Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great. (10 char)
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why couldn't the Giants trade up for Watt like I wanted?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
because prince fell right to us. I did entertain that idea too, but prince is very good right now, im not gunna complain.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh I am not worried. With our luck he'd either be hurt or ineffective in our scheme. I am more envious of that system and how solid they are on defense. Instead we have Perry freaking Fewell and this garbage of a system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know, I liked Watt, but I wasn't the biggest fan of his. Then the combine came around and he blew me away, but at that point in the draft I was already set on some other guys and I knew he was way out of our range so I was just hoping at that point that Dallas wouldn't get him bc I didn't want to face him twice a season.

But maaaaaaaaaan, I know hindsight is 20/20, but can you imagnie a DL of JPP and Watt? Holy crap. He's much better than I ever imagined. He's a complete beast. He might be the only DLmen in the entire league I might want over JPP. Maaaybe.

But to be fair, if Prince keeps playing the way he's playing, we got a steal at 19.

Prince looks pretty damn good as long as he stays healthy. And a CB of that caliber is never something to sneeze on.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very happy with Prince but yeah JPP/Watt would be insane. Watt was pretty much a top 3 player on my board that year so it's not really hindsight.

Prince is developing quickly and I'm very glad we have him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Its hindsight for me. I liked Watt and thought he'd be good, but I didn't know he'd be THIS good.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well yeah you never really expect a 2nd year player to the best at his position. No one ever sees that coming. We went through the same thing with JPP last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While Watt would be insane, I'm too happy about Prince and Watt being this good was so unpredictable, to really care. If Prince stays healthy we won't miss Webster if he really is slowing down. With Holsey also in the mix our CBs are solidly set up for the coming vet purge. We're ****** at safety if we have to replace Rolle or Kenny, but I feel good about where we're at at Corner. Probably pick another one on day one or two this year a la TT or Ross, hopefully sans the exploding knees and crippling case of old, respectively.

But our lines need a boost, it's about time to spend another high pick or big money on an OL to make the running game reliable again, plus our DL needs help, it would be nice to have a DT that can hold up against the run and penetrate for once.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quietly our OL has been very good without Diehl. We might be set there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quietly our OL has been very good without Diehl. We might be set there.
Eh, the pass pro has been solid which is all Eli needs, but there's just no way we're going to be opening holes consistently against the better front 7s in the playoffs. We could be set there if we add one high impact rookie, almost regardless of what position he plays, we just need someone out there who'll really boss DL, the way Snee used to, so that the other guys' solidness and chemistry can succeed.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Makes you wonder if Diehl was the problem.

To be fair, the only real test our OL faced this year was Philly, and they didn't look good vs Philly. Cleveland, Carolina, Tampa, none of them have great edge rushers.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Philly didnt even sack Eli I'd say that's good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Philly didnt even sack Eli I'd say that's good.
That was more on Eli than the OL, but I'll agree that they haven't been as terrible as last year and are doing enough for Eli to make it work. Still want an ox to make our running game a dependable weapon again

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That was more on Eli than the OL, but I'll agree that they haven't been as terrible as last year and are doing enough for Eli to make it work. Still want an ox to make our running game a dependable weapon again
Yeah Eli got the ball out fast. He was harassed all night without getting sacked. Philly actually doesn't have a ton of sacks this year.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah they're having trouble with the pass rush like us. Are total sacks down this year across the NFL?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah they're having trouble with the pass rush like us. Are total sacks down this year across the NFL?
Not for most teams that get to play the cardinals...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, Beatty says suck it! He's played pretty solid. Much better than I had anticipated.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm still cautious. We all know he still sucks, its just a matter of when is it gonna come out again.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm still cautious. We all know he still sucks, its just a matter of when is it gonna come out again.
Possibly haha. I'm not convinced either just yet. For him I really think a lot of it might have just been not practicing and playing due to injury. As you've said in the past BBD, gaining proficiency as an offensive linemen is mostly about repetition and practice. A lot of his issues were just mistakes of not knowing who to pick up, which comes with practice and playing time. He's a smart guy and he has great athleticism and physical ability so that was never really a question.

I'm hoping he has figured out. It would make the draft MUCH easier to draft for. Rather than worrying about OL in the first round or two, we can put it back a bit if there are no studs on the board when we pick.

I'd much rather focus on corner, safety, D-Line (DE or DT).
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is going on with JPP???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nothing is wrong with him. More double teams, more chipping and the other guys aren't doing **** so they keep their focus on JPP. He's been great in the run game and the sacks will come.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah he's been doing well, it just hasn't resulted in sacks because they essentially just double/triple team him because A) we don't know how to blitz properly and free him up, B) Osi, Tuck, and everyone else along the D-Line has been terrible at getting pressure.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What is going on with JPP???
He's single-handedly holding our DL together, that's what.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...9-6899a4608186

BOOM

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote