Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Shaq teamed up Wade, while Kobe was stuck with Mihm...there is no way of comparing the 2.

Wade carried that team to the title...not Shaq. Shaq wouldnt have won **** without Kobe in LA, and the same goes for Kobe without Shaq at that time.
I'm just saying that Shaq was more valuable to the team than Kobe. I'm not saying Kobe sucked, just that Shaq was more valuable to the team.

Wade was great in those playoffs, but there's no way that 2nd year Wade was better than Kobe at that stage.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
How is Shaq getting a ring with Wade any different than Kobe getting a ring with Gasol?

Also, you're wrong. The lakers would have never beat the Spurs without Kobe.
The triangle offense in LA was built for Shaq, because he was excepted to be the lead guy, not Kobe.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Shaq wasn't anything? What the **** are you even talking about, Shaq is one of the greatest at his position.
Thats not at all what I said, but go ahead and spin it that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats not at all what I said, but go ahead and spin it that way...
Quote:
With that being said you could argue that Shaq wasnt anything without an elite guard next to him. He played next to Penny, Kobe, Wade, Lebron...IDK just another way of looking at something that people have always gave Kobe **** for.
What am I trying to spin, without an elite gaurd he's still one of the greatest to play.

And a great center is more important to a team, it's hard to find a dominate 7footer now and days.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I loved Penny...shame he couldn't stay healthy.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
What am I trying to spin, without an elite gaurd he's still one of the greatest to play.

And a great center is more important to a team, it's hard to find a dominate 7footer now and days.
Im not saying he wasnt more important to the Lakers. But when he used the Heat winning a title the next year as an example of why he was more important its just failed logic. Kobe with Mihm or Shaq going over and playing with another elite guard in Wade.

I know how good Shaq was, I was saying it for the sake of the argument that Shaq hasnt won **** without an elite guard next to him, because people always seem to knock Kobe for the same thing (but a post, obviously). He made it to the finals in Orlando with Penny, won 3 in L.A with Kobe and won one with Wade. He wasnt the only thing that drove those teams.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaq was just a piece in that Heat run. If I remember correctly he didn't even play a full season. Shaq was no. 2 at that point, was already on the decline.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Very debatable. He was hands down the most dominant player in basketball and the East was weak during his peak years.
The East was weak but the West was probably the toughest it has ever been. Shaq alone would NOT have beaten those Kings and Spurs teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hey hey, all of this is about how LeBron > Kobe dammit.
Guess we'll see this coming summer.

Also for those arguing that the reason Lebron was better was because he carried a crappy team further than you're also saying he's better than Jordan from 84-90.

I will admit though... Kobe lost us that finals against the Pistons...

Last edited by soybean : 10-11-2012 at 01:29 AM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Guess we'll see this coming summer.
I meant on the whole. Right now, it's not even close. LeBron is so much better than Kobe at this moment in time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alonzo Mourning had more of an impact on that heat team than Shaq did
Old 10-11-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe was putting up 30 a game in those days to, Im just saying that Kobe wasnt just the sidekick back then. People dont realize just how good he was when Shaq was there, they seem to write him off.
If you (Laker fans and or LeBron anti-fans) want people to stop bringing up the fact that Kobe was clearly the second best player on 3 of his championship teams, you (Laker fans and or LeBron anit-fans) need to:

a. Stop comparing Kobe's 5 rings to Jordan's 6.

b. Stop trying to marginalize LeBron's championships because of his surrounding talent.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I meant on the whole. Right now, it's not even close. LeBron is so much better than Kobe at this moment in time.
I don't know how this is even debatable.

I'm the biggest Kobe-Stan ever, but Lebron is on a whole other level. Kobe is like the Kareem of non-centers, in that his legacy will be defined by the sheer totality of games, points, All Star teams, All NBA teams, etc. But Lebron is a better player.

Fwiw, put an average 2 guard on those mid 2000s Laker teams and they're a lottery team. Easily. Kobe was worth about 20-30 wins to them by himself. He is allowed to talk **** about that supporting cast. Or just talk **** in general, really.

People forget there was a time Kobe wanted us to think he was cool. And everyone saw through him and said **** that, so he said **** it and started acting like his real asshole self. <3

Last edited by y.f.s. : 10-11-2012 at 01:50 AM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
I don't know how this is even debatable.

I'm the biggest Kobe-Stan ever, but Lebron is on a whole other level. Kobe is like the Kareem of non-centers, in that his legacy will be defined by the sheer totality of games, points, All Star teams, All NBA teams, etc. But Lebron is better in almost every tangible way possible. .
But Kareem was far and away the best player of the 70s, and was damn good in his old ass age in the 80s.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The argument was never whether Kobe was better than Lebron right now. I don't know how it developed into that.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The argument was never whether Kobe was better than Lebron right now. I don't know how it developed into that.
Blame soybean for saying we'll see this Summer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been like 4 separate arguments going on since I posted those quotes I don't even know what we're talking about anymore.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But Kareem was far and away the best player of the 70s, and was damn good in his old ass age in the 80s.
Hm....I agree with the benefit of hindsight and completed careers. But I bet there serious arguments of Kareem vs Oscar or Moses or Gervin back then... Or even a healthy Walton. I dunno tho. Obviously wasn't alive back then.

I think what you said about Kareem is how we'll look at the 2000s like that for Kobe and Duncan tho. Others may have had a better year or strung together a few better seasons, but as far as the totality of the entire decade? Those two own it IMO.

Last edited by y.f.s. : 10-11-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
There has been like 4 separate arguments going on since I posted those quotes I don't even know what we're talking about anymore.
It's always Brodeur's fault. Remember that.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
Factually correct.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
All I said was LeBron is better than Kobe, you Mexican ass. I'm bitter the Tigers lost, I have barely slept in 3 days, I have my fifth test this week in 6 hours, and I'm sticking to LeBron right now is better than Kobe ever was.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
All I said was LeBron is better than Kobe, you Mexican ass. I'm bitter the Tigers lost, I have barely slept in 3 days, I have my fifth test this week in 6 hours, and I'm sticking to LeBron right now is better than Kobe ever was.
Again, difficult/impossible to argue that, even as a raunch Kobe-Stan.

Plz stop, other Laker fans.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

There's no way Jamaal Magloire is only 34. He has to be at least 45.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If you drank, these times would go by a lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Again, difficult/impossible to argue that, even as a raunch Kobe-Stan.

Plz stop, other Laker fans.
Kobe is by far the second best shooting guard of all time, and is only second to the greatest player of all time. Lebron is an all-time great as well, but eric's right, it's impossible to argue between two guys whose primes were at different stages and that play different positions.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Lebron has all the tools and all the ability to go down as the best ever when it is all said and done (I hate saying this by the way, but hes got more physical ability than anyone who has ever played the game). But its going to depend on whether his basketball skill and IQ of the game goes up when his athleticism begins to fade. Dwight Howard is the same type of player in that regard.

I feel Kobe never had the type of athletic ability and relied more on his skills and his IQ of the game. He was able to change his game much like MJ did, and they were probably the 2 most successful in doing so.

Quote: