Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guild Wars 2 is absolutely terrible. I'm hesitant on Dishonored, anything developed by/published by Bethesda makes me cringe. It does look interesting though, as their games usually do.

Soo.. Mass Effect again!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Guild Wars 2 is absolutely terrible. I'm hesitant on Dishonored, anything developed by/published by Bethesda makes me cringe. It does look interesting though, as their games usually do.

Soo.. Mass Effect again!
Well I like Bethesda so that works in my favor at least. As for GW2 why is it garbage? I have heard such good things.

Also what about AC Revelations and 3 as you omitted them from your response.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Well I like Bethesda so that works in my favor at least. As for GW2 why is it garbage? I have heard such good things.

Also what about AC Revelations and 3 as you omitted them from your response.
I always like the concept of Bethesda games, but playing them is another story for me.

GW2 just has nothing to do, that is fun anyway. Dungeons are just a zerg from the graveyard to continue the fight with bosses, as they do not reset when you die. Without the true dps/heal/tank roles, pve is just meh. Raids don't exist. The pvp is just awful. WvWvW is a joke, laggy and super unorganized (my server anyway). It ends up being giant uncoordinated groups that run in to each other most of the time. The battleground/warzone like pvp is decent, but the combat I found to be underwhelming.

I'm not the biggest AC fan, but I'd play AC over GW2. I really can't say for Dishonored as it hasn't even been released yet. It looks good, probably will be good, I'm just hesitant because of Bethesda's involvement.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-04-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm

Well I appreciate the input. I think I might give ME another shot. If not I will probably break down and get AC Revelations.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hmmm

Well I appreciate the input. I think I might give ME another shot. If not I will probably break down and get AC Revelations.
Revelations was probably my favorite AC. The first leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, but they've done a good job improving every game.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to buy the other AC's before 3 comes out. Which ones are the MUST play? Cuz there's like 4 or 5 of em isn't there?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not enough Halo 4 talk around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I need to buy the other AC's before 3 comes out. Which ones are the MUST play? Cuz there's like 4 or 5 of em isn't there?
I'd say the AC2 line of games, AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. The first one I'd skip and just watch the story online somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I really haven't been excited for it since it isn't Bungie, but I haven't followed the development close at all. So, sell me on this game!

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Halo 4 shall be epic. We'll need to get together a DC throwdown when it comes out.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"m take the wait and see approach. Bungie isn't making it, in one sense it can be great if they take a different take on it, on the other hand that different take could be tragic.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I actually think it'll be better because Bungie ISN'T making it. People forget 343 had a big hand in the franchise. I think they'll totally rock it.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I actually think it'll be better because Bungie ISN'T making it. People forget 343 had a big hand in the franchise. I think they'll totally rock it.
As a studio, they haven't developed a game. That's why I'm skeptical.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, after Reach the Halo franchise needed someone new. Reach was just, so so bad.

So far the things they have added and brought back are enough to pull me back in. I am skeptical of the grenades still (although you have to have a perk now to pick them up off dead bodies) and the melee system (same as reachs, punch someone twice and their dead. They need to revert back to halo 3's system). But the BR being brought back, no bloom with the redicle, new vehicles and tons of weapons. Plus every week they release new campaign missions for four player co-op. Basically CoD's spec ops but new every week and free. Even if multiplayer doesnt pan out, that will alone be worth it.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The BR is big for me. I used to rock that thing like nobody's business. Then for Reach they gave me a ******* DMR and I was like....what do I do with this??

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The DMR was one of the worst guns. I remember some bungie tech guy pumping it up like it was this great gun, "if youre a fan of the BR, youll love the DMR" he said. If you were a fan of the BR, you ******* hated that thing because the last shot was ridiculously stupid to hit with your aimer being so huge at that point.

Anyway I am down for some more SWDC clans. Despite Reach sucking, playing BTB with everyone was the most fun I had with that game. So many epic moments.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forget all you youngsters, bring back Halo 1 Shotgun. That shotgun was so powerful. Also Beaver/Battle Creek, I loved that level.

Halo 3 had the widest rang of weapons.

Shotgun/melee combo is fun. Also plasma pistol and melee.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I still love grenades.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
forget all you youngsters, bring back Halo 1 Shotgun. That shotgun was so powerful. Also Beaver/Battle Creek, I loved that level.

Halo 3 had the widest rang of weapons.

Shotgun/melee combo is fun. Also plasma pistol and melee.
Youngsters? I still play Halo 1 and have lan parties for it every now and then. I will pistol the **** out of you.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The DMR was one of the worst guns. I remember some bungie tech guy pumping it up like it was this great gun, "if youre a fan of the BR, youll love the DMR" he said. If you were a fan of the BR, you ******* hated that thing because the last shot was ridiculously stupid to hit with your aimer being so huge at that point.

Anyway I am down for some more SWDC clans. Despite Reach sucking, playing BTB with everyone was the most fun I had with that game. So many epic moments.
That was the best. That Halo 3 tournament was the great. As the 3rd best halo player (as per that tourney and playing with Jvig not to long ago) I cannot wait to see if we can do it again in Halo 4.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Better start practicing then. Think I need to buy a new xbox though =/. I also need a wired controller.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will definitely be purchasing Halo 4 when it comes out but I am admittedly hesitant about it. I didn't hate Reach as much as this board seems to, loved the custom maps/map building and such but yea I totally miss the BR. Will probably be down to play with y'all when it comes out. GT: ELDUDERINO1165

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Just finished Mass Effect 3 for the first time and with the Leviathan and added cut scene DLC it was no where near as bad as people made it out to be.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Pro slayer is the worst thing known to man.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was the best. That Halo 3 tournament was the great. As the 3rd best halo player (as per that tourney and playing with Jvig not to long ago) I cannot wait to see if we can do it again in Halo 4.
We definitely need to try and set up a Halo 4 tourney so I can smash you noobs again.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Elite slayer is a p.o.s too

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: