Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"we ain't come to play SCHOOL," is now one of my favorite quotes.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
"we ain't come to play SCHOOL," is now one of my favorite quotes.
Seconded here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
From the Big Ten thread:

I said this elsewhere, but he's not wrong. He's there for football. He knows that. Urban Meyer knows that. Ohio State knows that. The NCAA knows that.

The whole premise of the "student-athlete" is just used to justify not paying these minor league players.

Ohio State specifically picks ******** classes where these kids don't have to spend anytime studying or doing work. Let's not kid ourselves that this is about academics at all.

It's better or worse depending on the institution, but it's pretty much a joke everywhere.
I just found it funny that he would choose "we ain't come here to play school"

The way I see it is football is essentially an internship for their real world profession.

to a point he's right school is to an extent pointless, what's important is work experience.

However, there's only a handful of guys who will make it to the NFL. You would think they'd use their opportunity at a full scholarship to get a degree in a field which they can actually put to use in the future.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you all never read a high school recruit's twitter before? At least all the words he used are real words.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
However, there's only a handful of guys who will make it to the NFL. You would think they'd use their opportunity at a full scholarship to get a degree in a field which they can actually put to use in the future.
1) Most of them come from places where the public education system resembles something you would find in Zimbabwe. In many cases, they neither have the appreciation for education, nor the necessary skills to do well.

2) They are recruited with dreams of the NFL pumped into their heads. Combine that with the natural arrogance of being a young kid and the adoration they've received all of their lives. Almost every kid at a school like Ohio State is expecting to play in the NFL. It's stupid, but it's true.

3) Even if they had the necessary skills, intellect, and ambition to do well in school, they are severely limited in the amount of time they have to do take serious classes. Challenging classes are usually discouraged so that kids can stay eligible and APR numbers are kept high. Any coach that says otherwise is lying.

As a graduate assistant at Minnesota for 5 years, I saw one college football or basketball player in any of my classes, and he was a walk-on. Conversely, I had many student athletes from pretty much every other sport (baseball, hockey, track, every women's sport there was). Now, I teach at a D3 school, and I have a ton of football players because they aren't sheltered from real classes. It's not a coincidence.

I get that the kid is going to be mocked, and he is clearly pretty stupid, but people should also take this as an opportunity to consider just what the hell college athletics is all about. He's not an abnormality.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 10-05-2012 at 08:13 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Syracuse has some ball players on defense.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These teams are AWFUL, DG.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Am I missing something, or can this dude not spell his own name properly?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go to a school with only D1 hockey, and almost never see a player even in the hallway. That's just how high level college athletics work, this dude just had the balls to say it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case there actually is another person on this earth watching this game right now, why is BYU in the hurry up when they're up in a 6-3 game in the 4th quarter?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first drink was just to "**** Uconn". so there's that. sorry forenci, but I hate you today. Let's go Rutgers!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
These teams are AWFUL, DG.
I was literally 9/10ths asleep watching that game but Brandon Sharpe and Shamarko Thomas looked pretty good.

CATHOLICS VS CONVICTS TONIGHT LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I go to a school with only D1 hockey, and almost never see a player even in the hallway. That's just how high level college athletics work, this dude just had the balls to say it.
I don't think balls is the right word.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Saine was in one of my Econ classes. A 500 level Econ class that we got graded on attendance. He showed up twice out of 20 classes to take the midterm and the final.

Laurinitis was in my calc class. Quite the opposite tho, he sat in the front row everyday and blocked half the board with his gigantic neck and shoulders.

Ill never care about what players think about their classes. We don't bother pretending to think they're there for academics, so why should they? Why bother making them take underwater basket weaving just so we can call them "students."

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ahh I can't wait till 12. I can't wait to mess those Huskies up. I'm an idiot for not going to the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Love our black uni's except for having our F.A.M.I.L.Y acronym on the nameplate. Cheesy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wildcats are about to be tamed to day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

3-0 early. Defense looks awesome per usu.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
first drink was just to "**** Uconn". so there's that. sorry forenci, but I hate you today. Let's go Rutgers!!!!
I love occasions to hate Forenci! Go Rutgers!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone catch this sign this morning?

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i must've missed when penn state turned into notre dame.
Might as well put all Wake Forest games on too, they're equally lousy.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That pi against penn state was terrible. Happened right in front of.me. bad call. Obrien went after the ref. Fitzgerald went after obrien. Harbaugh-schwartz interchange. Fitz turned around and made a hilarious face at the bench, it was great.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Do people still think Logan Thomas is a QB?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate not being able to throw in the MAC. But freshman RB Devin Campbell is having a fine game. Center Trevor Sales is mauling people out there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I love this Rutgers D!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher