Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How Good Is This Interior OL Class?

The more I read and watch the more I am starting to realize that this seems to be a potentially exceptional interior OL class.

Chance Warmack
Barrett Jones
John Cooper
Khaled Holmes

All these players look like day 1 starters and potential dominant players.

Is this an exceptional interior OL class?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see what people love so much about Holmes. He's a quality athlete who can reach guys in zone and get up to LB's on the second level but he plays high without a very good base and because of it doesn't anchor well and ends up on the ground too much. He's going to be a guy who struggles vs. big, powerful NT's. Reminds me a lot of Chris Chester coming out.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barrett Jones that good or is he just really versatile?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah to those that follow it, clearly obvious it is a stacked class potentially. I think Holmes is a good center but Cave is possibly better than he is. Will be very interesting where Barrett Jones will go, I think possibly as a center but if not that position tackle would work better than guard I feel for him but it is hard to say.

At guard if some juniors come out, you have easily eight very good guards in the draft. And I am sure I forgot a few.

OG
Chance Warmack Alabama
Alvin Bailey Arkansas JR
Jonathan Cooper UNC
Spencer Long Nebraska JR
Patrick Omameh Michigan RS
Michael Philipp Oregon State RS JR
Travis Bond UNC
James Wilson Florida
Omoregie Uzzi Georgia Tech
Brian Thomas Texas A&M
John Sullen Auburn

C
Barrett Jones Alabama
Braxston Cave Notre Dame
Khaled Holmes USC
James Ferentz Iowa
Patrick Lewis Texas A&M

Got some really fine sophomore guard prospects as well who could be even better than some of years guards.

Josue Matias Florida State
Aaron Morris Ole Miss
Tre' Jackson Florida State
John Miller Louisville
David Yankey Stanford
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
versatility is his top asset. His game doesn't translate as well to the pros as other top OG/Cs, but he will likely be a very good center in the NFL for a while.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Dallas Thomas is listed as a tackle by Scott, but he's playing guard this season, and that's where he's best suited to play at the next level as well.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I know Dallas Thomas is listed as a tackle by Scott, but he's playing guard this season, and that's where he's best suited to play at the next level as well.
I dunno, I think he's a pretty damn good tackle too, no? Arguably the top SR at that spot.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was never that impressed with him as a tackle. He seemed to do just OK. I remember him getting beat a bit by speedy guys on the edge.

The Vols offensive line is playing much better this season and the main change they made was flipping Thomas inside and playing Tiny at LT.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
That's really the question. I'm not sure his athletic talent warrants him being drafted as high as some might (top 15), but his versatility basically says he can play all 5 OL spots (I wouldn't start him at LT, personally).

He's probably going to be one of those guys that you can fit into any starting OL lineup and not get out of it for 10+ years, but never be the guy that is in the All Pro or Pro Bowl consideration.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, and Travis Frederick is better than anyone you listed, but he's a Jr. and may not come out. This is a BEASTLY OG class though. Holmes is a bit overrated, since he's almost strictly a ZBS C, since he lacks anything resembling an anchor. Barrett Jones will be in the area of a Nick Hardwick type C (with more bulk), where he's incredibly smart, will make all the calls and is everything you want mentally, and will do everything technically right, but doesn't do anything to wow you and doesn't have an elite ceiling. I need to do more scouting on Cooper to get a real gauge on him.

I said it all last year that Warmack is a better prospect than DeCastro is. And he's a beast, and definitely a 1st rounder, but IMO, Frederick is a special kind of player.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duffman57 Yes, and Travis Frederick is better than anyone you listed, but he's a Jr. and may not come out. This is a BEASTLY OG class though.
I really liked Frederick last year, but this year spending some time at center and really not playing that well and that Wisconsin offensive line in general is a disappointment so far I feel, especially Havenstein who is not dominating like he should.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about D.J Fluker as an OG?

The more I watch him the more I dot think he can play LT but he is so big and powerful.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

How do you think Warmack compares to other elite OG prospects like DeCastro and Iupati.

To me he is a combination of the two. He moves better than Iupati, but I don't think is as powerful, and he is more powerful than DeCastro, but does not move as well.

Then again I have only seen 1 game so far.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
JohnCandy What about D.J Fluker as an OG?

The more I watch him the more I dot think he can play LT but he is so big and powerful.
Good point, and I agree he could easily be moved over to guard if he cannot check it at offensive tackle. But that would be kind of a surprise, he is not that bad at it. Cordy Glenn was a given at guard, but played tackle his senior year, got beat a lot actually and gave up a lot of sacks if I can remember, now he starts at tackle in the NFL.

If Glenn can stick at tackle in the NFL Fluker can probably as well, and he is more powerful than Glenn was last year and that is saying something.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I really liked Frederick last year, but this year spending some time at center and really not playing that well and that Wisconsin offensive line in general is a disappointment so far I feel, especially Havenstein who is not dominating like he should.
Yeah, but he's really not a Center. Its good that he can show that he can be really solid there, and that he doesn't have a problem there, but like i said before, he's nothing more than a spot starter there in the NFL, because he can snap really well. With the big body he has, you want him to get a little head start going downhill and mauling the crap out of people like he was able to do last year. He was WAY better than Zeitler last year, and because of how dominant this class is, he'll probably get drafted a tad later, but i think he should still be a 1st rounder, but not great tape at C this year, may bump him to the mid/late 2nd, but i dont see him dropping any lower than that.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
jdhommert
Rookie

jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to hear as a Rams fan.

What do you guys think about Ricky Wagner? I thought I remember him being considered as a top 5 guy for sure, but now at least in CBS's rankings he's barely holding on to a top 10 lineman spot and mocked as a 2nd-3rd round guy. Has he not played well this year, or am I off my rocker thinking I remember him as a better ranked player?
jdhommert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhommert View Post
Good to hear as a Rams fan.

What do you guys think about Ricky Wagner? I thought I remember him being considered as a top 5 guy for sure, but now at least in CBS's rankings he's barely holding on to a top 10 lineman spot and mocked as a 2nd-3rd round guy. Has he not played well this year, or am I off my rocker thinking I remember him as a better ranked player?
He's just plain bad as a pass protector. He's super stiff and is going to get beat pretty easy off the edge vs anyone with speed.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Don't see what people love so much about Holmes. He's a quality athlete who can reach guys in zone and get up to LB's on the second level but he plays high without a very good base and because of it doesn't anchor well and ends up on the ground too much. He's going to be a guy who struggles vs. big, powerful NT's. Reminds me a lot of Chris Chester coming out.
The Packers could use him for their zone blocking scheme.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bulldog0123

I really like Alvin Bailey from Arkansas.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the word on Larry Warford out of Kentucky? 6'3, 343, NFLDS likes him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

What do you guys think of Dallas Thomas?

He was at LT, but has been moved to LG and has looked pretty good.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
What do you guys think of Dallas Thomas?

He was at LT, but has been moved to LG and has looked pretty good.
Best guard (and maybe the best O-Lineman) right now other than Warmack. Might be worth a top 25 pick. He actually stood out to me at LT when I was watching Bray vs. Bama last season before I even knew who he was. He's best off at guard but I still think he could be a starting RT as well. Reminds me of Willie Colon who could have been an awesome guard had they developed him from the beginning though he was a pretty solid tackle as well.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Best guard (and maybe the best O-Lineman) right now other than Warmack. Might be worth a top 25 pick. He actually stood out to me at LT when I was watching Bray vs. Bama last season before I even knew who he was. He's best off at guard but I still think he could be a starting RT as well. Reminds me of Willie Colon who could have been an awesome guard had they developed him from the beginning though he was a pretty solid tackle as well.
That's some pretty high praise coming from you, Tacks! I'd love for him to sneak into the 1st RD, like James Carpenter two years back. It was pretty unselfish to move inside to Guard so Tiny Richardson could get on the field. So it'd be nice if it would all pay off for Thomas, especially now that he has great film at both LT and LG.

The Vols skill positions get a ton of love, and deservedly so. Braysed God is illegal in the state of Utah, and Justin Hunter is heading for a 1st RD selection as well. But the OL should get just as much attention. Richardson is playing LT in the SEC as a true sophomore, and Dallas Thomas is likely heading to the 1st Team All-SEC team with Warmack. But there's also James Stone, who can play any of the interior OL spots, at Center, and two hella experienced juniors on the right side with RT JaWuan James and RG Zach Fulton. New OL Coach Sam Pittman has really shaped an underperforming group that sucked under Harry Heistand.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
That's some pretty high praise coming from you, Tacks! I'd love for him to sneak into the 1st RD, like James Carpenter two years back. It was pretty unselfish to move inside to Guard so Tiny Richardson could get on the field. So it'd be nice if it would all pay off for Thomas, especially now that he has great film at both LT and LG.

The Vols skill positions get a ton of love, and deservedly so. Braysed God is illegal in the state of Utah, and Justin Hunter is heading for a 1st RD selection as well. But the OL should get just as much attention. Richardson is playing LT in the SEC as a true sophomore, and Dallas Thomas is likely heading to the 1st Team All-SEC team with Warmack. But there's also James Stone, who can play any of the interior OL spots, at Center, and two hella experienced juniors on the right side with RT JaWuan James and RG Zach Fulton. New OL Coach Sam Pittman has really shaped an underperforming group that sucked under Harry Heistand.
Are those two gremlin twins Big Phil recruited a few years back still around? The terrible ones that both started.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Are those two gremlin twins Big Phil recruited a few years back still around? The terrible ones that both started.
The Sullins twins? God no. They were walk-ons. And they cost us the 2009 game against Bama.