Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever seen Battle Royale? Been thinking about watching it of late as I noticed it's on Netflix.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Anyone ever seen Battle Royale? Been thinking about watching it of late as I noticed it's on Netflix.
Haven't seen. But I have heard a lot of really good things.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I've seen a lot of big name directors throw praise on it, jw if anyone here thought it was worth a watch.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
It's entertaining, but it is really forced at times and the flashback scenes are ludicrous. Still, very much worth a watch.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's entertaining, but it is really forced at times and the flashback scenes are ludicrous. Still, very much worth a watch.
The flashback scenes are hilarious. It's just an all-around fun movie with some great kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I've never even attempted to watch Citizen Kane. In fact, I haven't seen a bunch of those old school classics. Maybe one day.
See I grew up watching Kerry Grant and Katherine Hepburn movies so have always been fond of black n white films. Bringing Up Baby and Arsenic and Old Lace are still two of my favorite comedies.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 10-02-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch those old Hammer Films Dracula movies with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. They are pretty awesome old movies from the '60s. I remember TCM played them about 2 years ago in October and I watched them all.

Also that old Salem's Lot made for tv movie is scary as ****. Definitely watch that. I love October.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always preferred Ariel Flynn to Kerry Grant.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I always preferred Ariel Flynn to Kerry Grant.
Do you mean Errol Flynn or is that someone I have not heard of in film because if so id like to know about him?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Do you mean Errol Flynn or is that someone I have not heard of in film because if so id like to know about him?
yes he means Errol. he was playing off of Cary "Kerry" Grant

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dad sent me this text:

"Just saw Looper. Back to the future meets Godfather."

I hope he realizes what he's saying to me.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Is this some sort of douche bag way of spelling "favorite"?
I speak English Cain. Not American/Stupid.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Dad sent me this text:

"Just saw Looper. Back to the future meets Godfather."

I hope he realizes what he's saying to me.
I think he's saying Looper is the best movie of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think he's saying Looper is the best movie of all time.
There is no other way to interpret his words. You have that one right on the nose.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys need to get serious and go see The Master. Looper is super great but The Master will be remembered years from now as the best movie from a strong year for movies (2012). It is challenging, thought provoking, and magical. Don't listen to that bastard Brodeur.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Master will be remembered as a movie that had some damn good acting but no focus and didn't achieve the same heights as other PTA movies. Looper will be remembered as a Science Fiction classic.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Master will be remembered as a movie that had some damn good acting but no focus and didn't achieve the same heights as other PTA movies. Looper will be remembered as a Science Fiction classic.
So you can speak in absolutes too. Agree to disagree because I do completely disagree with you here. Sci Fi classic is quite the strech. Dude who did Primer consulted on Looper. That is a sci fi classic. In all honesty and I will probably need to watch Looper again to be sure, I enjoyed Brick more as far as Rian Johnson films go. I really do think my opinion of Looper was effected by how great The Master was which I saw two hours before. Looper was fun as **** but imo lacked the substance that The Master brought to the table.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Watched that movie Goon on Netflix just because I like hockey and heard it wasn't terrible. Thought it was pretty funny and enjoyable but the ending was kind of weird. Didn't go in expecting anything but was pleasantly surprised with it. Didn't even mind crazy face all that much, but I can't for the life of me figure out why people think she's good looking. Weirdest face I've seen in awhile.

Need to go see Looper and The Master ASAP.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-04-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Mainly Looper.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I'm more excited about The Master simply because PTA is one of my favorite directors ever and PSH is the ******* man. Also intrigued by Joaquin Phoenix in this role as well. That initial trailer they released that featured him was flat out terrifyingly awesome. Will see both for certain and I rarely see movies in theaters because I'm a cheap/poor SOB.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
So you can speak in absolutes too. Agree to disagree because I do completely disagree with you here. Sci Fi classic is quite the strech. Dude who did Primer consulted on Looper. That is a sci fi classic. In all honesty and I will probably need to watch Looper again to be sure, I enjoyed Brick more as far as Rian Johnson films go. I really do think my opinion of Looper was effected by how great The Master was which I saw two hours before. Looper was fun as **** but imo lacked the substance that The Master brought to the table.
Let me make more of a point of this: Looper has more substance than The Master. The Master does not have a plot, the characters do not grow, and there's very little actual conflict in the movie. I very much enjoyed it, but it's more of a series of scenes than anything else. Looper expands on the whole "going back in time to kill Hitler/would you do it" theory, and handles time travel better than almost any movie out there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-04-2012, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Let me make more of a point of this: Looper has more substance than The Master. The Master does not have a plot, the characters do not grow, and there's very little actual conflict in the movie. I very much enjoyed it, but it's more of a series of scenes than anything else. Looper expands on the whole "going back in time to kill Hitler/would you do it" theory, and handles time travel better than almost any movie out there.
Looper handled time travel by making it a point of not handling time travel. I think the time travel was done very well and it was probably a good idea to not really go in specifics at all. I completely disagree with you about Looper having more substance than The Master. It did have a plot, just not a conventional one. The characters do grow and evolve, again just not in a conventional way. I thought there was a tremendous amount of conflict in the movie, not always between different characters. Really digging into the movie afterwards and discussing the nuances of the film I found there was just so much more meat if you will in The Master than there was in Looper. To each is own but I think you assessment is way off.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

say what you want about Mel Gibson, but the son-of-a-***** knows story structure

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I have no qualms with Mel, most sane people seem to praise him as a person.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have no qualms with Mel, most sane people seem to praise him as a person.
Thats actually not true. Im not going to cite examples because i would have to look them up. Quite frankly, i believe the onus is on you to educate yourself when you are misinformed. I am not going to spoon feed information to you. Mel Gibson needs severe mental help and many people formerly close to him have said he is a racist and anti semite. With all that said, Braveheart is awesome.

Edit- Maybe I cant be classified as a sane person, so take that all with a grain of salt.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could you not love this face?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote