Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong I don't think he will be close to what Moss was, but I think he's going to start getting more involved vertically. He has gone deep a few times but has mainly been playing intermediate, I think when Hernandez comes back we will be able to use Lloyd deep more which should result in some big plays and then will keep defenses more honest. That will just open everything up more.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see that potential opening up more with Hernandez in the mix, definitely. I really hope he stays healthy once he comes back, I pegged him as having a huge year here coming into the season (although I think most people did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gregory is out. Wilson is probably starting. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For whatever reason, I am feeling fairly confident about this game. Gut feeling.

Also Hernandez is now questionable for this weekend. Nice.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 10-05-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:05 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so confident the Patriots will win, but they should be able to score some points. Here's the preview for NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...tml#more-20745
Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Gregory is out. Wilson is probably starting. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this.
I have been really impressed with Wilson in underneath zone and some man coverage. He was a huge reason for Nink's sack against Buffalo. However, I would worry about the Pats' ability to cover the deep part of the field. Neither Wilson, in his short time here, or Chung have shown a great ability to patrol center field. The one thing that may help is Manning hasn't been great going deep for Denver.

I am just guessing here, but I feel McCourty may see a lot of man coverage against Thomas. Thomas primarily lines up on the right side of the offense and will be matched up on McCourty. McCourty's game could be a huge thing in deciding this game. I fully believe we will see a lot of underneath zone n Stokley and Decker while one of the two TEs may be bracketed by Mayo and Wilson/Chung.

The front 4 stopping the run will be huge too. If they can force Denver to be one dimensional then I think this game will get too far ahead of the Broncos.

Offensively I think Brady should have a good day. The o-line had a great day against a much better (on paper anyway) front against Buffalo. If they can move d-linemen off the ball I really don't like Denver's LBs and safeties in the run game. If the running game is solid then play action should kill their back 7. Gronk is my guy for a big day tomorrow

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Matt, in the future of those write ups you should predict a final score. Nice job tho once again.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Matt, in the future of those write ups you should predict a final score. Nice job tho once again.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been considering doing that, so maybe I'll start next week. How about 27-24? I don't think we'll see the same offensive explosion that we have previously because New England won't have either tight end at full strength and because Peyton Manning will be able to keep the Broncos on the field longer than Tim Tebow did, but I'm hopeful for a win.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm finally back home and have a decent internet connection for the first time since the Arizona game, and now I can't even watch tonight's game since I have to get up real ******* early tomorrow to go to a job interview... I think we have a real chance of winning this game. If we can force Denver into being one dimensional by stifling the run and forcing Manning to throw it 40+ times I think we're going to win relatively easy. If not, look for a close game. All I want to see is BB throwing the sink at Manning all night and have him running for his live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah that O-line has not been too helpful keeping Manning clean.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
This could be a very big moment for him, he has played well in limited time this year and has had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. We all like him but there are questions, and most of those questions revolve around what he would do if he played a bigger part. I don't like that his moment is coming when we are 2-2 and playing Peyton Manning, but I have faith in him and this will be a big test.

Feed Moncrief
Old 10-07-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, Rob Gronkowski is hurt really badly and playing through it.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Nink must frequent these parts of the board. Hes having a good day.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

A lot to talk about, but before I write everything just wanted to point out that Dennard was locked up on his man whenever he was in.

Feed Moncrief
Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I came in here specifically to give Dennard some props. Great game for him.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Agreed, he looked real sexy (despite it only being like three plays haha). Probably because its been awhile since weve seen a DB play good man on man coverage on this team. Really would be huge if he panned out for us. Tavon did an alright job from what I could tell too.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
A lot to talk about, but before I write everything just wanted to point out that Dennard was locked up on his man whenever he was in.
So was Dowling. And McCourty (for all his downsides) was basically with everyone stride for stride.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
So was Dowling. And McCourty (for all his downsides) was basically with everyone stride for stride.
Too bad he didn't make a single attempt to turn his ******* head around.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Too bad he didn't make a single attempt to turn his ******* head around.
This clearly isn't a McCourty thing. By watching every Pats defender it is obvious this is how they are being coached.

I can't remember who I read from on twiter, but he said the Pats DBs appear to be getting told to read the WRs eye and make a play then. However most of the time that is too late

Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I know it is still early, however I think Brady is primed for a big second half of the year. Ask any defensive coordinator, head coach, expert, analysts, guy in the street etc about who you want to stop for the Pats and they will say Brady, and rightfully so. Brady has been the Pats offense for the last 5 years. However if this run game can be as dominant as it has been teams will have to adjust.

The Pats have nearly 500 yards rushing the last 2 weeks. Sooner or later defenses are going to have to commit to stopping the run. When Brady starts seeing more 8 man boxes then it's time to have some fun.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

The fact that we are running the ball like this with Hernandez coming back just makes me happy in the pants. Don't know how else to put it.

Feed Moncrief
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I was saying the same exact thing yesterday. Now we just need to be able to continue sustain drives when were up in the second half and we'll be looking pretty good.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The running game is the biggest difference between McDaniels and O'Brien. Josh is so much better at designing run plays.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I was saying the same exact thing yesterday. Now we just need to be able to continue sustain drives when were up in the second half and we'll be looking pretty good.
The only thing I can think of offensively is that after being able to get things going through the no huddle, when they go conservative and slow things down they get out of rhythm. Although, had they punted on 4th and 5 yesterday and Ridley didn't fumble I think it would have been much more comfortable than it ultimately was

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The running game is the biggest difference between McDaniels and O'Brien. Josh is so much better at designing run plays.
Yeah, with all the abuse we give him for some play calls he has really been able to get a terrific ground game drawn up

Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
The only thing I can think of offensively is that after being able to get things going through the no huddle, when they go conservative and slow things down they get out of rhythm. Although, had they punted on 4th and 5 yesterday and Ridley didn't fumble I think it would have been much more comfortable than it ultimately was.

Yeah, with all the abuse we give him for some play calls he has really been able to get a terrific ground game drawn up
I'm very satisfied with the Offense so far. It's nice to see some true balance, and I think the addition of Fells as another TE who can actually block has made a visible difference.

Is anybody disappointed with Lloyd though? I know he's had some tough matchups so far this season (Peterson, McCourty, Bailey, and Webb) but he really hasn't made that much of an impact so far. The stats look ok, but in reality he's pretty much giving us what Branch did last season. With how good the running game has looked this year there should really be some vertical passing open down the field with play action. However, Lloyd doesn't get enough separation, and Brady seems hesitant to throw to him when he's covered. The vertical element is the only thing missing with this offense, and with it this team could be unstoppable, unfortunately that deep threat still seems to be missing on the roster.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote