Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-05-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need Nicks and Kenny to be back next week. Hosley would be nice to, but those two we have to have back.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put the JV team in! One would think it's week 15 or 16 in the season with everyone hurt. Nope! Week 5 baby!

So I guess, Cruz, Hixon, and then JJ and Randle as our Wr corps.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley, Rolle, Snee, Webster questionable.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Boley, Rolle, Snee, Webster questionable.
WHAT THE ****

I expect Rolle and Webster to play though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
WHAT THE ****

I expect Rolle and Webster to play though
Ummmmmm go Scarlet Knights! Forenci will pay for his transgressions tomorrow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omg, I want to take the biggest dump on Connecticut tomorrow.

Sorry Forenci. But **** Connecticut.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know why I always get so pissed when people discredit Eli. I don't understand what the poor guy has to do at this point. I also vowed I would never discuss him again in the NFL Forum but I just can't help myself.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks' injuries cloud his Giants future

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-giants-future

Quote:
And that issue is this: Can the Giants realistically expect to keep both Nicks and Cruz long-term? And if not, which should they pick?
Quote:
Except, of course, for this little matter of the injuries. Nicks is no stranger to leg problems. He missed two games in his rookie season, three in his second season and one last year, and this year's count is already up to three. He also missed training camp this season due to the foot bone he broke in spring practice. No matter how highly you think of him (and I do think quite highly of him), this is his fourth year and he's had injuries in all four that have cost him games. That stuff matters when assessing a player's value.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Since you bring that up I'm very surprised we haven't locked up any of our younger players yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I posted an Eli stats in this thread a while back about times we throw downfield. If you can find it it's a good one. I will see on BBI if someone has it.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I give up arguing about Eli. I vowed not to do it anymore. Whatever like I've said the last 2 or 3 years all of us here know what we have.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

NFL.com QB rankings article.

Here are some stats posted on BBI.

109 -- Passing attempts of longer than 20 yards by Eli Manning in 2011, 20 more than the next quarterback in the deep-ball rankings.

88.5 -- Percentage of drop-backs on which Eli Manning was pressured but avoided being sacked, the best escape rate in the league (minimum: 100 pressures).

220 -- League-high number of plays on which Giants linemen allowed such pressure, 15 more than any other team.

All of that gives you even more info on how good Manning was last season, and how bad the offensive line was. It makes the 4,933 yards passing and all of those comebacks seem even more amazing..
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I am creating a stat dumping thread so we have stuff easily accessible. I hate posting stuff and then going back where to find it.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the giants don't win I will most definitely need to be on suicide watch, this week has ****** me sideways.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The tackling from this defense is awful. The linebackers are awful at shooting gaps and making tackles, the DBs aren't great tacklers outside of Rolle, the back 7 just does a terrible job wrapping up.

The biggest problems are in the LB core. We talked up this LB core all offseason and TC how good and deep they are. Well, the truth is, this LB core is awful.

Boley is strictly a coverage LB. He's useless in the run game. He's soft in the run game and can't play downhill at all. Kiwi isn't a linebacker, and can't wrap up. Chase is just washed up. I'm sorry, I love the guy but he sucks. He gets washed out of almost every play.

Our linebackers are a big problem. We need Herzlich to start to get a spark in the LB core, we need to replace all 3 starting linebackers next year.

I'm hoping we let Boley walk, let Williams get the WILL spot, replace Chase with Herzlich, and we need a solution at SAM.

Bc right now, this starting LB core is pathetic. And something needs to be done about it.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB could use a good overhaul. I like Boley though, even if he does suck in the run game. It's never bad to have a coverage LB who can neutralize the tight end.

Overall we did okay. Richardson is a tough back. I'm more concerned with our lack of pass rush. JPP was getting wrecked on a few plays.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And Justin Tuck is pissing me off.

Ditto for Osi. Want an easy 7 yards? Just run right at Osi. 7 yards easy.

The only person on that DL that's earning his paycheck is JPP. Joseph is mediocre too. He's not worth extending. He's a 2 down run thumper who offers nothing as a pass rusher. We can replace him in the middle of the draft.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Chase hate has got to stop. He's pretty damn good in coverage for a white dude. he knows the D and is the QB back there, we can't over look that. Boley's been very meh thus far, but has made good plays on the ball. Rivers should be our SAM, dude just can't stay healthy. There are so many other problems on this D. We need Canty back, we need pressure up front, and we need depth at DB. Brown made nice plays, Hill too, but were just meh in coverage.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, Chase isn't that good Scotty. He's a solid back up and good special teams player but there is no way he should be starting for us. And he's not a good cover linebacker. He gets the occasionally gimme interception but other than that he's not too great.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the Chase hate has got to stop. He's pretty damn good in coverage for a white dude. he knows the D and is the QB back there, we can't over look that. Boley's been very meh thus far, but has made good plays on the ball. Rivers should be our SAM, dude just can't stay healthy. There are so many other problems on this D. We need Canty back, we need pressure up front, and we need depth at DB. Brown made nice plays, Hill too, but were just meh in coverage.
I don't care what color he is. He just doesn't have it anymore. He can't make tackles, he can't shed blocks, he doesn't pursue the ball, he's just not good. I don't know how you can say he's been doing good, he's been awful. Knowing the plays is overrated. Boley could call the plays. It's not like Chase is audibling like how Pierce did.

He had 3 tackles. 3 ******* tackles. From our middle linebacker vs a team that ran the ball right at our front 7 the entire first half. 3 tackles.

He's awful. I love Chase, but he was on the street for a reason. It's time to bench him.

And the front 4 doesn't get pressure bc everyone is max protecting vs us and Fewell isn't blitzing to counter it bc he doesn't trust our secondary.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

you killed your own argument with the "on the street for a reason" line. God forbid everyone remember how much better our D was when we signed him. He's not a world beater, and we could obviously use an upgrade, but it's so far down the list of needs it's ridiculous. Let's worry about improving our dog **** Dline. the one that's gotten no pressure and is getting devoured. It's embarrassing
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry Scotty, but Blackburn needs to ride pine the rest of the season. Actually I logged on just to rant about him, but saw that he already had gotten torn a new asshole by BBD. Just look at one of the many screens they ran at us, or the off tackle runs, or even the ones right up our gut. He was going backwards or ending up on the ground almost every time. I like him a lot as a person and he will always be a part of Giants history, but he is best suited for special teams and as a emergency option at LB at this point in his career.

Otherwise, good win today. The offense was awesome, when you consider the injuries. Reuben Randle played well, that was nice to see. I heard Eli had a 1 on 1 session with him on thursday night, going over plays for this game. Eli is so awesome.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I hate our defense so much! Year in and year out for the regular season I now have lowered my expectations to nothing. I hate that side of the ball. Stupid defense can't do anything! Damn shoot out with the damn browns. Lol
Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I hate our defense so much! Year in and year out for the regular season I now have lowered my expectations to nothing. I hate that side of the ball. Stupid defense can't do anything! Damn shoot out with the damn browns. Lol
To be fair to the defense though, two of their scoring drives came after turnovers which put them in excellent field position, and one came after a long kick return. But yeah, they haven't played up to their normal standards.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

as much as we could upgrade over Chase, we don't have anyone to do it. Herz hasn't seen anytime, and I trust the coaching staff over us. I just wanna see Rivers healthy because he's awesome. Kiwi did literally nothing today. I wanna just throw him back at DE because that's where he'd do the best for us at this point
Quote: