romo... Should I wait on him to bounce back or target someone else via trade? I have some offers that would net me Rivers or Vick, but dont know how much better of an option either are. More interested in Vick.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also: rest of season value, how would you rank Morris, Charles, McFadden? I know how I have them, just want some other opinions so I can see whether I am being biased or not.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Also: rest of season value, how would you rank Morris, Charles, McFadden? I know how I have them, just want some other opinions so I can see whether I am being biased or not.
Charles, DMC, Morris (The Shanny system scares me still)
Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
So, Tony Romo... Should I wait on him to bounce back or target someone else via trade? I have some offers that would net me Rivers or Vick, but dont know how much better of an option either are. More interested in Vick.
Ugh. Of the 3 I'd say Rivers is working with the least and things aren't really looking up. Romo should be so much better . . . no idea why he's sucking so bad. I'd wager he'd look a whole lot better if they'd bother running the ball, but Garrett's an idiot. Vick is gimpy w/ribs and now knee pains.

PUNT!!

I like Vick of that bunch. He's going to throw a ton and can still get you the cheap points rushing.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Charles, DMC, Morris (The Shanny system scares me still)
I agree with this, but until Morris loses his spot and McFadden figures out how to run in the new system (or, better still, they put in a system that works for one of the most dynamic runners in the league,) I'd rank Morris ahead of McFadden.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trading Fitzgerald and martellus bennett for jimmy graham in a league where I'm stacked at wr. Still would have Marshall, harvin, nicks, Bowe, d jax and Maclin. Good move, right?

Edit: don't really need rb as I have foster, Charles, McGahee, Ben Tate, Ryan Williams, Michael bush.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm trading Fitzgerald and martellus bennett for jimmy graham in a league where I'm stacked at wr. Still would have Marshall, harvin, nicks, Bowe, d jax and Maclin. Good move, right?

Edit: don't really need rb as I have foster, Charles, McGahee, Ben Tate, Ryan Williams, Michael bush.
Yes.

f.u. 10 char.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't really like giving up one of the best receivers in the league to rely on so many wild cards to fill his position. If you could do someone like Marshall or Nicks I wouldn't even hesitate.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really like giving up one of the best receivers in the league to rely on so many wild cards to fill his position. If you could do someone like Marshall or Nicks I wouldn't even hesitate.
I feel like Marshall and harvin are just as reliable as Fitzgerald. They're certainly far from wild cards.

Also, just realized that I'll have to drop one of those wr to pick up a defense. It's gotta be Maclin, right?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I feel like Marshall and harvin are just as reliable as Fitzgerald. They're certainly far from wild cards.

Also, just realized that I'll have to drop one of those wr to pick up a defense. It's gotta be Maclin, right?
I wasn't saying Harvin... I think Marshall goes as Cutler goes. Fitz is more of well he is triple covered... ehh **** it. No matter who the QB is.

As for having to drop one... why? You are trading away 2 players for 1. Shouldn't you have a free spot.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I wasn't saying Harvin... I think Marshall goes as Cutler goes. Fitz is more of well he is triple covered... ehh **** it. No matter who the QB is.

As for having to drop one... why? You are trading away 2 players for 1. Shouldn't you have a free spot.
I get that, but I trust Marshall a hell of a lot more than Bennett.

I actually don't have Maclin yet, he's a free agent, so I was planning on snagging him with the open spot I have from the trade. I realized now though that I need to pick up a defense with that slot. Basically the question is should I drop any of those guys for Maclin.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I get that, but I trust Marshall a hell of a lot more than Bennett.

I actually don't have Maclin yet, he's a free agent, so I was planning on snagging him with the open spot I have from the trade. I realized now though that I need to pick up a defense with that slot. Basically the question is should I drop any of those guys for Maclin.
Do you not have a defense to drop?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Do you not have a defense to drop?
What is the amateur hour? C'mon, Elvis.....You know me better than that. Dropped them to pick up nicks when he was inexplicably dropped earlier today.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
What is the amateur hour? C'mon, Elvis.....You know me better than that. Dropped them to pick up nicks when he was inexplicably dropped earlier today.
Well, clearly that league is. ;)

If they're dropping Nicks and Maclin then you should be safe letting your handcuff go.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well, clearly that league is. ;)

If they're dropping Nicks and Maclin then you should be safe letting your handcuff go.
You say dump Tate for Maclin? That would suck so much if foster went down.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
You say dump Tate for Maclin? That would suck so much if foster went down.
You'll never play DeSean and Maclin together so I can see not rostering both. But the value is clearly in Maclin vs. Tate. Obviously you'll never have waiver priority so you wouldn't get Tate back. But you'd still have a ton of good RBs.

Tate won't win anyone a game (barring injury to Foster, obviously) whereas Maclin could easily tear **** up and post 20+ to win a game for someone. The question is whether or not you take the risk that Maclin beats you in a head-to-head or you take the risk that not carrying your handcuff comes back to bite you in your arse.

You do want to embarass your new work mates, right?