Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was never anywhere near the prospect he was hyped up to be, but I didn't think he was this bad either.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Landry Jones is the real Jevan Snead.
Matt Barkley says

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Xavier Rhodes > David Amerson as CB, FS or any other position available.
Amerson outplayed Rhodes last night. Manual didn't throw a ball his way past 10 yards because he basically shut down his side of the field. Amerson held Greene in check all game and did a great job coming up and playing the run.

Amerson is a ballhawk who got abused against Miami and Tennessee on pump fakes and double moves. He didn't get much help from a pass rush in either game. Give a QB 5-7 seconds to scan the deep field and it's going to be a long day for any zone corner without deep help. Some times, I think Amerson always thinks he is the fastest player on the field and takes chances like he is.

I think he runs in the late-4.4's and plays CB in the NFL probably in the a zone scheme. I think he could easily translate into a solid FS - he can be a bigger hitter and has a frame to add 10-15 pounds. One thing to remember is that he is a true junior who only started playing football as a high school junior.

I like a Rhodes a lot too. Both guys are similar. I though Rhodes struggled some with NC State's smaller, quicker WR's - namely Palmer and Underwood. However, he didn't exactly have a pass rush helping him out and did a much better job checking 6'4" leading WR Quinton Payton. I think that if either guys can light up the combine we will see a top 10/15 pick as both guys are so big and physically impressive.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
marks01234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF
Xavier Rhodes > David Amerson as CB, FS or any other position available.
Amerson outplayed Rhodes last night. Manual didn't throw a ball his way past 10 yards because he basically shut down his side of the field. Amerson held Greene in check all game and did a great job coming up and playing the run.

Amerson is a ballhawk who got abused against Miami and Tennessee on pump fakes and double moves. He didn't get much help from a pass rush in either game. Give a QB 5-7 seconds to scan the deep field and it's going to be a long day for any zone corner without deep help. Some times, I think Amerson always thinks he is the fastest player on the field and takes chances like he is.

I think he runs in the late-4.4's and plays CB in the NFL probably in the a zone scheme. I think he could easily translate into a solid FS - he can be a bigger hitter and has a frame to add 10-15 pounds. One thing to remember is that he is a true junior who only started playing football as a high school junior.

I like a Rhodes a lot too. Both guys are similar. I though Rhodes struggled some with NC State's smaller, quicker WR's - namely Palmer and Underwood. However, he didn't exactly have a pass rush helping him out and did a much better job checking 6'4" leading WR Quinton Payton. I think that if either guys can light up the combine we will see a top 10/15 pick as both guys are so big and physically impressive.
I agree in some ways, Rhodes I think has better ball skills but lacks in true speed and acceleration. Then you have Jonathan Banks, another tall corner who is far more athletic and stronger but lacks in some ball skills I feel in coverage.

Amerson, Banks and Rhodes still in the air if they are moved to safety in the NFL or not. Banks is most likely to stay at corner and honestly is the most physically impressive of the three just looking at him. Amerson will most likely stay as well but will see how he plays later on.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Payton is a solid WR but he gets negative separation against everyone.

Amerson had a good game last night. Probably because there was no vegas money in NC State losing
Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
David Amerson is the Jevan Snead of CBs
that is some harsh criticism
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote