Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Did that better offense win when it mattered though? As recall, we outplayed the 'better' offense when it was all said and done. We don't win games the same way the Saints do. I'm not trying to be the Saints offensively. And if your waiting for Jimbaugh to turn into Sean Peyton, don't hold your breath. We will never be a pass-first, spread-type of offense as long as Jimbaugh is coaching the Niners. All those visions of a high-powered passing offense you and others have in your head for this team will never happened. Might as well kill that dream now.

Jimbaugh has stated NUMEROUS times his perfect offense is 50/50, pass/run. That what he envisions, that's what he's trying to build. I refer to it as Steelers West. The same way the Steelers built those teams that had them in 3 Super Bowls in a 5 year span a couple of years back, that's what Jimbaugh and Baalke are trying to establish. Dominant run game. Dominant defense. Good passing attack. Except we're still working on the good passing attack aspect. My beef with the offense is not that I want us to pass downfield more. It's that I want us to execute better when we do pass. Giving up pressure, conservative play calling in some instances, dropped balls, overthrows to open WRs, all of those are why the passing game is struggling. It has nothing to do with not taking enough shots downfield or utilizing Moss enough. If we tighten up those areas I mentioned, no one is talking about us not throwing the ball downfield enough because the offense is converting 3rd downs, moving the chains and capitalizing on big gains through the air when the opportunities present themselves.
Yes they did win when it mattered as the Saints won it all in 2009.

And last time I checked the Steelers run game has been awful for like several years now. They're passing the ball primarily now and are in the playoffs every single year as well. Not saying I want that. As long as the chains are moving and third downs are being converted via the air when a pass play is called then it's not a big deal.

But there is nothing wrong with taking shots down the field. A couple people here are acting like this is a crime.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I don't think Smith is only "meh," though. He is a borderline top 10 QB right now and I think he can improve even more. He is never going to be a top 3-5 QB but a top eight QB is not out of the question, and that is more than we need to win a Super Bowl
Alex is going to have to have some bigger games in the years to come then. As in, games he takes over and just dominates from start to finish, even when every other thing isn't working out perfectly. He had that game against the Saints, but he wasn't good in all four quarters. He was good when it mattered, great. But that game should have been a blowout looking back. The offense just sputtered until the final minutes. And a lot of folks probably see that game as a fluke still as far as Alex is concerned. It wasn't a good defense, Greg Williams is terrible, etc.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Closed Thread