Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Bad talent initially, not the first option, and bad coaching. If Hibbert were on the Lakers ppl would talk about him like they talk about Bynum. And he's truly a unselfish player. The guy passes up a lot of shots to swing the ball to open teammates. Remember, KAJ got ahold of Bynum as a pup and helped mold him. If Hibbert would have gotten that opportunity I think he'd be even better.
Shot in the dark here, but by any chance are you a Pacers fan?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dirk is a finesse player. Finesse players are soft. Just because he got a ring doesn't change any of that.

Just proves you guys don't know **** about basketball.
Kevin Garnett is a finesse player, but he is far from soft.

Also, JJ is slowing down. Their so called bench is made up of potential.

Their best 4 are Williams, JJ, Wallace, and Lopez. If this was 2 years ago, it could work.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
What's with the Nets hype? Williams is a beast. Other than him Johson is on the decline, Wallace is on the decline, Kris is alright, and Loopz sucks
wat. I'm sure out of those, you compliment Hump, who is a black hole offensively. Bropez is an incredibly gifted scorer inside. He can't rebound or play D and is over-paid, we get it. But he'll be putting up 20/8 and I'll live with it.

JJ and Wallace are just fine. Wallace was awesome for us defensively and on the glass his time here. He doesn't have the explosion on O he used to have (declined athleticsm and driving ability) but he's the 4th or 5th option on O. JJ will be fine. D-Will is gonna put up ridiculous numbers with having real NBA players around him.

And MarShon is going to be sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I've been trying to figure that out since the day they required those people.
someone's mad they didn't get DWill
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Kevin Garnett is a finesse player, but he is far from soft.

Also, JJ is slowing down. Their so called bench is made up of potential.

Their best 4 are Williams, JJ, Wallace, and Lopez. If this was 2 years ago, it could work.
I didn't watch any JJ, but he could be slowing down, but not at some rapid decline. They're a good team that work off each others strengths with the main question mark being will D-Will and JJ work together (which I believe they will)

the bench is going to be boom or bust. Watson is extremely solid as our backup PG. MarShon rules, but is virtually all potential. Childress is meh. Evans gets boards, Blatche has upside and Teletovic is a question mark on how he'll adapt. That 2nd unit will run A LOT, and could be fun to watch with MarShon and Childress running the wings and Teletovic stretching the floor
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blatche sucks balls. Don't expect anything from him other than a warm bench seat.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Blatche sucks balls. Don't expect anything from him other than a warm bench seat.
I only want him to be tall and not **** everything up while he's on the court. Just rebound and play D. He's our backup center, which is scary
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ gets way too much hate. Dude is a great #3 option and a solid #2. So is Brook, offensively.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I only want him to be tall and not **** everything up while he's on the court. Just rebound and play D. He's our backup center, which is scary
See, this is why I referred to him as a question mark. There is a very good chance this will happen both on and off the court.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andray Blatche will not even attempt to play D.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

He's all about the triple doubles, homeboy.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

STOP BEING BUZZKILLS

I just hope he's not worse than Johan Petro. He can't be...right?
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andray Blatche...defense

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homer Alert

Andrea Brags will be considered a top 5 PF in the game after this season. Added 15 pounds of muscle and playing next to Val should hide what he lack at and improve his offrnsive abilities
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You're loving that Obama pic lately, Brody
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a hidden message there, Rob...*whistles*

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
someone's mad they didn't get DWill
na in all honesty I don't find JJ that great of a player and that being a reason for Dwill staying was funny to me.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was Hibbert considered good offensively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

He is good offensively. Like, really good. He's just not the best offensive center in the league like someone here is claiming he is.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
When was Hibbert considered good offensively?
When was he not considered good offensively? Some ppl look at stats to tell them how good a player is. I watch the player and his game. Hibbert has every thing in his arsenal every other big you think is good has, with a legit mid-range jumper. And he's the best passing 5 in the league. Blame the Pacers because they to run their offense through Granger instead of Hibbert as to why he's stats don't measure up. They only knock on Hibbert I can see is his strength and lack of athleticism. Other than that, he is a highly skilled player playing on a team that believes he's the 3rd option on most plays.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is good offensively. Like, really good. He's just not the best offensive center in the league like someone here is claiming he is.
We all have opinions. I think if more ppl truly watched what he does, night in and night out, they would see he's better than most give him credit for.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
na in all honesty I don't find JJ that great of a player and that being a reason for Dwill staying was funny to me.
seriously? And well, him, Bropez and Wallace is better than just Dirk. But I'm gonna take D-Will's opinion on JJ on this one
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
We all have opinions. I think if more ppl truly watched what he does, night in and night out, they would see he's better than most give him credit for.
And you sound like his biggest fan, so i'm not sure how objective you're being. And the "you don't watch him as much as i do" argument is really old and stupid.

He got run out of the gym by the Heat, his lack of athleticism is a huge negative.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And you sound like his biggest fan, so i'm not sure how objective you're being. And the "you don't watch him as much as i do" argument is really old and stupid.

He got run out of the gym by the Heat, his lack of athleticism is a huge negative.
And when he was he was the focal point of the offense, they dominated the Heat. The Heat run everybody out of the gym, that's supposed to be a negative? They're a team built on athleticism.

The question was who's the best center offensively. Hibbert is my answer. If you said who's the best overall, or the best athletically, or the best defensively, my answer would be different.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hibbert is the wrong answer. Sorry, assuming health, it's Bynum and it isn't close. Bynum has had absolutely dominant stretches where he is completely unplayable. Hibbbert can't come close to the level of dominance Bynum has shown.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Offensive skill doesn't automatically equal dominance. Pau was the most skilled center for awhile there and he was never dominant. Bynum has the flashes because he has a good combination of skill, size, strength, and athleticism. But if were talking just offensive skill as a center. I'm talking footwork, post moves, IQ, ability to score from different spots on the floor, passing, ability to finish with either hand, Hibbert is the answer. But because Bynum has the strength and athleticism that Hibbert lacks, along with a few of those skills, he looks much more 'dominant' at times. So therefore, most think its because he's highly skilled.