Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Hannover command a 2-1 win despite going a man down 8 minutes into the game, Gladbach have once again screwed themselves giving up some sloppy goals, being too imprecise in their build up, and wasting some chances up top. At least LdJ looks to be settling in with a goal and what should've been an assist had IdC not wasted his chance.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Shane Ferguson + Papiss Cisse = Goals

EDIT: Put Ferguson LB and move Santon to RB? Sounds better than Simmo playing...
I don't like Fergie at full back, he would get ripped to shreds in the EPL. He is a more than capable winger though, best crosser on the team probably.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I don't like Fergie at full back, he would get ripped to shreds in the EPL. He is a more than capable winger though, best crosser on the team probably.
Yeah, Santon and Fergie would be an extremely attacking pair of fullbacks lol.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to root against St. Pauli, but they need to lose today.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Hate to root against St. Pauli, but they need to lose today.
How has De Bruyne looked in the Bundesliga? Looks like he's scoring a decent bit.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How has De Bruyne looked in the Bundesliga? Looks like he's scoring a decent bit.
I've actually not watched Werder closely before today and the whole team has looked very sloppy. He's a talent when he gets the ball in position to go at players, but today was a very bad day to judge Werder's players as they were losing the ball in their own half and should've given up a lot more than the 3 goals they did end up letting Augsburg score.

That said I think he's in a good spot with Werder. They've been playing a lot without a true striker and a very attacking midfield where he gets to play a very vertical midfield role next to Junuzovic and Hunt, which will let him run at defenders, and get forward to score goals when he's not playing the false nine.

From what I've seen he reminds me a lot of Ramires and Marchisio. Guys who cover a lot of ground vertically and have the offensive skill to not just carry the ball to the attackers, but get forward and score when they get the chance.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just realised how much I actually like our players. Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, Perch, Coloccini, Santon, Shola, Sammy, Krul etc etc. They're all ******* legends.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Just realised how much I actually like our players. Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, Perch, Coloccini, Santon, Shola, Sammy, Krul etc etc. They're all ******* legends.
Looks like you share a different definition of 'legend' than the rest of the world...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I don't mean legends as players, but as...erm... I don't know how to put it. But I love them all. They're all awesome.

Like Demba an his interview about loving syrup, Papiss and how he smiles constantly, Ben Arfa with how amazing he is as a footballer, Perch is just the best player ever, Santon is super sexy, Coloccini is a great captain, Sammy is the funniest football i've heard/seen, Shola is a geordie legend, Cabaye is just a beautiful man, Tiote is an absolute tank, Krul and his sexy curtains and then Jonas and his attitude. So much love for our team.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 10-05-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

legend is a British term of endearment kinda.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

What Robert said.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-06-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there's a game we needed. Nice to see Micah back, even if just in place of Kompany. Not a perfect player but he recovers well and we could sure use the change on defense. Zabaleta has been the go-to RB since the Madrid disaster, and I think he's done really well the past 3 games or so. Micah will cut in to that, but it's as good as I'd expect any of our FB to play, really.

Milner starting today. Don't mind seeing it, one bit. Solid enough player, even picked up a goal on a deflected kick. I like him for the rotation. Barry and Yaya also in midfield. We just play better when Barry is in.

Aguero was a second-half sub but he certainly looked on point. We obviously need him and his finishing. Balo started, didn't do a whole lot but I'm just glad we got the feel of legit depth and a smart lineup, today. That should never be a problem for us, but it still was nice. Silva is looking better, ever so surely. Rodwell still found some time, but I don't mind that in a thrashing of Sunderland.

Can definitely get a good run going over the next few games to hopefully put us on track. I hate to look ahead, but November has at least 3 highlight games for which it would be nice to be in top form.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

City looked great today as did Chelsea.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Well there's a game we needed. Nice to see Micah back, even if just in place of Kompany. Not a perfect player but he recovers well and we could sure use the change on defense. Zabaleta has been the go-to RB since the Madrid disaster, and I think he's done really well the past 3 games or so. Micah will cut in to that, but it's as good as I'd expect any of our FB to play, really.

Milner starting today. Don't mind seeing it, one bit. Solid enough player, even picked up a goal on a deflected kick. I like him for the rotation. Barry and Yaya also in midfield. We just play better when Barry is in.

Aguero was a second-half sub but he certainly looked on point. We obviously need him and his finishing. Balo started, didn't do a whole lot but I'm just glad we got the feel of legit depth and a smart lineup, today. That should never be a problem for us, but it still was nice. Silva is looking better, ever so surely. Rodwell still found some time, but I don't mind that in a thrashing of Sunderland.

Can definitely get a good run going over the next few games to hopefully put us on track. I hate to look ahead, but November has at least 3 highlight games for which it would be nice to be in top form.
Also nice to give Hart an easy afternoon and reward him with his first clean sheet of the year after the performance he put in midweek.

October is indeed a crucial month for us where we can't afford to be dropping any points. West Brom, Ajax, Swansea, West Ham and Ajax again following today. Not necessarily an "easy" schedule but compared to the stretch we face following that we have to be in top form. Mid Nov-Mid Dec we have Spurs, Aston Villa, Madrid, Chelsea, Wigan, Everton, Dortmund, United, NUFC.

Solid start today. Milner's tireless work rate never gets old so definitely nice to see him get rewarded with a start and a goal to boot. Not sure why Rodwell was on the bench Wed over Barry but it looks like Mancini has hopefully come to his senses. Rodwell has quickly become the new whipping boy following the departure of Savic.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I hope Newcastle can carry over some of that good play we saw vs Bordeaux. I'm not too optimistic, however. No Colo vs. RVP and Rooney is a recipe for disaster.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I doubt we're going to be seeing a repeat of last season. We'll always be threat going forward as long as we have Ba, Cisse and Hatem, but stopping them from scoring is going to be the issue.

Quote:
@NUFCOfficial
#NUFC (4-4-2) v #MUFC: Harper; Santon, Williamson, Perch, Ferguson; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez (c); Ba, Cisse. #epl #newcastle
Quote:
@NUFCOfficial
#NUFC substitutes v #MUFC: Alnwick, Simpson, Bigirimana, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi. #epl #newcastle
It appears as though Pard's reads SWDC and took note of what I said. Thank you Alan. Something is telling me this is going to be an interesting/high scoring game.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 10-07-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Man, Fergie can't defend though lol. He's gonna get ripped to shreds unless Guti kicks into superhero track back mode. Whatever, if we're going down at least we'll do so in ablaze of glory. I do like having a left footed player at LB though.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Man, Fergie can't defend though lol. He's gonna get ripped to shreds unless Guti kicks into superhero track back mode. Whatever, if we're going down at least we'll do so in ablaze of glory. I do like having a left footed player at LB though.
He's probably just realised with Williamson at the back we have no chance of defending anyway, so we may aswell go all out to get goals. Definitely an interesting selection.

Quote:
@nufcfans
#MUFC team - De Gea - Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra - Welbeck, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa - Rooney, van Persie #NUFC
He should be able to deal with Welbeck at RM.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 10-07-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We're ******
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

god dammit.

well done steve harper

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

ffs, Harper. Massive let off there. This feels like it's gonna be 4-0.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Our defense sans Colo, Saylor and Krul is just terrible.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

**** this im killing myself.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Not even from open play/good goals. Well, I'll never turn off a Newcastle game after sticking with the Arsenal match, but I'm damn sure focusing on the cricket for a bit.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

And now we are playing really well. I don't get this team.