Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're starting to see with guys like Henry Melton and Aldon Smith that playing on the interior a lot can actually be really helpful in college, as it forces you to use your hands instead of just trying to run by people off the edge. Good for his development that he's starting inside and will work his way out as he gets better IMO.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
We're starting to see with guys like Henry Melton and Aldon Smith that playing on the interior a lot can actually be really helpful in college, as it forces you to use your hands instead of just trying to run by people off the edge. Good for his development that he's starting inside and will work his way out as he gets better IMO.
Chris Long and Alex Okafor are other examples. Spending time inside really does help out.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Dblevins13
Rookie

Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
It would take years for him to gain enough bulk for that. You can't just add 20-30 pounds in a year. Look at how BYU was using him as a rusher out of a two-point stance. He's tall and has long arms, but he looks like more of an elephant linebacker or 4-3 defensive end than a five-technique.
Im new here and wanted to add my opinion. He could realistically add 20 pounds in 4-5 months with proper diet and work out regimen. I've seen him play 2 games now and watch highlights of the others. Ansah could very well play 5 tech by next NFL season if he wanted to. He could be one of the most versatile players any way it goes. Being a Packer fun and loving the 3-4 defense I would LOVE to see Ziggy add the weight through the season and into the off season to have the versatility to play DE/DT and maybe a standing elephant hybrid player all in defense. He is one of my favorite players in the draft. Just my thoughts on the situation. It all depends on what he wants to do and who wants him to do what
Dblevins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be silly for him to 'fake' bulk up 20# before the combine so he 'looks' more versatile to NFL teams.

Isn't he already 270#??
If an NFL player is going to put on good weight that's mostly muscle, he needs at least a couple seasons.

His weight isn't a problem right now and if he's destined to be a 34 DE, let him grow the right way into the position.

Guys who put on 20# in 4-5 months aren't doing it clean, or it's mostly water weight and too much fat, not muscle.

The added weight is supposed to enhance his play not just let him say he's only gained pounds and not power/strength/speed.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Dblevins13
Rookie

Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dblevins13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't saying he needed to do it to look versatile. You can legit ad 4-5 pounds of clean lean muscle a month with right diet and regimen. It was more of a it could be done rather than a should be done. I would like to have him on my team as is now and grow. I will say I am glad I found somewhere to discuss scouting players and what not.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one that I know can consistently gain 4-5# of muscle for four months straight, especially if they're already involved in a rigorous weight lifting program.

Ansah has already bulked to get to 270#. An additional 20# of muscle in five months is very unlikely to happen clean.

Think about what you just wrote, 20# of muscle in five months for a guy who's already a regular lifter??

Honestly that's damn near impossible.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblevins13 View Post
I wasn't saying he needed to do it to look versatile. You can legit ad 4-5 pounds of clean lean muscle a month with right diet and regimen. It was more of a it could be done rather than a should be done. I would like to have him on my team as is now and grow. I will say I am glad I found somewhere to discuss scouting players and what not.
An off-season is 15 pounds, max. That 4-5 pounds works for 1 month. Maybe two. Not 6 in a row.

Also, they have to train their body to handle the rigors of an entire season. A lot of guys start at 270 and finish at 250, because of the stress on their body.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Dblevins13
Rookie

Honestly its really my bad for really trying to apply a non-football weight gain to football.I think the kid is a monster as is tho.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
No one that I know can consistently gain 4-5# of muscle for four months straight, especially if they're already involved in a rigorous weight lifting program.

Ansah has already bulked to get to 270#. An additional 20# of muscle in five months is very unlikely to happen clean.

Think about what you just wrote, 20# of muscle in five months for a guy who's already a regular lifter??

Honestly that's damn near impossible.
While I agree with the fact he would struggle to add that much good weight in that time, players usually decrease their liftin during the season. A lot of players may limit that to one or two days lifting. What with meetings, practice, recovery etc sometimes it isn't possible to stick to a heavy lifting regime.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if he does bulk up to play 5 tech, it's got to be for a scheme that will allow him some versatility when rushing the passer, like Wade Phillips'. More traditional 3-4s don't use DEs like he does, or Dlinemen for that matter. That's why his guys, while great players on their own, sometimes get "inflated" stats for the position.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
While I agree with the fact he would struggle to add that much good weight in that time, players usually decrease their liftin during the season. A lot of players may limit that to one or two days lifting. What with meetings, practice, recovery etc sometimes it isn't possible to stick to a heavy lifting regime.
Remember hearing somewhere that they lifted more in college.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why you would want a guy with his skillset to play 5 tech anyway. Could he? Maybe, but that would be like asking Steven Jackson To bulk up and play full Back out of college because he has the body type that looks like he could do it.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I don't know why you would want a guy with his skillset to play 5 tech anyway? Could he? Maybe, but that would be like asking Steven Jackson. To bulk up and play full Back out of college because he has the body type that looks like he could do it.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. There are better candidates for 5tech than him.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And (again) this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s.
We're starting to see with guys like Henry Melton and Aldon Smith that playing on the interior a lot can actually be really helpful in DL development, as it forces you to use your hands instead of just trying to run by people off the edge. Good for his development that he's starting inside and will work his way out as he gets better IMO.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BlueFunk96
Rookie

BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little info about Ziggy.

I'm a BYU fan, and I was just googling around to see some of the buzz about Ziggy. He's created some excitement around Cougar Nation over the last few weeks, as his play on the field is starting to catch up with his potential.

Ziggy joined the LDS church a few years ago in Ghana. He was talking to one of the missionaries about his dream of playing in the NBA (he grew up playing basketball and soccer - had never seen a football until he came to the U.S.). He was told if he wants to play in the NBA, he needed to go to BYU and play college ball.

So he did that. He tried out for the BYU basketball team a couple of times, unsuccessfully. Word is, he has some hops and can touch the rim with his elbow. During the course of trying out for basketball, his vertical was measured at 39". He doesn't appear to have added appreciable bulk since joining the football team in 2010 - his first year playing football, he was listed at 6-6, 270 lbs. I've heard some comments that he might be up to 280 now.

When he didn't make the basketball team the second time, he went out for track. It was the indoor season. It was at this time that he was purportedly timed at 21.9 in the 200 meters (I think late 2009 or early 2010). However, according to the track coach, he was so big that he was having a hard time with colliding with the guys in the lanes next to him on the indoor track. I believe his 200 meter time was recorded at 270 lbs. Not a high school time before he bulked up. Now that I think about it, he didn't run track in high school, so it has to be a BYU time.

Because of his size, the track coach felt his best potential was in football, so he walked Ziggy over to the football offices and introduced him. This was in spring 2010.

The head coach, Bronco Mendenhall, was initially skeptical. Yeah, he had great size and athleticism, but he had never watched, much less played football, and had no idea how to put his pads on. Bronco thought Ziggy wouldn't make it through fall camp, as his conditioning wasn't up to par. But he didn't give up, and started contributing on special teams during that season. According to Bronco, he was extremely fast, usually the first one down the field on kick coverage, and nobody could block him. Several times, he would just run over the blocker. Fans started noticing him on special teams that year, too.

The next year, he learned to play outside linebacker and DL. This year, with a couple of years of experience under his belt, he's just exploded.

For me, I think the first real eye-popping play from Ziggy this year was against Boise State on a fake punt. They snapped it to an up back on the punt. When I watched the play live, all I saw was a Boise lineman go flying onto his back off to the right, and all of a sudden, Ziggy was blowing up the ball carrier. That was Ziggy's man who went flying backward a couple yards. The great thing about this play was it was around Boise's 10 yard line - I don't think anyone really expected a fake at that point, and Ziggy showed great recognition and discipline to see the fake and blow it up behind the line of scrimmage.

Here's Ziggy's highlights from that Boise State game - the fake punt is at about 1:13.

(I have a You Tube video I tried to link, but I don't have a high enough post count. Its v number is 7u9DLxjuYGs.)

He had two sacks in the last game against Utah State and is starting to overshadow our star linebacker, Kyle Van Noy (tied for 5th in the nation with 6 1/2 sacks).

This is a kid with incredible upside, who's just now starting to dominate in college. I've heard he may actually be up to 280 now. And he's one of the fastest guys on the team.

So, his 21.9 200 time and 39" vertical were measured at about 270 lbs. I think there's a good chance he could put up a sub-4.5 40 time. And with a little pre-combine training (BYU players have been going to a local guy, Dave Stroshine, who's had a lot of success with draftable players), he might even hit 40" on the vertical. If he has a strong bench press showing, his measureables are going to be off the charts at the combine for a guy 6-6, 270 lbs.

Most of all, he's starting to dominate as a D-lineman, which is another big key. He's a humble kid, very soft-spoken, and he's shown great tenacity, work ethic, and willingness to learn. He could be a steal for someone, even as an early-round pick.
BlueFunk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Can't wait to see him at the combine and have his measurables confirmed.
It's hard for me to fathom a man close to 270# can run a sub 22 second 200m.

Does anyone know who was the heaviest player to run a 4.4 range Indy time??
Vernon Davis comes to mind and his 4.38 time at a weight of 253/4#.
Still looks like a great pro prospect, but the athletic feats seem..not plausible to me.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BlueFunk96
Rookie

BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
doesn't he have to do the missionary thing next?
No. He is not going to go on a mission. He wants to play in the NFL.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BlueFunk96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post

And (again) this:
Keep in mind while watching this that Ziggy was fighting nausea the entire game - he had to sit out a number of plays. So despite the fact he still made a bunch of plays, he wasn't feeling well.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just curious, but he looks athletic enought to where if he showed up at the combine around 270, does anyone think that he could play as a 3-4 OLB In the mold of Aldon Smith. When he's asked to just pure rush, his explosion off the edge is great, he's got those long arms and works very hard to hand fight (though that needs work). Just watching some video of him, he looks like when he's in a position where he gets out in space, he's real comfortable changing directions and shadowing a RB or QB. Or is he just a strict 4-3 DE with upside?
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if BlueFunk is actually Ezekiel Ansah.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFunk96 View Post
Ziggy joined the LDS church a few years ago in Ghana. He was talking to one of the missionaries about his dream of playing in the NBA (he grew up playing basketball and soccer - had never seen a football until he came to the U.S.). He was told if he wants to play in the NBA, he needed to go to BYU and play college ball.
Oh. (10 char)
Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BlueFunk96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Not sure if BlueFunk is actually Ezekiel Ansah.
No, we're just not used to having guys with this kind of athleticism at BYU. There's been a bunch of stories out recently about him, as he's really broken out the last couple of weeks.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFunk96 View Post
No, we're just not used to having guys with this kind of athleticism at BYU. There's been a bunch of stories out recently about him, as he's really broken out the last couple of weeks.
Welcome.. I THINK I'm the only other BYU fan here

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got to see this guy, just kept forgetting to post my thoughts.

Ansah definitely looks the part physically but I was underwhelmed overall.

My biggest issues were that Ansah plays a finesse brand of football and doesn't seem to like contact while his awareness and instincts are lacking and he struggles mightily to get off of blocks. Ansah must also develop additional pass rush moves and counters because he overuses the spin. Granted all of that can conceivably be fixed with time and more experience, but the big question is how early do you select a prospect who is such a major project? Also, with the way Ansah is utilized in BYU's defensive scheme he never really gets the chance to pin his ears back and rush off the edge.

At this point I'd be hard-pressed to stamp anything more than a mid-round grade on "Ziggy" and that could be based mostly on upside. However, if he works out as well as expected and proves that he can be a force off the edge and / or play on his feet as an outside linebacker in an odd front at an all-star game then his stock could certainly continue to rise.

I will be checking Ansah out again this weekend so we'll see if I come away with the same impression. I’ll post another update at that time.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Welcome.. I THINK I'm the only other BYU fan here
You're not. Hard to get BYU football in Missouri without the BYU channel, so I was happy to watch the Notre Dame game. He's just an impressive football player for his level of experience. I think you could probably bulk him up to play 5 tech, but man you just hate to pigeonhole a guy with his talent without seeing exactly what he can and can't do.

The thing I like most about his game is how active he is with his hands, which is extremely impressive for such a young player. Yes, he needs to refine his technique in all levels, but the fact he has taken to it so well already bodes well for the future.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote