Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Chucky Atkins haha

I sometimes miss Kareem Rush....I had high hopes for him.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odom was definitely better than anyone else on that Cavs team, so I still don't understand why you think it's so obvious.

Edit-brody beat me to it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamar Odom >> Caron Butler >>>> anything the Cavs had.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that LeBron scored 24 (or something like that) consecutive points against a damn good Pistons team in the postseason. If he had Caron Butler or Odom on his team, I'd sure he'd have been thrilled. By the way, that team was 34-48, so Kobe clearly did wonders there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
That Cavs team

>>http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2005.html

Im not saying that cavs team was good by any means...but this lakers team outside of Kobe is hilariously bad.
Meh, Cavs were still probably worse but maybe they're close. Though one team went to the finals and one team didn't make the playoffs.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2006.html

I guess the next year the roster was worse. Basically the same team minus Butler. But added Phil as coach and Kobe put up his best season ever. Only to get beat in 7 by PHX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But those terrible Kobe teams were on the fringe of even making the playoffs. Lebron took his team to the finals. Maybe they were a bit better, but that's a huge difference despite the difference in conference strength. Kobe is one of the greatest players of his generation, don't get me wrong, but he has been very fortunate with his teams. Playing with the most dominant big of his generation (arguably ever) and then getting Gasol gifted to him for nothing definitely helps. When thinking about the earlier Lakers championship teams lets not forget that when Shaq left he won a ring with a 2nd year Wade.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Arash Markazi
‏@ArashMarkazi
Kobe Bryant: "Smush Parker was the worst. He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard."

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Kobe Bryant: "I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team."

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Kobe Bryant: "I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it into Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown?"

He's not wrong but my god Kobe is such an asshole.
That is kind of ****** up. I knew he didn't like Smush Parker (and Smush talks crap about Kobe all the time) but didn't know he hated Kwame and Chris Mihm that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Meh, Cavs were still probably worse but maybe they're close. Though one team went to the finals and one team didn't make the playoffs.
should've used the 05-06 team instead. That was kobe's mvp year that was stolen by nash haha.

That team went up 3-1 and were always on the brink of closing it out until screw ups by kwame and co.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im embarrassed to post this but in 06-07 Luke Walton was the Lakers' 3rd leading scorer.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
That is kind of ****** up. I knew he didn't like Smush Parker (and Smush talks crap about Kobe all the time) but didn't know he hated Kwame and Chris Mihm that much.

should've used the 05-06 team instead. That was kobe's mvp year that was stolen by nash haha.

That team went up 3-1 and were always on the brink of closing it out until screw ups by kwame and co.
Yeah I reposted with the 05-06 roster. Definitely a better example.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
But those terrible Kobe teams were on the fringe of even making the playoffs. Lebron took his team to the finals. Maybe they were a bit better, but that's a huge difference despite the difference in conference strength. Kobe is one of the greatest players of his generation, don't get me wrong, but he has been very fortunate with his teams. Playing with the most dominant big of his generation (arguably ever) and then getting Gasol gifted to him for nothing definitely helps. When thinking about the earlier Lakers championship teams lets not forget that when Shaq left he won a ring with a 2nd year Wade.
And the year after that they got swept by Ben Gordon. What's your point?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the year after that they got swept by Ben Gordon. What's your point?
That despite being past his prime Shaq got them a ring, showing that he was more important to those Laker championship teams than Kobe.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
That despite being past his prime Shaq got them a ring, showing that he was more important to those Laker championship teams than Kobe.
How is Shaq getting a ring with Wade any different than Kobe getting a ring with Gasol?

Also, you're wrong. The lakers would have never beat the Spurs without Kobe.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Shaq teamed up Wade, while Kobe was stuck with Mihm...there is no way of comparing the 2.

Wade carried that team to the title...not Shaq. Shaq wouldnt have won **** without Kobe in LA, and the same goes for Kobe without Shaq at that time.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is Shaq getting a ring with Wade any different than Kobe getting a ring with Gasol?
Do you not remember Wade in those playoffs?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey hey, all of this is about how LeBron > Kobe dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

With that being said you could argue that Shaq wasnt anything without an elite guard next to him. He played next to Penny, Kobe, Wade, Lebron...IDK just another way of looking at something that people have always gave Kobe **** for.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shaq didn't get them the ring. Wade and the refs did. Shaq was playing sidekick to Wade.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I'm not trying to hijack this thread with Kobe love. I was more posting hilariously bad Laker rosters. So I will stop here with that last post.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Also, you're wrong. The lakers would have never beat the Spurs without Kobe.
Because it was prime Gasol + Odom + Artest.

So you are arguing that Kobe was more important to the Laker championship teams than Shaq? I think Shaq leaving made that logic pretty obviously flawed.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Shaq wouldnt have won **** without Kobe in LA, and the same goes for Kobe without Shaq at that time.
Very debatable. He was hands down the most dominant player in basketball and the East was weak during his peak years.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Because it was prime Gasol + Odom + Artest.

So you are arguing that Kobe was more important to the Laker championship teams than Shaq? I think Shaq leaving made that logic pretty obviously flawed.
Lol what? He was stuck with a bunch of god damn nobodies. There is no logic behind this. Put Shaq with that group and no Kobe and its the same damn story.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaq wasn't anything? What the **** are you even talking about, Shaq is one of the greatest at his position.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Very debatable. He was hands down the most dominant player in basketball and the East was weak during his peak years.
Kobe was putting up 30 a game in those days to, Im just saying that Kobe wasnt just the sidekick back then. People dont realize just how good he was when Shaq was there, they seem to write him off.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Yea Shaq was the man in the 3-peat. Shouda gotten me a Shaq Lakers jersey.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: