Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone wants their guy to be elite, but the truth is there's nothing wrong with beng really good. Elite is a term very often abused on this forum. Eli is an elite QB, Chris Clemoms is an elite 4-3 DE, I'm sure I'm missing a lot more but these two have stuck out to me the last two weeks. I would put Eli top 5, and have hime as very good, maybe even great, but elite is uch a strong word especially in the world of sports.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
we could start with getting away from going 5 wide as often. which, granted, is a function of starting a bunch of crap on the o-line. but then, i think matt light was historically one of the most overrated offensive linemen of all time.

brady was always at his best with a shorter, underneath passing game, with a lot of spread-attack influence (minus the tebow spin moves). he was incredible at finding his receivers short and hitting them when they had space to make some moves with the ball. even the last time you actually had a running game (with dillon), the base passing game wasn't this weird, vertical offense mcdaniels seems to love.

and yes, brady can actually hit a deep out now, when he really couldn't his first few years. but he also spends a lot more time pressing, and attempting to make passes he doesn't need to make, even early in games. he's been much more susceptible to pressure since the knee (certainly not blaming him), and he was never good if you hit him to begin with.

though really, what's the best way to protect a bad defense? extend your drives. instead, the patriots seem to be trying to get the ball down field *faster* (i realize they're in the top half of the league in TOP, but i think every game i've watched so far, their TD drives have been FAR faster then they ever were a decade ago [which i also know is anecdotal and whatnot, so it could just be confirmation bias]).
I would agree and think most Pats fans would that Light was very overrated, he got killed whenever we'd play a team with a good pass rusher (although he had a great year last year surprisingly).

I also agree that Brady gets rattled when you hit him, thats always been the case and certainly much more so after the knee injury. Although this year he seems to be holding onto the ball alot longer resulting in alot more hits so idk whats up with that but yes getting to him has always been or should have been defenses blue print.

Scoring wise, I think weve shifted to adapt to how many points we can put up on the board and making teams one dimensional early on. I guess I just don't see the point now in throwing short passes with all the weapons we have now. Daniel graham, steve givens, brown, david patten, all did great things for us but were extremely limited so it makes sense that the offense revolved around short passes with space to work with. None of those guys were going to burn anyone deep consistently. And maybe its because I'm a Pats fan, but I'm just as high on brady as I was when we were a dynasty. Idk I get what you mean, but I'm not sure if reverting back to that kind of attack would be as effective in the NFL today.

Also, I am with you on the woodhead and reverse trick plays Rondald mcdonald calls. The guy pisses me off to no end. Yeah lets only give Gronk two pass plays and RIdley the ball 3 times over Woodheads 15. Great game plan jack ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 10-05-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So we didn't hear in the offseason about how Eli lost Steve Smith, and Kevin Boss, and how he lost 2 OLmen in Seubert and O'Hara and they were all gonna be hard to replace? We didn't hear about how the Giants weren't even gonna make the playoffs and those losses were a large reason for it? You're the delusional one if you think that didn't happen.

Look I get it. I've been on this forum for awhile, and I've seen Eli get hated on here for a long time.

But it's time to shut up and give the man his due. He proved it. Get over it.
Kevin Boss was a average TE who got hyped up by NY media. Steve was injured and the only time I remember anyone talking about Steve Smith was when Coughlin got mad when he signed with the eagles. Ohara and Seubert who were done? I heard about them a little bit more than I did on how titans were going to replace Eugene Amano.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Why are talking about Eli..? he has done what he has done this is a week 5 discussion eh?

He isn't the prettiest when he plays at the same time he is fearless and being durable at his position is key. His brother is the better QB though, not sure what we are discussing here.
You must be new here...take a seat over there.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
his yards per game was nearly identical, catches per game being down. further, he was in an entirely different offensive system. this is another case where the numbers are not truly representative of the caliber of play.
The systems may have been different but the amount of pass attempts per year over that span was 528 in New England and 525 in Seattle. Branch wasn't even the #1 targeted receiver like he was in New England. His first year there he was still behind Darrell Jackson, who was just ending the good part of his career, and then Bobby Engram had a career resurgence. Not to mention that going from Tom Brady to Matt Hasselbeck and Seneca Wallace you would expect a slight decrease in numbers.

I think a lot of people overrated Branch because of that great Super Bowl performance. Given what they traded for him and his contract, the Seahawks for among them. The Seahawks definitely overpaid for Branch and didn't get their money's worth but that doesn't mean Branch sucked in Seattle, he didn't. He was never a legitimate #1 threat in New England, he was a high-end #2 at best. That is exactly what he was in Seattle. It is not like he went from elite WR to terrible. He went from slightly above average to average.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't give up a #1 pick for a WR because you think he'll be average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
You must be new here...take a seat over there.
don't get so worked up
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
You don't give up a #1 pick for a WR because you think he'll be average.
That is my point. The Seahawks vastly overpaid for Branch and that led to people thinking he was more than he actually was, which was a very good #2 option that could have a big game here and there.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think BBD's BBall trolling is starting to trickle down to his football a little bit.
Except Eli is actually elite. It's why he's been one of the best late game and hurry-up QBs since he came into the league.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Except Eli is actually elite. It's why he's been one of the best late game and hurry-up QBs since he came into the league.
He's great. I'm sure most of us would love him on our team...but not Elite. Only 2 people get to claim that title atm...Rodgers and Brady.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Everyone wants their guy to be elite, but the truth is there's nothing wrong with beng really good. Elite is a term very often abused on this forum. Eli is an elite QB, Chris Clemoms is an elite 4-3 DE, I'm sure I'm missing a lot more but these two have stuck out to me the last two weeks. I would put Eli top 5, and have hime as very good, maybe even great, but elite is uch a strong word especially in the world of sports.
There's a clear separation between Eli and guys like Rivers, Romo, Cutler, Ryan and Schaub. Those guys are very good. Eli's elite, he may not be at the top of the elite tier, as I'd put him behind Brady for sure, but he's in a tier above the "just very good" guys.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think though Brees hasn't won a game yet he is still elite... come on now.
Go Amare.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/elite

Quote:
b. The best or most skilled members of a group
Eli is not elite...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I think though Brees hasn't won a game yet he is still elite... come on now.
That's not completely on him his defense sucks balls.

I would also be hard-pressed to put him there. He's with Eli in that, great but not quite elite, tier.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting how only giants fans think Eli is elite..... I'm sleep tho
Old 10-05-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
That's not completely on him his defense sucks balls.

I would also be hard-pressed to put him there. He's with Eli in that, great but not quite elite, tier.
That is my point.. his defense has been horrible..

What does Brees not do? is today the day he is no longer elite?

He has been elite for a good 3 years now hasn't he?
Go Amare.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd still say brees is elite. no one will agree, but i think winning has become overrated when evaluating QB's.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing Brees didn't do in that game vs. Green Bay was catch his own passes, rush Aaron Rodgers, stop the run, and make 40 yard field goals.

I mean he was 35/54, for 446 yards, when we were absolutely dreadful running the ball, and converted multiple 3rd & long situations into tight coverages with pinpoint passes, and that was with dropped passes.

On the final drive before the missed field goal, on 3rd down he had the ball right into Sproles' hands and he dropped it. I think he's been the only reason the Saints have been competitive at all.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love it. I blame fantasy football for this.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
i'd still say brees is elite. no one will agree, but i think winning has become overrated when evaluating QB's.
It's incredibly overrated. It always has been.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gotta love it. I blame fantasy football for this.
I hate fantasy football. I do like math and logic, however.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, the elite qbs in this league are currently Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Eli, and maybe Ben. Peyton could be still, I don't know yet.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I hate fantasy football. I do like math and logic, however.
Except when math involves wins and losses. Then you don't like it.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Except when math involves wins and losses. Then you don't like it.
False. W-L is useful for the evaluation of teams. It's far less useful when evaluating one of 53 players, even if it typically is the most important one.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I noticed the number crunchers on here are typically baseball fans too. But football and baseball are completely different sports.