Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default BCS Prediction Thread

Unlike pretty much everyone else on earth, I'm a fan of the BCS and enjoy making projections. Feel free to make your own or comment on what I've got.

Alabama (13-0) vs. Notre Dame (12-0)

-I'm always uncomfortable predicting two undefeated teams, but these look like reasonable bets considering the remaining games, especially Alabama.

Important games (Alabama): @LSU, SEC Championship Game
Important games (Notre Dame): Stanford, BYU, @Oklahoma, @USC

Nebraska (10-3) vs. Oregon (12-1)

-The Big Ten really wishes they could have Ohio State. You could pick a team out of Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, or Wisconsin. Nebraska has Michigan at home, and I think has the best team overall, so they get the nod.

-With all of the tough games Oregon has left, including the Pac-12 championship game, I just don't see them going undefeated. They'll slip up once, putting them here.

West Virginia (11-1) vs. Boise State (11-1)
-Same story with West Virginia as I had for Oregon. I think they beat K-State but lose to Oklahoma, winning the Big 12 and putting them here.

-Boise State isn't the same great team this year, but they should still run the table. I think with the Big Ten clearly not getting two bids this year, that opens up a spot for Boise State (I also think the Pac-12 beats itself up and loses key games to Notre Dame)

Florida (11-2) vs. Kansas State (11-1)

-Florida, South Carolina, or LSU all will have a shot for that second spot. I've been riding Florida all year, and I'll keep it up for now.

-Kansas State loses to West Virginia, and thus loses the Big-12, but runs the table otherwise. This would be a good game.

Florida State (11-2) vs. Cincinnati (11-1)

-The ACC sucks so bad this year, but Florida State is still clearly the best in the bunch. I think they lose to Florida but otherwise run the table, having already blown their annual game. I don't doubt that they could also lose to Boston College next week, however.

-The Big East actually has three pretty decent teams in Cincy, Rutgers, and Louisville. I like Munchie and the Bearcats the most, however.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote