Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then, I hope the rumor of 5 Nexus products by five different brands is still true then.
The no sd slot is a Google thing. They for some reason hate it.
I've heard it's to push cloud and I've heard something about pushing updates and how the sd slot slows it down or something. I don't know.
I'm not tech-ie at all.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No interest in the LG phone. Quad core is not even necessary. I've read that hardware specs are becoming unimportant and it's about the OS at this point.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New rumors

LG Optimus Nexus
-4.7-inch, 1280-by-768 resolution display
-Quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
-2 GB of RAM
-8-megapixel camera
-8 GB or 16 GB of storage
-Built-in wireless charging

HTC Nexus 5
-5-inch
-1080p display
-quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
-12-megapixel rear camera
-up to 64 GB of built-in storage

Samsung Nexus 10
-10" screen
-2560-by-1600 resolution display that beats Apple’s iPad on pixel density

Asus Nexus 7 (future mods)
-$99 tablet rumored (no info on how they get it that cheap)
-report claims Japanese customer received one with 32GB internal storage

Motorola
-Nexus phone and tablet rumored
(Android Police found some mystery device names while browsing the site)

Still not sure if Google will simply sell the phones themselves unlocked or if they'll strike more carrier deals like they did with Sprint and Verizon

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/10/10/...#ixzz28vNwjKde

Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't touch an HTC or a LG.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Why is that? My wife and I have used HTC for the majority of our phones in the past 5 years.
We've had the Mogul, EVO and EVO 3D. I've read that the EVO 4G LTE was a thing of beauty as well.
Only reason I didn't get it was because I'm waiting on the next Nexus phone instead.
I'll admith the EVO was poorly constructed. My wife and I have gone through a bunch of them and the power button on all of them eventually just falls off for some reason.
The 3D was excellent even if I never used the 3D features. Never had a problem with it.

So why the negative stigma?
I've never seen an LG phone and the only thing I've heard about them is on this site... which it seems no one likes.
I've read that the Optimus G is supposed to be the flagship phone and beast of a phone as expected with the flagship marker.
The LG Nexus would be a modified version of the G with similar specs. I'll admit I'll probably pick it up and play with it once it's available.

Last edited by Nalej : 10-10-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The HTC may not be so bad. I got good exp with them

LG is crap. I'll never own another LG phone again.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-10-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a fan of HTC for a few reasons. First the battery life is usually abysmal. To the point that I know people that had to buy extended batteries to make it through an average day. Second they are hurting financially as a company which is a bit disconcerting but all an all its not a deciding factor. Thirdly which doesn't really apply here is that their Sense UI is horrrriiibbbllleeee! But to be fair after having a Nexus I don't think I could go back to a phone with some random UI whether it be HTC, Samsung or Motorolla.

As for LG... I am just not a fan phone wise to be honest. Of the big four or so phone makers i consistently feel that LG is behind the other three by a long shot. Granted I think I might have had one LG phone if at all. But I do know many people that had their Chocolate and other phones and have had a ton of issues. I know my friend bought one of their current gen Android phones (against my recommendation) and has had ten million issues.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what's really REALLY solid?

The iPhone 5.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quad core seems so unnecessary for a phone. Are there any apps in the near future that will even use it?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

The iPhone 5.

I feel like this goes against the no trolling in other teams threads.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one plays with me in the iPhone thread :(
Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No one plays with me in the iPhone thread :(
Thats because you became a traitor. It was a sad day BBD... a sad day.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Thats because you became a traitor. It was a sad day BBD... a sad day.
Free your mind Cain. Free your mind.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
that's because everyone who has one is now embarrassed.

just like in the sgiii commercial, i bet. in your faces, apple fans.
Dude that thing looks like a boner in your pocket.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
that's because it is a boner. my phone is in my other pocket.
*blushes*

So umm...you like movies and stuff?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get outta here, njx. you can't hold spots for you parents.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn right, sonny.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I know you're joking BBD, but it's people that have that attitude (that aren't joking) that would make me hate myself if I got an iPhone. I know that sounds silly but god damn do I hate Apple fan boys.

And I hate how everyone is a mindless drone and rushes out to buy basically the same exact product and the hail Apple as a creative innovator. Lets stop kidding ourselves. Apple is not an innovator anymore. They are the Call of Duty of phones. Same ****, different year but ultra popular because of their reputation and because of the aesthetic appearance of the phone.

That and people are stubborn. Once they buy into the hype it's like, for some reason, they don't want to change their mind, even if there are better options.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mom has finally agreed to leave her blackberry. We about to go grab her a SG3.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I know you're joking BBD, but it's people that have that attitude (that aren't joking) that would make me hate myself if I got an iPhone. I know that sounds silly but god damn do I hate Apple fan boys.

I hope it doesn't sound silly because that's exactly how I feel about it too.

"The headphone jack is on the bottom (mind blown)" --SIII commercial

Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

And I hate how everyone is a mindless drone and rushes out to buy basically the same exact product and the hail Apple as a creative innovator. Lets stop kidding ourselves. Apple is not an innovator anymore. They are the Call of Duty of phones. Same ****, different year but ultra popular because of their reputation and because of the aesthetic appearance of the phone.

That and people are stubborn. Once they buy into the hype it's like, for some reason, they don't want to change their mind, even if there are better options.
I'm an android guy myself, actually I'm using a Windows Nokia Lumia phone right now (I know, rebel huh?) but it seems to me like majority of android users' agenda is just to say and prove how much better androids are than iphones.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The iPhone 5.

asdf asdf asdf

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i noticed you have braces... i have braces, too.
I ******* love this reference. Such an underrated movie/show.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Android showcased the new galaxy s3 mini today

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Android showcased the new galaxy s3 mini today

OH snap, how big is the mini?