Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 5: Bills at 49ers

Week 5:
Sunday, October 7, 2012

FYI: this is the best “matchup” banner I could find. People on the interwebz need to design these things faster … for me to then steal them.

Buffalo Bills (2-2)
At
San Francisco 49ers (3-1)

Time: 1:25 pm pst
Line: SF -10
Announcers (FOX): Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots

Well, I don’t know about you, but 34-0 feels a lot better than 13-24. Reminds me of my high school coach who said, “Winning. It’s better than losing.” 3-1 record was my preseason best case scenario so I’m cool with everything now that the loss has been erased from my short-term memory. Should be 4-0 dammit. Ugh, not completely erased.

So, my first inclination is to look at this:

And then think about this:

Along with this:

And then I felt like this:

The left side of the Bills line better bring it

I know there are so many of us that wanted the Niners to throw deep to Moss, but this isn’t quite what I had in mind:

Triple coverage? Just give me a damn fade to the corner of the endzone.

Speaking of Kaepernick, I absolutely loved getting him some reps. He’s quite a weapon. I hope they keep using him.

So, I was planning on making a Super Mario reference. As in, look, the Bills signed Super Mario. Scarrrrrrrry. And then I remembered the Niners signed Super Mario also. It was at that point that I discovered that any player named Mario is pretty much obligated to be called Super Mario. Those are the rules.

And then I saw this:

**** yeah.

The Niners dropped 245 rushing yards on the Jets. 245. So sexy. Won’t be so easy this week. Bills defensive front consists of this:

And this:

Sigh. And this:

Really? And this?:

You gotta love that front. Could be a great defense in the making. It will be real interesting to see how the Niners’ line handles them. On that note …

Have these guys:

Been better than these guys:

I think I’d say yes. Actually, that’s been a helluva nice surprise

The Bills have 2 pretty darn good backs:

And, as usual, it doesn’t matter. Niners run D is filthy.

So, I kinda, sorta, wanted the Niners to sign this guy:

I know that wasn’t popular, but he was my plan B if the Niners couldn’t land Marques Colston. I wasn’t even worried about this:

Or this:

Or this:

I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. I may or may not be Terry Donahue.

Hey, remember the Niners signed this guy:

Looks like we’re gonna get our first look at him in real action. I’d love to see him and Kaepernick in the same backfield on a short yardage play. Would be hard for the defense to commit too much up the middle. Maybe they can exploit that for a big play.

And finally, I figured I’d get this guy into the gameday thread, because, well, because this might be the only time I can ever get this guy into the gameday thread:

RJF. Played a great game against Mangold. Totally unexpected. Twas awesome. Sopoaga is still nursing an injury so we may see more of RJF.

Standings
NFC West
1. Arizona Cardinals (4-0)
2. San Francisco 49ers (3-1)
3. Seattle Seahawks (2-2)
3. St. Louis Rams (2-2)

AFC East
1. New England Patriots (2-2)
1. Buffalo Bills (2-2)
1. New York Jets (2-2)
4. Miami Dolphins (1-3)

Special Note:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thankfully this game is at home. The Bills scare me because goddamn CJ Spiller is explosive.

Borat, remember when you and I had a draft crush on that guy?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am surprised at how good the right side of the line has been this year. I still say the left side has been slightly better, though.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-04-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I think I might have to watch this game at 4am because of the time here in China. In any case, I expect the defense to shine. Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson could cause trouble though if they're on their mark. I'm not concerned about stopping the run more so than their offensive being able to protect Fitzpatrick who doesn't take that many sacks.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their famous D-Line has talented names but they've started the season very flat. Let's hope that season continues. Spiller is a weapon that will need to be marked at all times. I too was a fan of his during the Draft process. I see the Niners sticking to the run game and feeding passes to the TE's on out and post routes.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Spiller too. :(

Oh well, we have Hunter (and some other guy we just drafted, damn, forgot his name since he hasnt been active once yet this year) so im happy. :)

49ers better win this game because our next three will be big games. Cant lose this game whatsoever. Hopefully, we strike early and fast and cruise to a win.

Bills 17
49ers 28
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES!!! Cardinals lost to the Rams. If we beat the Bills, we'll be in first place since the Cardinals have a division loss and we dont. So happy!!! :)
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't give Fitzpatrick all day to throw. Please!

Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Please don't give Fitzpatrick all day to throw. Please!
Fitzpatrick is a slighty better version of Sanchez. Even with time, the guy just makes some horrible decisions with the ball and can be way off with his accuracy at times. My barber's from Buffalo and is a big Bills fan and we talk about Fitzpatrick often. If our defense plays sound and do what they're capable of, we should be able to frustrate Fitzpatrick into making some terrible decisions with the ball. Spiller is the X-factor. He is Harvin-like and that scares the crap out of me. Harvin single-handled kept the Vikes in the game, 3rd down after 3rd down. Our defense has no answer for players like that and they will continue to burn us if guys aren't disciplined in their assignments.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-05-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

^^^^^ Dont you mean Sproles like???
Old 10-06-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thankfully this game is at home. The Bills scare me because goddamn CJ Spiller is explosive.

Borat, remember when you and I had a draft crush on that guy?
Totally. It was during our "desperately looking for a 'weapon' not named Gore" phase.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I was one of the few who also wanted Spiller. Oh well. At least we have Hunter (and James) so im happy. :)
Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the guy in the Cam Newton jersey flipping off Alex in the last photo. Wonder if he drove all the way out to defend Cam's honor.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game.” - Brian Wilson
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Ugh. Fitz is picking our zone apart.

Also, I hated kicking the FG at the 1 yard line. The Niner D is one of the best. It's OK if they stuffed on the 1. Let them make a play with the Bills backed up against the goalline.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith 7-8 180 and a TD. Is this not what you all wanted?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of creative play calls, i'm liking it. Just too many dumb penalties.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Crabtree is beasting (except for that last drop).

Edit: And yes, the penalties HAVE to stop. Can't be doing this.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Alex Smith 12-15 for 237 and 2 TDs in the first half.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

All we had to do was get Ness out of the country and boom, Alex is free to dominate.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex sure making up for that low first pitch at last night's Giants game.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game.” - Brian Wilson
Old 10-07-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All we had to do was get Ness out of the country and boom, Alex is free to dominate.
That's gotta be it!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Ha. See the lengths I go for this team.

Hey stop talking positive about Alex Smith. We wouldn't want you and Brent to feel embarrassed in front of your other SWDC goons. Stick to the status quo. No Alex Smith discussions allowed.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

18/24, 303, 3 TD, 49 rushing yards

lol Bills
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Well, best win of the season thus far. Quarterback didn't get sacked, Alex Smith had his best game, defense was dominant as usual, the running game went buckwild, and the third downs were 7/11 which is 63%.

Can't wait for the Giants next week.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

The stats from this game are beyond ridiculous. Bonerific really.

Closed Thread