Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One can only hope he's slowly recovering from some accident that's left him incapable of ever reproducing.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like he's gracing us with his presence yet again just as Thumper disappeared.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget him. We need Breed back. The Eagles are 3-1 and still no sign of him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome season by San Fran thus far.Only disappointing lose was to Minn. Wish we would pass it Moss more .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are so many people complaining about not using Moss more? If he had anything in the tank they would be using him. Same with the last three teams he's been on. He's done.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9ers fans should more upset about taking AJ Jenkins over Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, Alshon Jeffery etc. Instead of being mad that a 35 year old WR who hasn't been relevant in 3+ years isn't preforming

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
9ers fans should more upset about taking AJ Jenkins over Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, Alshon Jeffery etc. Instead of being mad that a 35 year old WR who hasn't been relevant in 3+ years isn't preforming
They are mad that Randy Moss hasn't been performing, despite the fact everyone told them he wouldn't...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers are rotating their wrs plenty so Moss isn't getting a lot of snaps. 49ers aren't exactly a big attacking offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to use this spot to rant against Santonio Holmes. I actually think that the Jets can win now that he's injured. He's the most selfish player in the league and that is an accomplishment. Him handing the 49ers a touchdown is him in a microcosm. I can understand being hurt and not caring about the ball, but his attitude still has had a terrible influence on that team.

He's now officially on my blacklist. I wouldn't want him on any team in the NFL. If I were the Dolphins and Holmes were available...I'd avoid him and just stick with Hartline and Bess over him.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm going to use this spot to rant against Santonio Holmes. I actually think that the Jets can win now that he's injured. He's the most selfish player in the league and that is an accomplishment. Him handing the 49ers a touchdown is him in a microcosm. I can understand being hurt and not caring about the ball, but his attitude still has had a terrible influence on that team.

He's now officially on my blacklist. I wouldn't want him on any team in the NFL. If I were the Dolphins and Holmes were available...I'd avoid him and just stick with Hartline and Bess over him.
I'd only add why did it take so long to see Homes was a bad actor.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holmes flicking the ball while going down is still one of the funniest things I've seen.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sadly agree with almost everything you said, especially about the Falcons. The Falcons might be the best team in the NFC, but I don't see a huge amount of separation between the Falcons and the Giants, Packers, Bears, Niners (and maybe Cardinals/Vikings but I'm not there yet). Still way to early in the season to say they are anything more than one of five teams with a very good shot in the NFC. What will help them, however, is the fact that the NFC suuuuuuuuucks while the rest of the NFC divisions are very competitive. Because of that, 12 or 13 wins is very possible for them with a 6-0 division record, giving them homefield advantage throughout.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-You can make a strong argument that AJ Green and Julio Jones are already the 2nd and 3rd best WRs in the league.
I'd make the argument that Julio Jones still isn't even the best WR on his own team.

^Thanks BK!
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrz View Post
I'd make the argument that Julio Jones still isn't even the best WR on his own team.
Despite his messed up hand, he continues to draw the double teams, not Roddy. I love them both, but I'd say at this point Julio is the better player. It's a great situation to have, you double team one of them, the other guy will get open.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Despite his messed up hand, he continues to draw the double teams, not Roddy. I love them both, but I'd say at this point Julio is the better player. It's a great situation to have, you double team one of them, the other guy will get open.
Yup, that's a fun thing as well. That's how we expect things when Nicks and Cruz are out there. Now if Barden can step up on a consistent basis, things will really look good.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

You're right, Homes is extremely selfish and to be honest, I ******* hate the guy. But the Jets need him and they need him bad. They were thin at WR already and without him, the unit is a complete joke. He's the only legit starting WR on the roster. We have Hill who is extremely raw, Kerley is a decent slot guy and that's it. Dustin Keller is okay. But if they bump him at the line, he's worthless. Whether Sanchez or Tebow is the starting QB going forward and as bad as they are, I feel sorry for the both of them.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we'll lose against the Texans and if it's by 10 or more points everyone is going to talk first about the quarterback situation rather than the fact that there is not a single worthwhile receiver there.

The only teams whose receiving core is as bad as ours especially now I think are the Browns Jags and Rams, coupled with probably the worst running team in the league there's no wonder why Sanchez sucks.

Last edited by soybean : 10-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams WRs have looked decent. Wouldn't call em a bad bunch

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
we'll lose against the Texans and if it's by 10 or more points everyone is going to talk first about the quarterback situation rather than the fact that there is not a single worthwhile receiver there.

The only teams whose receiving core is as bad as ours especially now I think are the Browns Jags and Rams, coupled with probably the worst running team in the league there's no wonder why Sanchez sucks.
Well, Sanchez being terrible plays a big part in how much he sucks to.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Isolate the player.

Sanchez isn't helping his case. Yes he has poor talent around him, but he's not a player who elevates talent around him.

Going into this season, was his offense any less talented than the Dolphins? No. But Ryan Tannehill, a raw rookie qb with poor talent around him just threw for over 400 yards against Arizona's defense.

Could Sanchez do that? Be honest with yourself, you know the answer is hell no. And he's a 4th year quarterback.

I gave him plenty of chances, but he's just not good. It's time to move on.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
They both will have 100+ yards this week against us
Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isolate the player.

Sanchez isn't helping his case. Yes he has poor talent around him, but he's not a player who elevates talent around him.

Going into this season, was his offense any less talented than the Dolphins? No. But Ryan Tannehill, a raw rookie qb with poor talent around him just threw for over 400 yards against Arizona's defense.

Could Sanchez do that? Be honest with yourself, you know the answer is hell no. And he's a 4th year quarterback.

This is where I am with Blaine Gabbert, except it's how I've felt about him since he was at Missouri.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
They both will have 100+ yards this week against us
They could easily both have 150+
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
This is where I am with Blaine Gabbert, except it's how I've felt about him since he was at Missouri.
I've had clear bias against Gabbert as well since i hated him as a prospect, but I'm gonna give him until year 3 at earliest. His growth from last year has been pretty substantial. He went from the worst qb I ever seen to just awful. That's a big improvement.

Who knows what happens next year? In 4 games, he's looked poor, but he did lead 2 game winning drives. That has to count for something. I think he deserves some time.

My biggest problem with him was he was the biggest ***** I ever saw play qb. He seems to have gotten over that. So who knows? We'll see how he progresses.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isolate the player.

Yeah, this is basically where I'm at with Sanchez. Sure if you give him good pass protection, a run game, and receivers who can go out and make plays he'll be solid. That goes for the large majority of QB's in the league.

The point you made about elevating the talent around him is pretty much spot on. He plays to the talent around him, at best, right now and that is not good for a fourth year guy. Not sure what exactly happened because he showed promise at times, but right now he looks shell shocked most of the time. The Jets need a QB who will make the rest of their offense look better right now, not an offense that will make their QB look better. There are plenty of guys in the league right now who would look pretty good with the guys the Jets have (or had before the Holmes injury) on offense.

And speaking of Holmes, yeah he's an unbelievably selfish player. He's been running lazy routes, doesn't really fight for the ball when it's in the air, and doesn't take care of it if he does bring it in. But he's also the Jets' best receiver by far. Whether or not he's in the game is almost a lose-lose at this point, he caused problems when he was in but they're definitely going to miss him too.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote