Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OL is the 3rd need on my board for 2 reasons:

1. Eli is Eli. His OL is dogshit and he still balls out. Once the OL starts effecting our production on offense, I'll be more concerned. But our offense is still great, even with a terrible OL. That's a testament to how good Eli is. If the right guy is BPA on our board, then sure, but I'm not reaching for an OLmen in the 1st just bc.

2. **** offense. We won 2 SBs drafting defense early and often. Let's stick to the winning formula.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm scared of drafting DTs early these days. The bust rate is just too high for my liking. I think you can get a good DT in rounds 2 and 3. Especially an undersized gap shooter. Just have em bulk up as we redshirt them, and you have your depth DT. Problem solved.

I love DEs.
Scott Vallone. Problem solved.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OL is the 3rd need on my board for 2 reasons:

1. Eli is Eli. His OL is dogshit and he still balls out. Once the OL starts effecting our production on offense, I'll be more concerned. But our offense is still great, even with a terrible OL. That's a testament to how good Eli is. If the right guy is BPA on our board, then sure, but I'm not reaching for an OLmen in the 1st just bc.

2. **** offense. We won 2 SBs drafting defense early and often. Let's stick to the winning formula.
I agree, but Eli is getting older. Granted right now he'll be in his prime the next 3-4 years, but we don't want him taking too many hits, even though he is tough as hell. Plus it never hurts to have a good OL for the running game and just to give Eli even more time to throw the ball.

I generally agree about defense though. Keep drafting in the trenches/secondary. If there's anything I've learned its that LBers are overrated. If you've got a great secondary and defensive line, you can get away with poor LBers. Whereas the opposite isn't true. Great LBers can't fix your coverage and will not be able to get enough pressure on their own.

Part of the reason our run defense sucks is because Osi/Tuck haven't been great against the run and Linval is all by himself. Getting Canty back should help that though, hopefully.

I think Reese's philosophy is pretty great. Draft DB's, DL and WR's early. Fill in LB, OL, TE, RB for the most part with lower round guys and free agents.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not having Rivers was noticeable, he needs to make a speedy recovery, as does Nicks.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis was asked in an interview last night to name one young defensive player he loved watching, and he without hesitation started talking about JPP. Said he had begun to study JPP and even tried to incorporate some of his hand movement in his own repertoire. That's awesome praise for JPP.

He's such a beast, we need Tuck and Osi to get their **** together, so our opponents can't just triple team JPP all game long.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like all these reports coming out from the team that Randle is lazy and isn't working hard enough. I disliked the pick as it is but now we're starting to hear some crappy stuff. Get it together Reuben!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't like all these reports coming out from the team that Randle is lazy and isn't working hard enough. I disliked the pick as it is but now we're starting to hear some crappy stuff. Get it together Reuben!
I heard Collinsworth mention that on sunday night as well. get your **** together Reuben!! We might need you to step up bigtime if Nicks' knee keep holding him back!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if it's effort, or because the scheme is harder due to WR rules, specifically option routes and choice routes. I wonder if that is hard for him to get and thus not really putting in the time.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well Victor Cruz also made some comments that agreed with Collinsworth. I think the playbook is too hard for him and he's not putting in enough time to get it down.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh I'm not too worried. It's a rough playbook. Manningham didn't see the field at all for the first year and turned out to be a decent player. Randle, and more importantly Wilson, make us much more dangerous in returns.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Eh I'm not too worried. It's a rough playbook. Manningham didn't see the field at all for the first year and turned out to be a decent player. Randle, and more importantly Wilson, make us much more dangerous in returns.
It's not that he doesn't know the playbook right away, I get that. The problem is that someone on the staff or team released some comments to Collinsworth and then Cruz echoed the same things publically. That's a little disheartening to hear.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's not good keeping things in house is what we should do. But I wonder if the system is too hard and the fact be is lower on the depth chart. So maybe he feels like even if i understand this I probably wont play anyways.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's a terrible attitude for a football player. With the injuries that happen all the time he's a couple of snaps away from being on the field. I hope that's not his thought process.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not that he doesn't know the playbook right away, I get that. The problem is that someone on the staff or team released some comments to Collinsworth and then Cruz echoed the same things publically. That's a little disheartening to hear.
Could that have been done with a purpose to motivate? Coughlin doesn't normally play those games through the media but maybe Gilbride or Reese said something.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

More and more now I seem to wish for another offensive system. Matt Ryan is now in a new system and doing very well. I just want a different system, but I do understand that's not happening until Coughlin leaves.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
More and more now I seem to wish for another offensive system. Matt Ryan is now in a new system and doing very well. I just want a different system, but I do understand that's not happening until Coughlin leaves.
No. Eli has been in this system for his entire career, we're married to this system at this point.

Who cares about stats. I care about wins. Don't worry about how many touchdown passes Eli throws. You need to get over that.

I've actually grown to like Gilbride's system a lot. It's complex, but when you understand it, it's a great system. It can compete against any defense.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm fine with the system at this point. We just need Reese to bring in the right players for it and I do trust that they will do it. It's the defensive system that has me throwing stuff at the wall.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No. Eli has been in this system for his entire career, we're married to this system at this point.

Who cares about stats. I care about wins. Don't worry about how many touchdown passes Eli throws. You need to get over that.

I've actually grown to like Gilbride's system a lot. It's complex, but when you understand it, it's a great system. It can compete against any defense.
I care about both! Why can't we have both? People make it sound like if you get stats you are not winning. I want both! No, I never never get over it because I know he can be even more productive in another system. And since that's my side of the ball, it eats at me like HCl.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Only some people understand the system. I hate to see Eli still gesturing to players where to go. Eventually the players have to get this system down perfectly.

I am interested to see if R.R. can get this down or not.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time a team or a side of the ball took a nose dive. Seattle Seahawks had the best OL at one point and a good back in Alexander. It all seemed like once Steve Hutchinson left for the Vikings, that things changed. That OL got older and fell of a cliff, and Alexander couldn't do anything.

I feel like this fork in the road or early symptoms could be red light in that this defense is now older in some spots. Perhaps injuries have accelerated things. Webster looks older, and Osi and Tuck haven't been the same.

We will have to make cuts and decide not to re-sign players that are fan favorites. I can see this happening on the defense and offense. But defensive may have to do with age vs production.

KP
Rolle
Webster
Tuck
Os
Boley perhaps
Maybe even Canty

I'd hate to be Reese and have to decide who stays and who goes. With the offense we could see changes too. One major one is Bradshaw, who i like. He may be a guy that be cut because of salary vs the production he has put up.

Look at it this way. With all this we managed 2 SBs in our window. Now it's time to add younger guys, PLAY them, and develop them. We can be emotional and invest money in the older guys that were here, but I think that's not the way to do it for the future.
Do not fret! You have a rookie RT, a rookie QB who hardly moves, a rookie filled WR corps, and essentially the same offense as last week up next. Honestly, if your line doesn't dominate this game, then it's really time to worry. I'd would think the threat out the backfield of Vick and McCoy slowed up the Giants rush considerably. The only issue on Sunday would be if they open up run lanes to Richardson trying to destroy Weeden. And the only real threat for your secondary is probably tiny Travis Benjamin. He's basically a raw DeSean Jackson and they've been trying to get him touches in every way.

Quote:
Nicks absolutely needs to be re-signed. Like BBD said hopefulyl we'll get him cheaper because of the injuries.
This would be a great start for Banner/Heckert or whoever in Cleveland to sign Nicks. I really don't think the injuries will be a huge factor-someone will ante up big for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I care about both! Why can't we have both? People make it sound like if you get stats you are not winning. I want both! No, I never never get over it because I know he can be even more productive in another system. And since that's my side of the ball, it eats at me like HCl.
There's no point in completely tearing down the system in place just for the sake of having better stats. Who cares.

We have 2 stud WRs who thrive in this system who have excellent chemistry with Eli in Cruz and Nicks. Those 3 together are almost unstoppable at times. What we need to do is keep those 3 together as long as possible, while developing talent behind them. Draft the right players. Trust the system.

The system is not the problem. NE runs a very similar system, and they put up numbers on everyone. Buffalo runs a similar system. None as complex as ours, but very similar.

You can have both stats and wins in the system, you just have to change some of the situational playcalling.

But who cares? I just want to win. If it means running for touchdowns then so be it. I just want to win.

Don't worry about Eli. He'll go to the HOF. He has his rings. He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone anymore.

Let's just win.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
There's no point in completely tearing down the system in place just for the sake of having better stats. Who cares.

We have 2 stud WRs who thrive in this system who have excellent chemistry with Eli in Cruz and Nicks. Those 3 together are almost unstoppable at times. What we need to do is keep those 3 together as long as possible, while developing talent behind them. Draft the right players. Trust the system.

The system is not the problem. NE runs a very similar system, and they put up numbers on everyone. Buffalo runs a similar system. None as complex as ours, but very similar.

You can have both stats and wins in the system, you just have to change some of the situational playcalling.

But who cares? I just want to win. If it means running for touchdowns then so be it. I just want to win.

Don't worry about Eli. He'll go to the HOF. He has his rings. He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone anymore.

Let's just win.
Well it's not just only stats. You know how I feel about this going back from my game break downs. One goes left, player goes right, and Eli looking at the guy, like WTF are you doing? What route are you running?

Time and time we see that. I am so sick and tired of that. I really, really, want to see our offensive players in a new system. I think we can get better productivity out of our players. No messed up routes or adjustments. If the ball goes left, the player will be going left. For once on a consistent basis I'd love to see that!

Not to mention, our red zone play calling is completely bush league! We can go 20 to 20 faster than any team in the league. However, once there our MVP Tynes gets called upon. I can't stand our red zone play calling.

I am starting to really, really want a system change. I do understand it won't happen, but I am just about tired of it now.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tons of players not practicing today. Timex Center is a hospital pretty much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Tons of players not practicing today. Timex Center is a hospital pretty much.
When has it not been? It seems like every year it is. Someone posted last year a picture of T2 in a hospital gown saying that's our teams new alternative uniform! LOL.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Eli calling out Randle also:

Quote:
@HubbuchNYP: Eli agrees that Reuben Randle needs to work harder and prepare better. Interesting coming from Manning, who rarely criticizes teammates.

sig by BoneKrusher