Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my iphone. This phone is amazing.

Coming from android to the iphone, there are a lot of noticeable differences that I just love about my iphone.

1. The fit and finish. It's just asthetically pleasing. It uses quality metals and glass, and just feels good in your hands. I held the s3, it was too big, and the cheap plastics used on it really turns you off after holding an iphone.

2. The apps. The apps on the iphone are just plain better than android. They have more apps, plus the apps that both platforms have, like pandora, ebay, fandango etc are just plain better on the iphone. It's very obvious that the software developers just spend more time on their iphone app vs their android app. This makes the app experience noticably better on the iphone to me. And apps are 90% of the battle.

3. Yeah the android platform is more "customizable", but just jailbreak your iphone and you can customize it just as much. In fact, maybe more.

4. IOS is just smoother. The interface is like a hot knife through butter.

5. Siri is the ****.

So yeah.

#teamiphone
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD...what happened to you? Used to be awesome.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg iphone!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will cut you....

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Stand in line with me bro. Join the movement.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey nerd(njx), how do i get the most out of my 3gs, without voiding warranty?

No I will not google that.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

It uses a google OS so imma ask here.

Has anyone tried the Chromebook?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't know what you're asking
How do I get the most out of my samsung galaxy s 3? Like make it better with various apps, or formatting, ect.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking about the Galaxy Nexus. It's only $350 direct from the G and while it's been out a while the specs still seem pretty high-end, especially for the price. And it has JellyBean, and presumably will get the next Android release before anybody else. Any downside here that I am missing?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Thinking about the Galaxy Nexus. It's only $350 direct from the G and while it's been out a while the specs still seem pretty high-end, especially for the price. And it has JellyBean, and presumably will get the next Android release before anybody else. Any downside here that I am missing?
Its amazing... That is all you need to know. When have I ever steered you wrong. Not to mention it will go great with that N7!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Its amazing... That is all you need to know. When have I ever steered you wrong. Not to mention it will go great with that N7!
Speaking of that, my in-laws are buying her an iPad so the N7 is mine! Though now I have to figure out something else to get her.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the next android release also depends on your service provider, if you don't break it, fwiw. but either way, this is likely a 5 year phone for me (barring any revolutionary changes in the meantime).
Hes talking the one directly from Google that gets the updates before the carrier ones. So its technically even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Speaking of that, my in-laws are buying her an iPad so the N7 is mine! Though now I have to figure out something else to get her.
Nice! I doubt you will be displeased. I basically have its big brother in the Transformer Prime and I love it. A coworker has the N7 and its a great device.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah I'll be getting the factory-unlocked (or should it be non-locked since it was never locked to begin with?) Gnex found here and will be using TMobile Monthly 4G. Can't wait.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I thought google was coming out with a whole lineup of new phones Nov, 5th.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wife's EVO fell apart so I just bought myself a Nexus S off of ebay for $75 and will give the wife my EVO 3D.
Love JB on my N7. Can't wait to have it on my phone as well now.

Anyone play with different launchers on their phone? I did for the first time and while it looks nice, my phone is noticeably slower. Is that the norm or should I try a different launcher / theme / etc?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

used nova launcher for my current home screen

And I fully plan on making my own icon pack in photoshop to get all the missing ones that they didn't have.

Last edited by bantx : 10-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I want an Galaxy S III or a iPhone 5. Decisions.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you know what type of response you're going to get in the Android thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't know if I want an Galaxy S III or a iPhone 5. Decisions.
Next Nexus (launching in a month or so).
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

There could be up to 5 new Nexus to choose from :-)

http://androidandme.com/2012/10/news...g-in-november/

I've heard good things about the LG Optimus so the Optimus Nexus is the phone that intrigues me the most right now. HTC, Samsung and Sony also rumored. It also just might be 4 phones and another tablet. Possibly a Nexus 10.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I think you know what type of response you're going to get in the Android thread
Well I am pro Android. I hate the user base of the iPhone. I'll take anyone willing to convince me to stay with Android. I'm on the fence currently.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Indeed. I am curious about this new Nexus. I just don't like how god damn big all the screens of Droids are. I know that's odd but I like a normal size phone. And my Droid X turned out to be a piece of crap.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I love the big screens. I got a 3.5" screen right now and its barely big enough. I liked the 4" screen my Atrix had much more and love the S3 screen.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If Google is releasing new Nexus phones I wonder if the old Nexus will drop in price again.

i done stole dis sig