Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm raiding right now on TOR~

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cain and I were spitballing a few ideas and thought it might be fun to get a permagroup going. We hammered out a few of the details and they are as follows:
  1. We would only gain experience when all four of us are on. This is designed to have one group level up from 10 to 50 together.
  2. We would need to agree on a side (Empire or Republic) and we would need to tailor the group around the traditional structure, ie we need a tank, a healer, and two DPS.
  3. You need to have flexible playtimes. Since most of us work, the group would be mostly at night and on the weekends. No one will be a nazi about playtimes as real life commitments come first, but we want people who will at least be a little active.
  4. It will cost money in order to join this permagroup. We plan on getting it going fairly soon so the $15 subscription fee would have to be purchased.
  5. This is meant to be FUN, so if someone isn't enjoying their class, or their role in the group, or even the game in general, there will be no bitching.
  6. We can even go so far as to plan the tradeskills around the group, though I don't think that is necessary myself.

If anyone is interested, get with one of us. I think Grizz said he wanted to give it a shot (unless I'm remembering that wrong) so there might only be one space available. Let us know!
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, I would love to be part of that group, I just don't know if I can ever dedicate the time anymore.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Ugh, I would love to be part of that group, I just don't know if I can ever dedicate the time anymore.
Come on Damix... we aren't talking 4 days a week here!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha yeah that sounds really fun but I don't see being able to commit to that without seriously holding the group back. If we started, say, in December, I would totally be down for that.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd consider it.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha yeah that sounds really fun but I don't see being able to commit to that without seriously holding the group back. If we started, say, in December, I would totally be down for that.
Come on Forenci... You found a good amount of time to play Day Z with us. You know Vid and I love you!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Come on Forenci... You found a good amount of time to play Day Z with us. You know Vid and I love you!
That was when I was taking one grad class during the summer. I'm taking much more than that now. I rarely find time for video games between school, work, and having a girl friend.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Dump the girl.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'm afraid I cannot do that, sir.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll join your group if you play on Prophecy of the Five. That's where The Fatman ended up.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm afraid I cannot do that, sir.
Damn... It was worth a shot. I am sure Vid would fill the role admirably.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of my current characters on are Prophecy of the Five.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
All of my current characters on are Prophecy of the Five.
I figured as much. As long as the whole group has legacy level 2, you can get speeders at level 10.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just bought that for shits and/or giggles. There are some other neat things there too. I haven't had a chance to buy anything else yet though.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Cain and I were spitballing a few ideas and thought it might be fun to get a permagroup going. We hammered out a few of the details and they are as follows:
  1. We would only gain experience when all four of us are on. This is designed to have one group level up from 10 to 50 together.
  2. We would need to agree on a side (Empire or Republic) and we would need to tailor the group around the traditional structure, ie we need a tank, a healer, and two DPS.
  3. You need to have flexible playtimes. Since most of us work, the group would be mostly at night and on the weekends. No one will be a nazi about playtimes as real life commitments come first, but we want people who will at least be a little active.
  4. It will cost money in order to join this permagroup. We plan on getting it going fairly soon so the $15 subscription fee would have to be purchased.
  5. This is meant to be FUN, so if someone isn't enjoying their class, or their role in the group, or even the game in general, there will be no bitching.
  6. We can even go so far as to plan the tradeskills around the group, though I don't think that is necessary myself.

If anyone is interested, get with one of us. I think Grizz said he wanted to give it a shot (unless I'm remembering that wrong) so there might only be one space available. Let us know!
Well since Cain asked me I will prolly play...lol...
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be behind the times but been playing a bit of GW2 the past few days after finally getting it... Enjoying it.

Have to give them credit for the single best move I've seen in a MMO game yet... way points, I'm not a bigtime player of that game type but it's the first I've played to really use them, god it's just so good. If anyone cares/remembers my biggest gripe and the reason I didn't even finish TOR was because of all the running so to see someone address a completely unnecessary and tedious part of every other MMO game I've played is so refreshing.

That alone will have me playing it longer, I have such limited gaming time these days that being able to spend all of it gaming and not internet browsing while I autorun places is just awesome.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Wait until you're 80. Waypoints are expensive as hell. It's a really big flaw imo.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I'll make it that far! It must take forever to hit 80, I've been epic thorough and it's taken me probably close to 25 hours to get to like level 15 or so!

End game stuff has never really appealed to me anyway so I'm in no hurry to get there :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Clearly we need to come up with an idea for our own MMO since all others are lame and don't know how to handle end-game content.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm splitting my time between Guild Wars 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

I've been spending a little more time playing XCOM these past two days because it's shiny and new. It's a fantastic game.

As for Guild Wars 2, I hit level 80 on my thief 6 days after the game launched, but I'm still having a lot of fun doing events with him while leveling a mesmer on the side. I was doing quite a bit of WvW, but three of the largest PVP guilds on my server (Dragonbrand) transferred to Blackgate a little over a week ago, so we've really been struggling to compete. Hopefully that will change after we drop down in the rankings a little.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hit 80 on my Elementalist roughly around the same time as you, but my server was never competitive in WvW.

I find DEs to be mind numbingly boring without much gain and I'm basically at 100% map completion with not much else to do.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

There is a new XCOM? How did I not know about this?

Is it any good or what? The original and Terrors from the deep own a significant portion of my child hood, one part I'm quite happy not to have back, though TFTD was one of the most insanely hard games ever!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
There is a new XCOM? How did I not know about this?

Is it any good or what? The original and Terrors from the deep own a significant portion of my child hood, one part I'm quite happy not to have back, though TFTD was one of the most insanely hard games ever!
It is a very, very good game. It's essentially a reboot of the original XCOM. There are some bugs that need to be worked out, but the ones I have encountered are minor (mostly graphical).

If you enjoy high difficulty levels, you'll be pleased to hear that Firaxis, the developer of the game, has said that only two members of the development team have been able to beat the game on its highest difficulty setting. I'm playing on normal and I find it to be pretty challenging at times.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Might have to give it a whirl, as I said, the original is one of my favourite games ever.

Read a couple of reviews and they are all glowing which is a positive! Sounds like it's closer to TFTD in difficulty than the original :)

Props to BK on the sig!