Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is in great shape, but I still hold my breath everytime he touches/shoots the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
If I'm an opposing defense going against that Lakers lineup I'd take Artest threes all day
I'm sure you would. But if he makes his open looks, then what? Teams are going to give it to him, he needs to make them pay.

And Klay Thompson is going to be a monster in a few years. Love that kid's stroke.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

28-0 run right now for the Warriors. Lol, thank god this is the pre-season and the scrubs are playing otherwise id be quite pissed off.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He is in great shape, but I still hold my breath everytime he touches/shoots the ball.
Open looks I have no problem with. He has a good stroke. Its when he puts the ball on the floor and tries to make contested shots is where he hurts the team. Open looks from the perimeter or on the block is where he can still make teams pay.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Open looks I have no problem with. He has a good stroke. Its when he puts the ball on the floor and tries to make contested shots is where he hurts the team. Open looks from the perimeter or on the block is where he can still make teams pay.
I just never know what's going through his head. Sometimes its a scary deal.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just never know what's going through his head. Sometimes its a scary deal.
So ******* true. So true. Every time he gets a hold of the ball...I'm like Plz baby Jesus don't let this foo **** it up...plz.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow Nash is an unbelievable passer. Its crazy to watch a PG with a pulse in purple and gold.
I wonder what you were saying about him when he was wearing purple and orange :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I wonder what you were saying about him when he was wearing purple and orange :/
That he was an unbelievable passer and that he ****** pissed me off because he kicked our ass.

Gortwat on the other hand, I dont speak highly of.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm sure you would. But if he makes his open looks, then what? Teams are going to give it to him, he needs to make them pay.

And Klay Thompson is going to be a monster in a few years. Love that kid's stroke.
He hasn't been able to do it consistently for a while now. I'm sure he will go through stretches where he shoots well, but he definitely seems to go into metal funks for a while where he can't hit one to save his life. And clearly, as I mentioned before, with that lineup its the best option to gamble on.

And yea Klay Thompson can really rip the net. I didn't have a full appreciation for his stroke until I saw him in person last year. His mid range game is pretty refreshing to see in today's NBA.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
the same thing, just with a '****' in front of it...
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

CDR needs to make this team. He just makes things happen when he's on the floor. He's so much better than Ebanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That he was an unbelievable passer and that he ****** pissed me off because he kicked our ass.

Gortwat on the other hand, I dont speak highly of.
because of his constant abuse of Bynum?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
because of his constant abuse of Bynum?
No because hes a *****.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know they're in the west and all but...I'll be kinda sad when OKC can't keep their core of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. Along with Sefalosha and Ibaka.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Yeah, its a bummer when homegrown teams like that cant stay together.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

They should be able to keep them all realistically, it's just a matter of deciding if Harden is worth a maximum contract to them

Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

The only thing is that if he isnt worth that to them he will be to someone else. And personally I wouldnt pay him the max.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd pay him the max.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I think I would too tbh.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The issue is going to be more about whether or not Thunder ownership want the shell out the luxery tax $$$ it will take to retain him, which is unfortunate, but realistic. It's nice seeing one of the elite teams be a small market team that was built the right way.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Isn't the tax rule gonna really crack down??

I'm sure they could manage to keep everyone but can't imagine it would be good for their depth.

I'd put money on Harden going somewhere else.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

OKC is gonna try and sign him for less than the max, he will explore his options and someone will make the mistake of trying to make him their number 1 option.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I can see Harden taking a discount like Westbrook did in order to stay in OKC, but it still will be a financial commitment from ownership. They might consider amnestying Perkins after this year, but at the same time he could prove to be very useful with Howard in the conference now.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I think thats the best way of going about things right now. Perkins isnt worth that contract. I feel like you can get guys for cheaper who can bump with Howard.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Yea I totally agree that Perkins should me amnestied. He's really not worth that money. He's not that good anymore imo and injury prone. Plus he looks like a giant bobble head.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: